“Great Caesar Salad Offered”
Review of Skyway Bar & Grill

Skyway Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Zigzag
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Since I am have celiac disease and not able to digest any gluten, I like to find places that offer gluten-free salads and dishes. I found that the Skyway Bar and Grill offers a really delicious chicken Caesar salad. Since I have been there several times, I have found the salad to be consistently delicious. I usually order the small rather than large portion as the small portion is more than adequate for me. The small portion is actually quite large with more than enough grilled chicken to satisfy my appetite.
The staff at this bar and grill are very friendly and attentive. Since most of them are long-term employees, there is always consistency in the food and service. This place is almost a "sports grill" as they have TV monitors around if you want to watch a sporting event.
I definitely recommend this place to those who must be gluten free as this salad is just plain old good. It is located in Rhododendron just as you approach or come from the mountain on Hwy. 26.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have tried many of the places while driving back from Mt. Hood but finally decided to give Skyway a try. It really surprised us both. First the decor was pretty cool. It would be VERY hard to find this type of stuff today. Very eclectic. Second, the food was really good. I had a spinach walnut salad and added chicken. The wife got the sampler which consisted of brisket, ribs and pulled pork. The food was very good but what surprised me the most was A. They had a salad at a barbecue place and B. They also had veggies on the menu. I am kind of a health nut so I try to avoid places like this. BUT I was able to order steamed veggies, how cool. They also had all the typical BBQ joint stuff, like fried pickles so you can take your midwest relatives when they visit. They did charge extra for a side of BBQ sauce which really surprised me as most BBQ joints have bottles of sauce on the table.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've spent 2 full winters in the Mt. Hood area living in cabins. Whenever friends and family would come to visit I would take them to Skyway Bar and Grill. For several important reasons:

1) It's huge. indoor and out door seating, plus a huge couch by the fireplace.
2) the food is awesome, you can buy meat by the pound. 1 pound of pulled pork, enough said.
3) Beer, they have all the best local beers on tap
4) mixed drinks, they have their own special list, all good.
5) social life, the best place to have a few beers and kick back.
6) the staff is great. Had a few drinks with the owners one night, great people. Lots of fun

If you're driving back from Hood, stop and have a drink at the colorful place. You'll know it when you see it

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Great drinks, fun atmosphere...but you gotta have their mac & cheese! We are addicted and call it "crack mac"! You can even add other staples such as bacon, BBQ and salmon for more deliciousness!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stopped for appetizers and drinks after a long day exploring the Columbia River Basin. Skyway was recommended by a local and now I'm recommending it as a traveler. From what I saw people order, the portions are large. Expect barbeque, fries, ... and the honey glazed chicken wings were quite good. (I never order chicken wings!) Suggest this as a fun place to listen to music and grab a bite to eat.