“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beyin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beyin
Beyin Beach Resort
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

If you decide to go to Beyin, you don't have many options. This resort is very basic, but definitely has charm. It is on what I consider the nicest beach in Ghana, and is beautifully landscaped with many tall coconut palms.

The rooms are very basic with no AC or hot water. They provide a fan, but it is in Africa so the power does go out fairly often, which can lead to a hot night. My friends and I booked four rooms, and my room was the worst out of the four. We had many cockroaches scurrying around at night, but they must have liked us because the rest of the rooms didn't have the same experience. None of the insect guests made it into the mosquito net so out sleep wasn't disturbed. We had the first bungalow, and it was not really sealed. During the day I could see light coming through the floor boards. Despite the roaches and the hot night, I really did enjoy my stay as did my friends.

The food was average, but the best part about that area is Cafe Puerto, which is a 2 minute walk away. Go during the day and order the Lobster Paella for dinner. It will change your life.

Overall it was a relaxing experience, and I would definitely go back...I just might request a different room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bretro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We are just back from our trip to Ghana where we spent 2 nights at the Beyin Beach resort.

Initially we were really impressed with the room, the outlook and the beach but on closer inspection the rooms were a bit run down. The fan didn't stay on until we jammed a hair pin into the button, the bathroom was a bit worse for wear and the bed linen and curtains were covered in stains that looked like palm oil. That said everything was very clean and comfortable. The bed was enormous!

The location is stunning, we had the beach to ourselves and enjoyed an afternoon there. The girl who works on reception is so friendly and helpful and the food was delicious.

We enjoyed the trip to the stilt village and ate at the Spanish restaurant next to where the canoes leave from (highly recommended) and overall had a great time.

Another downside which we expected was the journey to get there, heading back to Takrodi there was no direct tro tro so we ended up taking two shared taxis and a tro tro. But our trip was still worth it

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ash4985
Milano
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

It's the only place where you can stay in the area. It's really nice although a bit overpriced especially if compared to other luxury lodges in Ghana. Plase do not have wine in the restaurant, the bottle of Rose they brought us was at least 3 years older than what it should have been. It was orange instead of rose, it was awful....and it costed 20 cedis!

The place is really nice, the Ocean is amazing though it's very difficult to swim in it...
I advise not to spend more than 2 days there otherwise you will get bored...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pizza_mandolino
Divonne-les-Bains, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Beyin beach Resport in December in the so -called "luxury" bungalows. The setting is , indeed, lovely with miles of unspolit beach where you can walk without being hasseled. The idea behing the simple resort is great - working with the local village, turtle conservation, " eco friendly" - but we found it to be seriously overrated by the guide books and the other trip advsior reviews here. I cannot believe the reviews that said it was the best place they stayed in!
The "Luxury" bungalow has a standing fan, water pressure in the bathroom was so low that it was barely worth taking a shower - the lino in the bathroom was badly laid and in need of repair. They do not provide any beach towels and in an place where the rainfall and humidity is high all year round, your own towels barely dry. There is nowhere comfortable to sit ( and it does rain a lot) - the traditional African village chairs in the room are not what I would call luxury and are certainly not comfortable.
The beach loungers are wooden - no cushions provided, I asked the owner why not and his response was that the slat and humidity meant they did not last long -come on - the hotel hould have its client's interest at heart , even if the cushiosn have to be replaced often. The resort seems to do a good trade as it was fully booked so I really think they could make an effort.
For the quality of the accomadation, I think it was somewhat overpriced - the other accomadation with no fan and shared bathroom are cheaper - but only suitable for a volonteer on a very low budget.
The best part of the Beyin Beach resort was the filter coffee and fresh orange juice!
With some regular maintenance and a bit more effort, this could be really nice - but it seems Beyin resort has built up a reputation on the backpacker's network and relies on that rather than the upkeep.
We stayed one night in a new place at the other end of the village ( Tecken lodge) - somewhat impersonal concrete bungalows but with the option of AC , overhead fans or student accomadation. Nice bathroom tea/coffee making in the room - and mattresses for the beach - for the same price as the Beyin Beach resort.

Room Tip: If you are not on a low budget insist on a room with a fan
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rafiki99
Lome, Togo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were a bit apprehensive about travelling such a long way to a hotel that we had never been too and were just relying on the trip advisors reviews as a guidance. So right they were, this place was well worth the long trip because once you got there you forgot about it! They arranged the transport too for us at a good rate to be picked up from Tema and the Taxi driver even stopped off for us to visit Elmina castle on the way back for a pit stop.
Patrick was a great host, along with Gifty who was forever helpful and Obie continuing to supply us with fresh coconuts straight from the tree. The chalets were very clean and cleaned daily. I even left some money out on the top as a tester to see if anybody would steal it, it stayed there the whole time I was there so the staff are very trustworthy. We had the luxury chalet , which includes ensuite (very advisable!) and so if you're coming from europe or USA, don't expect luxury by 5 star standards, because this is Africa, but this is a good standard for this country and we were more than happy and Patrick has future plans for more chalets. The Kingsize bed IS a king size bed, my son could do 3 complete rolls on it to give you an idea.
They bent over backwards to accommodate my sons food allergy to banana's.
You can also join a turtle tour and even on the first day we were there we got to see our first baby turtle at the hatching area. You have to be able to walk a fair distance and it is in the middle of the night, but it is worth it, my 4 year old loved it even at 3:30am in the morning! Food is good and at good prices. We expected them to overprice as we were so far from the city and even the large bottles of water were about the same price as we paid in town. If you want a change of scenery for eating there is also a lovely "very random and out of place" Spanish restaurant owned by a Spaniard 5 mins walk from the hotel which serves amazing Paella.
You can also book tours at the office next door to the hotel and we enjoyed the canoe trip to the stilt village and the Meander crocodile walk with our guides Tommy AKA "Jamaica" and Douglas-they even made us lilly flower necklaces on the way back! They really went out of their way for us. One word of advice, don't go sticking your camera in everybodies face at the stilt village, you'll be hated and won't get any pictures, they won't like it. Talk to people, let them warm up to you and then they become a bit more willing. Most people we knew who did the same tour as us took 2-3 hours to do the whole thing, we took 7 hours, because we went and talked to people, learnt about their life etc...it is more fullfilling! There is also a small fort about 10 minutes walk away and the guide is very informative.

All in all, I would most definately go back again...the staff felt like friends by the time we left - great place to go an relax!.....thank you Patrick for a GREAT time!

....why are you still reading this review.....just book your holiday there!

From 3 ladies and a boy!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharononaship
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have never placed a review or felt the need to but I just wanted to say that this is one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The staff are extremely friendly but also are not too overbearing allowing you to enjoy the best part of this place which is the feeling of having your very own slice of paradise.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

I am a volunteer living in Ghana. I traveled to the stilt village and stayed at the Beyin beach resort. I have done lots of traveling in my one year time here and this has been the best. Everything about this place was excellent and amazing. I would put this on the must do list!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beyin
Tenack Beach Resort
Tenack Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Beyin
Ankobra Beach Resort
Aqua Safari Resort

Been to Beyin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!