“accommodation”
Review of Oatridge Hotel

Oatridge Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broxburn
Oatridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Broxburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My sister and I stayed two nights in the Oatridge hotel at the end of February, we wanted two single room, but they did not have any available, so we were given a room with two double beds, and it was a big room, with a two seater leather sofa, coffee table, tea and coffee, tv, shower and toilet, lovely, we had dinner at night in the restaurant, great meal, had breakfast in the morning, good choice, you could have a cooked breakfast if you wished, staff were very friendly, and helpful, for sixty pounds for the night, great value for money, I would go back there again, also there was a bus stop outside the hotel, which could take you into the city centre, can't praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We dined at the restaurant here recently as a family to celebrate my Birthday. I had been particularly looking forward to a ribeye steak as we have dined here in the past, probably 2 or 3 years ago, and I had always remembered the steaks as being very good. We had pre-booked our table and our order was taken quickly. The starters were all very good but when it came to the main course both Karen and myself were greatly disappointed. There was no disguising the fact that we both had a truly excellent bit of beef on our plates but it was the overly salty/spicy taste that took us by surprise. We queried this with the waitress who told us that the chef always used his special spice rub on steaks before cooking them. She added that if we didn't like it then next time we visited if we ordered steaks then we should ask for them to be cooked without the addition of the spices! Hmn! So why weren't we given this option on this occasion? Not sure if there will be a next time. The other components of the meal were acceptable but the establishment looks a bit too upmarket to supply condiments in little plastic sachets and when I asked for french mustard to accompany my steak in order to neutralise the taste of the spice rub all they could supply was a well known brand of British imitation French mustard. The one redeeming factor at the end of the meal was the price. Because we had arrived and ordered before 6.30 pm we got our meals a discounted early evening price. This effectively gave us our starters for free.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brucestewart
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have used this hotel/restaurant many times and found that their steaks have always been first class and extremely reasonabley priced.
A village institution used by both visitors and locals, friendly staff and management with the option of joining in at the public bar next door. The house wine I find is pleasantly drinkable as well to top things of.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Having lots of family and friends stay at this hotel while visiting us I must say that all of them have been very happy with the Oatridge. Its clean, friendly and has an amazing Restaurant which we have visited many many times. The menu has lots of different choices and the wine list is really reasonable. I never hesitate to reccomend the Oatridge to friends or aquaintances in the passing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Had lunch there today. Rib eye steak was the best I have tasted for a long time, sourced from Lawsons local butchers just a few doors away. Price was very reasonable at £41 for two people, two courses and coffee. Decor is perhaps a little dark in the dining room, combined with the small ish windows it makes the place feel a little gloomy. Waitress was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Derek F
Reviewed 13 February 2012

If you want a fancy hotel then go to Edinburgh and pay triple the price.
I stayed a few nights and it was lovely. Had a great time and laugh with the staff as well. It building old and affordable, but worth it. Room was spacey and perfect for those who just want a decent room. Wireless in my room was weak (probably due to my location) but works perfectly in the hallway and downstairs. Staffs are friendly and welcoming. This is a small family business place so if you need anything, they're there. Breakfast was good. If you're not an early bird, talk to them and the staff will work with your schedule. No one expect a cheap room with breakfast to be a 5 star so don't expect too much. It's the usual (eggs, bacon, beans, tomato, cereals, and toast). Downstairs, they do run a night bar while the rooms are upstairs, so if you are one of them people who needs their silent and quietness, it is probably not the place for you. What can I say, they're scottish! Parking is very limited but Bus stops and mini markets is just right outside with small shops, fish'n chips, etc...and about 20 minutes bus ride to Edinburgh, FYI =) I say, it's worth it for those who want to have fun, save, and just enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PickNeat
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The rooms could do with a little TLC a busy bar with a good local trade all in good spirits. The food is fantastic all red hot and enjoyable I would stop again
Al of the staff were very polite and did a good job. Well done

Room Tip: Eat the food in the Hotel