“Pretty on the Outside”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Balfron
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Bakery, Sit in cafe and takeaway. Open Monday to Saturday from 7.30am to 5.30pm.
“Pretty on the Outside”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a beautifully presented little premises on the outside. The café is upstairs and attractively presented. However it all goes sadly downhill after that. I sat down with high expectations of a traditional afternoon tea and asked if the cakes I had caught site of in the shop were homemade, I was assured by a rather sullen waitress that everything was baked on the premises. I opted for a scone and jam with a pot of tea. I was so disappointed when what arrived was a barely hot pot of tea and a mass produced scone. I also then had a member of staff constantly up and down the stairs until I left to pay the bill. I had a proper look at the cakes on display and sad to say not one of them looked home baked. Such a disappointment.

• Visited March 2014

Stirling, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicous Lunch In A Cosy Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon Bakers & More on a miserable wet & windy day. Delicious baked potato and a lovely coffee served by warm & attentive staff in a spotless & cosy restaurant. Highly recommended

“HOME BAKING??”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I called in at this bakers and cafe recently while out on business in the area. How disappointing to have such a great facility with such a poor choice of cakes! I could bet my bottom dollar they were not home baked either! Also, there was a pile of potato scones in a chiller and when a customer tried to buy some, she was told they were not for sale on their own, only if they were cooked and in a roll. Imagine a bakers turning down a sale....very poor customer service. On the upside, the crispy rolls I got were absolutely delicious!

Visited July 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well Done!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Bakers & More was reccommended to me and is now a weekly meeting place for me and my friends from the rural. As keen bakers we all are, it is delightful to see that generations of traditional recipes have been passed down and are being used in the shop.Fantastic all round, would highly reccomend a visit to all. Kirsty and the girls are all very pleasant, Well Done.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank farmersrecipe1960
“Bacon Rolls..........”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Under new ownership and what a difference this is making.

Great bacon rolls and fab cakes.

Keep up the good baking....

Visited December 2012