“Honestly avoid this place, please read this review” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Heathrow Guesthouse

London Heathrow Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Wraysbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Honestly avoid this place, please read this review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The only two 5 star ratings on Tripadvisor are the same person. Coincidence? I dont think so. Yeah this place was pretty shocking. Where do i begin?

Their website is utterly misleading and NONE of the promotional images are from the hotel. I can make my profile photo Brad Pitt but that doesnt make it so. Honestly is there a law against what these people are doing?

Their testimonials on their website are as believable as the stunning picture of what is obviously a room in a skyscraper overlooking a beach! This place is in Heathrow! Not Dubai!

My room wasnt ready at 5pm. The backup room wasnt ready either. The backup, backup 'double' room was 2 singles pushed together (which was awesome for my spine, oh and the wifi doesnt reach to the granny flat they put me in out the back).

The TV reception cut out ever 60 seconds. I know this because a jet flies at what sounds like roof height over the hotel every 60 seconds (the hotel is DIRECTLY in the flight path). Phone reception on the inside is pretty much non existent.

Dirty dishes piled in the sink constantly. The 'nearby' shops are about half an hour away by foot and consist of a corner store and.... not much else. Look the list goes on, but really.... just dont. I have been in countless hotels from proper 5 stars hotel in Canada and Africa to glorified cardboard boxes in Cairo complete with rats and food poisoning. Really this place is a dump.

Room Tip: A good room would be one in another hotel. Thats my only tip.
5 Thank AndySc79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milton Keynes, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Not even a one star review is worthy of this establishment, I should know, I spent three months living here on a business assignment in the heathrow area. Of course, you may be thinking what has led me to make these claims - well, allow me go in to a bit of detail behind my stay (it's a long one but important if you're thinking of staying here for any length of time).

I was eager to find some temporary lodging in the heathrow area in March due to a business assignment just a few hundred metres away from the airport. I saw an advertisement on spare room.com for this place (advertised at room only for £695 PCM) so I decided to book an appointment with the owner to show me around. Upon arrival, I met with Arun Soni and his wife, who initially appeared a friendly and family orientated couple. Upon negotiating a rate for the double en-suite room, I felt happy handing over the £650 security deposit for the room as everything appeared in good order. It was only two weeks in I began to notice a few issues:

1) The room and hallway began to smell like sewerage when the rooms next door to me were occupied. I politely complained about this on several occasions and nothing was ever done to resolve it.

2) The cheap and tatty fixtures and fittings and permanent odd smell in the house (i.e. the sink taps were no more than a couple of centimetres diameter, the shower, although relatively new, had very poor pressure and an erratic temperature gauge, the tv that was clearly bought at the second hand store for a fiver which would only show a select few channels). The list goes on.

3) No soundproofing at all from the sound of approaching and departing aircraft. My room window was single glazed and had three gaps in the frame.

I totally appreciate that from time to time, issues like these will crop up. I decided that because it was only temporary and not much was being done in the way of the smell issue, I'd shut my mouth and put up with it until the end of my stay as I was locked in to a three month contract.

But as time went on, Arun, the owner, became very fussy over when my next rent payment was going to be made, even though I had never had any issues with this at all in the past. Every month, he'd ask "when is my £650 coming?", in which my reply would always be "on the 16th of every month as per the contract, this is on a standing order". He was always very fussy about money which is when I started to become concerned for my security deposit refund. Any time I saw him about the guesthouse, I'd naturally ask how he was, what's new etc but the conversation would always veer toward the topic of money - not a good trait for a small business owner when he is talking with his customers.

So, the end of my tenancy was approaching and I asked about my deposit refund arrangements. I was assured by Arun that this would be refunded to me the day I moved out. I let him know that I'd plan to move out slightly earlier than my tenancy end date, the 11th June to be precise. He said this was fine and I'd get the refund on that day. However, when coming back from a couple of days away with friends on the 10th, I was shocked to find a voicemail saying HE HAD BOOKED MY ROOM OUT and I MUST vacate my room otherwise he will move my things out my room for me. Shocked, my immediate reply was that he could not do that as I advised him I'd be moving out on the 11th, disregarding I had paid right up until the 17th June for my room anyway. He absolutely refused to do anything about it and told me that if I wanted to stay in my room HE WOULD CHARGE ME £50 FOR THE NIGHT!!! On top of the £650 I had already paid him! Outraged, I stated that should he enter my room and take my possessions out of it, I would treat it as though it were trespass and theft. Although he did not offer any solution, I told him that I would make my way down and move my things out anyway as I did not want him to touch them - I just required my deposit back the next day. He said fine and I ended up having to fork out £80 to stay in a different hotel that night.

