“Stumbled upon this gem...”
Review of Skyway Bar & Grill

Skyway Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Zigzag
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stumbled upon this place driving around looking for another place that my husband remembered eating at before. We drove by and the smell was almost mouth watering! It's kind of a funky little place, but the food is amazing! Everything we had - the bar-b-q sampler, the mac & cheese, the frickles, the buffalo wings - was terrific!

3  Thank Regina T
There are newer reviews for Skyway Bar & Grill

Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The pork ribs and pulled pork are terrific. And for vegetarians, there's even bar-be-que tofu. Apart from traditional bar-be-que offerings, the menu is quite eclectic, with a range of selections including salmon, pork chops, chicken, conventional sandwiches (Reuben, e.g.). And of course, Mac 'n cheese. And a full bar to boot. The restaurant itself is a fun, high-energy place with a laid-back mountain quality. Live music adds to the fun. My only issue is that, in the winter, the cool -- sometimes cold -- mountain weather finds its way into the building, creating some unwanted drafts that require us stay bundled up as we dine. Apart from that, it is a complete and satisfying dining experience.

1  Thank Markalong
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice and possibly never again. The server was absolutely awful. Took a long time to bring our bill, we had to ask for it. Then she would not collect it. We were completely ignored. We tried to get her attention as she seated new folks and cleaned tables. I tried to convince my friends to just leave if they didn't want our money. I got up w the bill and credit cards and had to find our waitress to give to her. Then when waiting forever for her to return processed bill and credit cards we watched her seat more people, clean more tables, I had to get up and loudly announce for her to give us our bill. The stupid waitress had it in her apron pocket the whole time. It was the most ridiculous situation I've ever been in. Before this incident I would have happily brought out of town visitors here after a day of snowboarding mt hood. I will have to take them somewhere else. Very disappointed. I have receipt w/ her name on it and will include it later so if you do want to go for food and atmosphere make sure to avoid this pathetic waitress. And I still need to call the manager/owner about her.

Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

BBQ was just OK. The portion we got of BBQ was lacking. Their Mac & Cheese was the bomb. I'd eat here again but think I'd do it minus the kids.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The inside is full of character, and worth seeing! The food is more forgettable though..... BBQ was plentiful, but it was difficult to actually taste the difference between the pulled pork and brisket they were so over flavored with rub or sauces - and I didn't add any sauce. Ribs were not fall off the bone tender, but they were the best of the three BBQ items I tried. Chicken and mashed potatoes were just bland. Drinks were cheap though! Strangely for a "bar and grill" the sides are a la carte. Food is overpriced for what it is.