“Would definitely stay there again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cisnadioara
Secret Transylvania Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Cisnadioara B&B and Inns
Antigua, Guatemala
“Would definitely stay there again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

A wonderful experience, just a stone's throw from Sibiu but a World of difference. In a lovely village surrounded by beautiful landscapes and easy to go to and from Sibiu. Very relaxed atmosphere, peaceful and quiet at all times. And besides being wonderful hosts, Di is a wonderful cook, We enjoyed every single meal we had with them, we only wish we would've stayed longer!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fleet, Hants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

Our Expectations were already exceeded even before we left the UK. Di's communication was excellent from the initial enquiry right through to the day before we left. We stayed in the Saxon village house from 6-10 Apr and the weather was fantastic. After flying Luton to Cluj with Wizzair Jez picked us up from the airport in his Land Rover and we sped off through the countryside with ease.

On arrival we were very pleased with our accomodation which was spacious, clean, comfortable and with the kitchen included every amenity you we would possibly need for our stay.

We went all inclusive and already had all of our food menus and daily excursions planned out. When we sat down in the Bread Oven dining room on the first night for dinner we had to pick our jaws up from the floor in order to start eating. The food really was that good! Di was also very accomodating about any dietry needs or food preferences. Breakfast and packed lunches also included.

During the three full days we were there Jez took us for a hike up a nearby mountain with spectacular views, and also drove us to numerous Citadels for which we were very grateful. We also had a good day looking around nearby Sibiu and watching the world go by.
One evening we also entered the local hill top church under the cover of darkness. We were lucky enough to have expert guidance from Dores who is a lovely local girl assisting Jez and Di.

Jez also runs the Lancaster pub which is a must visit. Credit is available !! Jez and Di are fantastic hosts, great to talk to and fun to be around. They will go out of their way for you.

All in all we would rate the trip 10/10. This is somewhere where we had always wanted to come and are so glad we did. We are already planning our next trip.

North East England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

We had a wonderful stay at secret transylvania - the room was bright and lovely with a comfy bed and loads of room. In the kitchen there was a dish washer and washing machine which were very useful at the end of a long holiday. Di and Jez should hold conferences on how to treat guests: their hospitality was outstanding, as was the delicious food.

Thankyou very much Di for the packed lunch for our journey home - you shortbread was A*

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

This was a holiday to remember. A totally different experience for those who wish to see Transylvania as it really is. The accommodation was in a true Transylvanian village house, the only difference being that we were looked after by our hosts Di and Jez. Di cooked for us…meals worthy of the best restaurants…and made us packed lunches for picnics. They drove us wherever we wished to go and helped us to plan our itinerary which included Dracula’s birthplace, a typical Transylvanian castle, bear watching (we actually saw a young bear in it’s natural habitat), and a trip in to the mountains to see the ice hotel and church in all their glory, just before the spring melt. We went in March/April which was a lovely time to be there with the snow still in the mountains, but any time of the year I’m sure would be wonderful. From horse drawn ploughs to gypsy palaces with their glittering silver roofs, we would recommend this holiday to anyone with a sense of adventure. Di and Jez will make your holiday what you want it to be.

Kate Morris and Tony Croft

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank syzygyUk
brentford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

We were not quite sure what to expect when we booked an all Inclusive holiday at Cisnadioara, Casa Verde'. We could not have been more pleased with the personal service provided by Di and Jez. The holiday can be as busy or as relaxing as you prefer. We chose to do lots of Mountain walking and Jez was a brilliant guide and provided a great variety of trails to follow. Di's cooking was excellent and spending the evening in the Lancaster bar after dinner provided the perfect end to the night.

• Liked — Nothing was too much trouble
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

It was soooooo good, I just have to write about my Secret Transylvania experience with Di and Jez.

This was my first major trip abroad as a lone traveller but right from the very beginning I was supported by Diana who provided me with flight times, airport options and arranged for Jez to meet me when I landed in Bucharest to drive me safely across Romania into Transylvania where she was waiting for me with a hearty meal and a welcome drink. I was made to feel very welcome and straight away I felt comfortable with my new friends, who are such warm and easygoing but responsible hosts.

Initially when I arrived in the village I thought I was sightseeing a film set but no, this is a true Saxon village where I lived for the next week. But don’t think it was barbarian, on the contrary, the delightful country house where I stayed, provided an up to the minute modern home from home standard of accommodation.

For the next few days I was privileged to travel daily into the different regions viewing the old and the new that Romania has to offer. I travelled up mountains to dine in local inns, swam in the art décor baths in the city, dined in the high class restaurants, visited churches and museums, picnicked in the countryside whilst watching the shepherds mind their sheep, drove through traditional gypsy and farming villages and of course I visited the area and home where Count Dracula and his legend began. I learnt a great deal about the Romanian way of life and about the lovely Romanian people.

I could go on about the food, the barbecue on the hills, dinner in the garden under the stars but I wont, you must try the Secret Transylvanian experience for yourself. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Jeanin30
Northants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2009

We had a fabulous time in Transylvania. Jez and Di really know how to make it fun and interesting. The accommodation is comfortable and convenient, the location is wonderful.
There were four of us, and although we had most things in common, we had some different interests. There was so much to do and see -- long walks in the forests or visiting art galleries; climbing towers for the view, or sitting outside at cafés; horse-riding or carriage riding, and much, much more.
Di and Jez are great value.

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — Getting there
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cisnadioara
Hotel Casa Wagner
Bella Muzica
#2 of 56 in Brasov
Hunter Prince Castle & Dracula Hotel
Village Hotel - Transylvania

Been to Secret Transylvania Guest House? Share your experiences!