I returned the next day to retrieve my security deposit, I was nervous as it was a lot of money and a lot of my trust in him had disappeared. I had ensured that the room was tidy upon vacating my room as I had a feeling he'd be extremely fussy over every minor detail. Upon inspection, he found a wrapper in the draw, a couple of hairs in the shower, some toothpaste mark on the sink and very, VERY aggressively demanded money to clean the room. He said he was "FED UP" with people like me on monthly contracts and said I hadn't once cleaned my room. I began to get worried and did not react adversely, as all I wanted was my money back and leave. I didn't want to give him an excuse not to refund me my money. He eventually apologised for anger burst out and said it was ok.

We approached the card machine where I had hope that I'd put my pin number in and it'd be all over in just a few seconds. Of course this was not the case. Arun said he did not have a supervisor card and could not refund me using the machine. I said that was fine, lets just make a call to the bank and do it that way. He complied and the call was made to his bank. They said he wasn't signed up to telephone or internet banking and was therefore not authorised to make a transfer. What a surprise! As a last resort, I said to him we'll go to the bank to make a transfer there in which he disappeared in to the other room to make enquires. His response - the system is down there so I can't issue you with the refund. I was genuinely in shock. All that was going through my mind was "THIS GUY IS A CON ARTIST". My final solution involved him and I meeting the next day to go to the bank (as the branch he was on about was now closed after all of the time attempting to sort this out). It was only after a warning that failure to provide me with my deposit refund would lead to legal action being carried out, he acknowledged and said he's sort it out by 11:30am the next day. After spending another night in Heathrow, we met the next day and to my amazement, he had managed to "find" the supervisor card for the chip and pin machine. The refund was leniently issued (judging by the expression on his face) and I left as soon as he gave me my receipt. No words were exchanged as he knew of my total dissapointment.

I know this was a long review, but PLEASE, take my advice. DO NOT STAY HERE. Even if it is only for one night. Spend that little extra and stay at a proper hotel where you will be treated like a customer rather than feeling like you've been conned out of your money.

5 Thank LHR-Speedbird

Travellers are raving about these Wraysbury hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

The area is more of a country side area than a city sort of area. Without a car, one would have to walk miles to the store. The owner is abnoxious, as once I saw the reception door I assumed that I could approach it. I was inside the reception lounge, there were nicely lighted figures of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. They looked pretty indeed. I saw another door, and heard his voice speaking behind the door. I then knocked almost four times before he opened the door. He shouted at me and said that I am not allowed to be in this part of the building. He said the reception door has a bell to ring for attention. I replied that a reception door always seems welcoming, he then said sorry and that he should of locked the door. Also, getting the jug of milk for the so-called "continental breakfast" took a lot of effort on my part, whereas it should be their duty to re-fill the jug every morning. Once I stood outside the reception door to ask for the milk and when the owner's wife had answered the door she moaned at how she was still quite sleepy and told me to ask her for the milk in the evening instead. Almost a week later, during the evening, I had needed milk, and so I stood at the reception door and rang the bell. The owner was moody and said to me "you won't get any milk because we don't have any."

Room Tip: There is a premier inn not far from heathrow guest house that serves good continental breakfast, eve...
5 Thank Sonia G
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Two friends and I have just returned home after a 2 night stay at this b&b.
Our first impression when we first arrived wasn't great to say the least. The owners are obviously in the process of renovating the building, judging by the appearance of the building and the amount of building supplies in the car park.

We were showed to our room which, to be honest, was fine. Clean towels were on our beds and the bathroom looked fairly new. We couldn't complain about the cleanliness of the room/bathroom.

I would have to agree with the other reviews with regard to the breakfast as this really was poor and not a continental breakfast by any stretch of the imagination. We were provided with 2 tupperware containers with cereal in, milk in jugs in the fridge along with cartons of orange juice and bottles of water. A plate of sandwiches were also provided for the following morning. As I'm not really bothered about breakfast this wasn't really a problem for me and so they weren't eaten.

The lady tried to be helpful but with all the owners lacking in English it wasn't very easy to communicate with any of them.

And as for the noise, yes the aeroplanes are really noisy at first but you get used to it. You are, after all, only a few miles from Heathrow so what do you expect? There is no flight noise between midnight-06:00am so not the end of the world.

