Three miles off the M4 but a million miles away at the same time. We broke up a motorway journey with lunch here rather than call in at any of the ghastly 'services'. From the food to the washrooms, you can tell the owners care. After a week in Cornwall we weren't having fish so dined on homemade bread, steak and ale pie and a beautiful duck leg with haricot bean and chorizo cassoulet and wilted greens. Covered and open outdoor areas to choose from on this summer day but the inside dining room was very attractively decorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Queens Arms is ideally located just 3 miles from J14 of the M4, the corridor between London and the South West within close proximity of Hungerford (12mins), Newbury (20 mins), Marlborough & Swindon (30 mins). Heathrow is just 50 mins away. The village of East Garston is in the heart of the Valley of the Racehorse and the North Wessex Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Queens Arms has 12 ensuite rooms, with super comfy beds, fine linen, TV and super fast broad band. Features also include a friendly bar with fireplace, excellent restaurant and a covered outdoor area. The large garden is enclosed, perfect for children and dogs, all of whom are welcome. For private parties, weddings, business meetings and conventions there is The Queens Lodge, a private & exclusive venue with its own south facing enclosed terrace & garden. The Queens Arms has won Best Hotel Award for the past two years and is recommended by Sawdays and The AA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Queens Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Arms Hotel East Garston
- The Queens Arms East Garston, Berkshire