“Wonderful place in a wonderful environment”
Review of Beyin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beyin
Beyin Beach Resort
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I'm simply amazed that anyone has found anything negative to say about Beyin Beach Resort. We thought it was simply magic. We had a chalet room which was great - spacious, light, clean, airy and comfortable. The restaurant offered a good variety and everything we chose was great, but cheap. The staff were friendly, helpful and interesting.

What makes this place wonderful beyond all others is its environment. It sits right on the cleanest beach I have seen in all Ghana. Honest-to-goodness clean. Clean! There were no plastic bags riding the waves and there was no litter on the sand - unbelievable. Better still: the sea was safe, with none of the usual strong rips or undertows in the water. Better even than that: on our second day we were woken at dawn and invited to watch/help some newly hatched turtles make their way across the sand to the sea. Magic!

The Beyin staff will show you the info office for trips Nzulezu, just outside their gate. Do it. The canoe ride takes you through magnificent wetlands before turning in to the river at the edge of which Nzulezu is built. You probably won't want to stay long at Nzulezu itself, though it's good to have a quick look around, but you'll probably really enjoy the ride back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat H

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed there for a weekend, breakfast with (filter) coffee ist really nice, they even have fresh fruit and juice, something that is really rare in ghanaian resorts. Food in general was very good, especially everything with bread and local dishes. I was unlucky with my dinner once but besides the food was always great. Huts are nice, spacious and beds are comfortable. Few things hold me back from giving a higher rate. The beach huts were rotting and a bit disgusting. There were no cushions for the beach chairs which made it very unfomfortable.
The staff was amazing and nice and very helpful at all times. Very quiet and beautiful place for a weekend and to discover Nzulezu and the wetlands around.

Room Tip: Chalets are worth their money as they include breakfast.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My family (3 generations of us ranging in age from 9 to 75) spent 3 nights at the Beyin Beach Resort in August 2013. It was an idyllic experience whether we were at the younger or older end of the age spectrum. The lodges are literally on the beach, under swaying palm trees (with the odd "thump" of a coconut falling!), simple, natural, beautiful but very comfortable accommodation (double beds with mosquito netting, hot running water). Yes - it is sandy and a little damp - I don't see how it can be any other way being on the beach.

The team was helpful and found us transport to the various places we needed it; the food/menu was varied and delicious (whether Ghanaian food or more western, that my kids had begun to crave a little). And wonder of wonders, our first filter coffee/French press coffee in our 3 weeks in Ghana - made a wonderful change from the ubiquitous Nescafe! Thank you to the team. We had a great time and hope to be back!

Room Tip: any of the lodges on the beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I can only assume that the one star allocated but another reviewer refers to another resort. This one is amazing and easily one of my favourites in Ghana as a whole. Patrick, the owner, is a British Ghanaian who has done so well making this a resort which feels like you are seeing the real Ghana but with a couple of nice touches to make it more comfortable (proper coffee/hot showers). During our three week trip this was the first place that had hot showers so we were surprised and delighted! Our twin room was in a lovely wooden hut, with a verandah and front garden, and all beds had four poster type mosquito nets as standard so really comfortable and easy. The restaurant had a large menu including Ghanaian and Western food, along with some combinations. Patrick was so amicable and clearly works hard to keep in resort in good order. There are sheltered wooden walk ways for all routes which aid avoiding death by coconut and sand between the toes. Patrick has landscaped all the grounds and keeps them really well maintained, creating the best atmosphere. We relaxed so much here and are so glad we stayed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Dear Travellers, I have been to 23 African countries. I often lead expeditions to different parts of Africa, usually with a professional photographer. We do PROMOTION for Africa since 10 years.
I have spent 2 hours in the Beyin Beach Resort before I WAS KICKED OUT from the place by the wicked, arrogant, agressive hotel manager. It was 10 pm in the night, I was alone (European girl) in the dark carrying my bag and trying to reach the house where my crew was staying, some 250 meters from the Hotel! There were no lights, only dogs, and I was all alone in the dark.
The problem emerged when I realized, that in the room I was paying for, the plug in for electronic devices was broken. I went to the reception and asked if they can fix it or if I could charge my mobile at the reception desk. The hotel manager was standing next to me while I was talking to the girl at the reception and he started to explain me that it was the fault of the previous client who did not inform the Hotel that he or she broke the plug in. I told him that I understand the situation, but it is the responsability of the Hotel management to carefully check everything, and if they find something that is broken, they are supposed to correct it the shortest time possible. He replied: If you do not like it, you can leave, I will give you back my money, I dont care! And so he did, after he went into my room and started to throw out my things, and kicked me out from the place during the middle of the night! I was lucky to find a bed nearby where my colleagues were staying and locals tried to calm me down as I was in tears. This was the first and last time in Africa this happened to me and I can tell you I will return to Beyin because its beauty but will avoid this Beach Resort as far as I can and I suggest you to do the same!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Vadrozsaszirom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We spent an extra long weekend here in September.

We had the best time! Our rooms were great, although being so close to the beach we found they were always a little damp. Our food was great (you MUST order the brownies!! what a treat in Africa!!), the only thing we didn't love was the fajitas we ordered one night.

The beach is absolutely beautiful. The sunset is amazing over the gulf, and we spent time wandering down to the villages farther along the beach where we ran into fisherman bringing in their catch for the day.

While there you should definitely visit Nzuleo across the road, it is a stilt village on the water. Although it is unorganized, it is worth the wait to see the village on the water.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie L
Reviewed 1 November 2012

If you decide to go to Beyin, you don't have many options. This resort is very basic, but definitely has charm. It is on what I consider the nicest beach in Ghana, and is beautifully landscaped with many tall coconut palms.

The rooms are very basic with no AC or hot water. They provide a fan, but it is in Africa so the power does go out fairly often, which can lead to a hot night. My friends and I booked four rooms, and my room was the worst out of the four. We had many cockroaches scurrying around at night, but they must have liked us because the rest of the rooms didn't have the same experience. None of the insect guests made it into the mosquito net so out sleep wasn't disturbed. We had the first bungalow, and it was not really sealed. During the day I could see light coming through the floor boards. Despite the roaches and the hot night, I really did enjoy my stay as did my friends.

The food was average, but the best part about that area is Cafe Puerto, which is a 2 minute walk away. Go during the day and order the Lobster Paella for dinner. It will change your life.

Overall it was a relaxing experience, and I would definitely go back...I just might request a different room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bretro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beyin
Maaha Beach Resort
Maaha Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Bakanta
0 mi away
Tenack Beach Resort
Tenack Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Beyin
Ankobra Beach Resort

Been to Beyin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!