On the whole, overpriced for what you get and we won't be returning. But, I'm sure there are much worse out there!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank GooseyLJ
Lincolnshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We booked this online. We struggled to find it as it doesn't look like the picture, it in facts looks like the picture I have attached - taken upon arrival! Scaffolding, people outside painting, no sign to say 'Guest House'.....it was all a bit scary! But, we do appreciate that you have to do alterations at some point. But more about that later....

So we arrived at 2 to be told we couldn't check in till 4 - didn't bother us - we drove off to Windsor to get over the shock anyway. Had a lovely walk round. Feeling brave, we returned at 6. The two gentlemen spoke little English, but the lady came out and showed us up to our room. She wanted a copy of each of our IDs (there were 3 ladies), which we thought was odd, but went along with it. She showed us where she'd put the things for breakfast. Basically, there was a fridge and on top of it a kettle, 3 mugs, 3 bowls and 2 tupperware tubs full of cereal - not sure what cereal just cereal. In the fridge were 2 jugs of milk, 3 small juice cartons and some water. She then brought up a small tray of sandwiches (!) and a tray of 6 rich tea biscuits (!). Very odd. Now we aren't picky people, but this doesn't really constitute a 'Continental Breakfast' in anyones book. We aren't the type to complain, we laughed about it and in the morning ate a couple of biscuits, a carton of orange each and left the rest.

The room itself was clean, the shower was hot and the bathroom was clean. The bedding was a little faded and could do with updating. Yes, there is aircraft noise. But it stops between midnight and 6:30, but to be honest - what do you expect so close to Heathrow? It wasn't particularly disturbing us and you get used to it very quickly. It wasn't an issue for us.

We managed a fairly good sleep, a shower, then in the morning went downstairs ready to go to Thorpe Park. We were then greeted by a Concrete Mixer at the bottom of the stairs (!?). This is not really that pleasant when you are paying £90 a night for the room. We didn't venture into the communal area - the lady didn't really give us any details about where we could/couldn't go and the facilities etc, so we headed straight out.

When we came back in the evening, the sandwiches were gone and replaced by pre-packaged sandwhiches this time - again, not a 'Continental Breakfast!' We were tired so we brought back some food and watched tv. The towels were clean and it was fairly comfortable.

For the price, we were disappointed. It wasn't clear who was running it, we weren't made aware of anything else in the guest house. If they are going to refurb (which they really should), they ought to close it completely and not have guests whilst work is going on. People who run B and Bs are generally personable and approachable - but I wouldn't of wanted to approach any of the people that seemed to be working there.

To sum up, we paid a lot of money for a poor experience. I am sure there must be better places around. If they want to get some good reviews they need to sort the breakfasts out - either don't do it at all or make sure it actually is a continental breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank KittyandWol
essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

was unfortunately booked for me, its a house and bungalow combined where as many rooms as possible are turned into accommodation. its supposed to be bed and continental breakfast, well whilst the room was clean,the breakfast was lacking, it consisted of a open topped jug with milk init in the fridge in the room, a carton of orange juice, that was it, no bowl, we tried the communal dining area to see if that was where breakfast was served, no the cupboards were bare.So on return later that day I spoke with Aron the manager. he stated continental breakfast was a bowl of cereal using the milk in the fridge and the carton of juice, coffee was DIY in your room, I said that this was not continental breakfast and in which case where was the cereal, apparently that should have been on the fridge in a tupperware container with the bowl, that was also absent. He was not happy that I had dared to comment/complain about the lack of breakfast, which led to him stating if I complained again he would ask me to leave , this then went to , he would throw me out. it was only on the 3rd morning that we got what he described as his breakfast we even got a bowl. Too little too late. We moved to a better venue and cheaper. He stated he could charge his prices as he was near to the airport, that was stating the obvious as he is on the flight path, so you dont need an alarm clock, flights wake you in the morning at about 6.30am. In short steer clear and shop around. This venue is a case of charge as much as you can but give as little as you can get away with...

Room Tip: demand en-suite for same money,
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank virgil5015
Thorrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Very disappointing, rooms a bit small, carpet shabby, continental breakfast it turns out is left in your fridge if remembered and is cereal and juice if you're lucky. The noise from the aircraft flying overhead is dreadful for the money asked look around there's a lot more on offer.

Room Tip: When booking and wanting breakfast ask whether it is served in a dining room or left in your fridge...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank janer18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wraysbury
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
The Stanwell Hotel
The Stanwell Hotel
#1 of 5 in Staines

Been to London Heathrow Guesthouse? Share your experiences!