“My favourite 'adventure' holiday!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cisnadioara
Secret Transylvania Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Cisnadioara B&B and Inns
Stubbington, United Kingdom
“My favourite 'adventure' holiday!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Everything about our holiday was perfect from the early planing stages. Jez and Di completely looked after us, from helping with booking flights to feeding and taxiing us about between places.
We felt really welcome in the guest house and although we had a plan to follow, there was no pressure to rush and our time in Transylvania flew by.
The food and accommodation was fantastic, I have never been faced with so many lovely meals in one week (I am a fussy eater!).
My friend and I saw many attractions including a visit to the mountains to stay in the Ice Hotel - a must for any visitors!
We really appreciated Jez who took on the role of a tour guide as we would have missed out on so much without him.
A fantastic sightseeing holiday for anyone wanting to visit Romania, I would return for future holidays given the chance!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bournemouth
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have given a review based on customer service as unfortunately my family and I had to cut short our visit to Romania and therefore did not have the time to stay at the Guest House.
On organising our trip to Transylvania I had booked a couple of nights with Jez and Di after seeing the fabulous reviews on trip advisor.
I had written to Di asking her countless questions with regard to where we should go and what we should see and she answered all of my questions patiently, comprehensively and with a really warm and friendly manner. So much so that my 6 year old son, who had heard me passing this information to my husband and telling him how lovely Jez and Di were, asked when we would be visiting our 'friends' in Romania.
We were in contact with Di for the first half of our holiday and when we explained that we would be cutting our holiday short she was incredibly understanding and continued to be so helpful despite the fact that she must have been very busy.
Jez and Di seem to me to be a couple who are inherently compassionate, thoughtful and kind and who obviously have a desire to ensure that they can give people the best experience of their hospitality and their chosen home that they can.
Di has recently written to us, updating us with the news that Wizz Air are now flying to Sibiu so I hope that we will finally get to meet both her and Jez in the near future.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
hamilton uk
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Have just returned from our visit to Transylvania. We stayed in the annexe building of the Guest House, and had our meals at the main house. We are a family of 4, with a 12 year old and a 19 year old. The annexe was lovely and ideal for our family with 2 double ensuite rooms and a single day bed in another room, kitchen facilities were good, however had no need of them as Di fed us SO well in the main house, her cooking really is legendary. I cannot praise Jez enough, he went out of his way throughout the 4 days that we stayed with them, from picking us up at Cluj airport (a 3-4 hour transfer), to escorting us around the various activities and even staying beside the ice hotel on the night that we slept there so that we had the use of his room to change and store our gear. He was a fantastic host, and barman, and waiter, and driver and guide, he must be exhausted by the time his guests leave. Beware though, do not believe everything that he says, he is a master of the tall but very believable tale!! Praise also to Nulutsu who drove us through the night back to the airport to catch our early morning flight, even though he had driven 5 hours during the day taking us to Bran Castle.
If you are trying to decide if you want to go for this holiday then do what I did, read the reviews and believe them, you really couldn't do better than visit this couple.
Thanks also to Stuart, Jackie, Lauren and Jane, who were the other guests during our stay, you were lovely company.
We did decide that we needed to find a negative to make the review more easy to believe, so we found a fault eventually, the pepper grinder was broken (and made a hideous squeaking noise), however when we pointed it out Jez returned 5 minutes later with another one!

Room Tip: There is no room service (who would expect it in a guest house) however the rooms were cleaned and b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HamiltonUkLynn
bucks
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It all started well with fuss free travel on Wizz Air from Luton to Targe Mures. Great flight, good seats and reasonable cost.

We were collected from the airport by Nulutsu who drove us back to Cisnadiora as if he was driving on eggs. This was pleasant as a lot don't drive carefully.

Jez & Diana could not have been more helpful both prior to arrival and during our stay. We visited all or most of the regions delights including a horse and carriage ride through Astra. At the museum you can see how life has evolved in Transylvania. Some of the highlights were the many Saxon fortified churches along with Rasnov Fortress, Bran Castle, Transfagaras Highway and of course the wonderful Balea Lac

Jez is very knowledgeable on local history and is more than happy to change tours to suit weather or needs. A raconteur for certain.

Di on the other hand is determined to make every guest fat. The food is just beyond description and the portions overly generous. The local cats and dogs dine well on the scraps.

We cannot wait for a break in our schedules so that we can return to this idillyic location and these lovely people. The facilities and accommodation are scrupulously clean with plenty of charm and character.

The Lancaster Pub is Jez's bolt hole for evenings and serves a nice pint. Visitors included Doris & Sorin along with Dennis--Derek--Dolly et al

Room Tip: We went for Haloween 2012 but because I forgot to do the review it says March 2013
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BucksKittenkat
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited Transylvania with my friend and can not recommend this package enough! Jez and Di run a brilliant guest house and have an amazing itinerary set up. You really can't go wrong with the help and care from them.

We booked the Ice Hotel trip with an extra day on the end to save money on the flights, the extra day B&B cost was still better than the increased cost of the flight. We got to spend an extra day in Sibiu which was really beautiful. If Jez and Di are amenable, I definitely recommend adding a day on for this reason.

The Ice Hotel at Lac Balea was incredible but I could see how it could be confusing without a guide, Jez really takes care of everything while you're there. He's also very knowledgeable about the area, the history and people. Any questions I had on our journeys were answered really well and it was clear that he enjoys the area.

Di's cooking is delicious and plentiful, you will not go hungry staying here! There's already a lot written here about the food so I won't go into it too much but it is noteworthy.

The trips are well planned, good fun and varied. You really feel like you're getting your value for money whilst going at your own pace.

I tend not to like going back to the same places twice, the world is too big to retread the same adventures but I do thoroughly recommend Secret Transylvania and I am considering returning in the summer months to see the country then, Romania is a beautiful place and well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was definitely one of the highlights of our recent European trip. Di was brilliant from the first email conversation to packing us a lunch to take with us to the airport on the last day. Jez was completely awesome with picking us up from the airport, to taking us sightseeing to various places in Transylvania, to being waiter at meal times, to being the bar tend.
We did the ice hotel experience with them and that was completely awesome! Di's cooking is completely out of this world! (thanks for the extra 3 kilo's Di!)
I am already planning a return trip in a warmer season to do the other things that I missed out on!
To be able to spend some time in a tiny village in Transylvania was amazing, it felt like we had gone back in time 30 years. I fell in love with this little part of Europe and can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnitaBaumann
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my first time visiting Romania, and staying here during Christmas was such a memorable experience. Di and Jez were incredible hosts and everybody else involved to help make our experience special really did do an outstanding job.

The food was absolutely delicious, and I am not just saying that. Especially whilst staying there during Christmas day, Di and Jez really did work hard and I definitely appreciated their efforts. (Best Turkey I have ever had!)

They also know a lot about the location, and will arrange to take you to places that are interesting and worth visiting. One experience I do recommend is visiting the ice hotel! Now that is something worth seeing as I have never seen anything like it! It was great to see all that snow during Christmas time.

Overall my experience was fantastic and I was never disappointed. Hopefully I will soon be returning to see Transylvania in the Summer! (Photos attached)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cisnadioara
Hotel Casa Wagner
Bella Muzica
#2 of 56 in Brasov
Hunter Prince Castle & Dracula Hotel
Village Hotel - Transylvania

Been to Secret Transylvania Guest House? Share your experiences!