We stayed for one night in this charming rural hotel, set within a peaceful village and with a delightful beer garden where, apart from the odd car going past, the only sounds to be heard were the birds singing in the trees!
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, and throughout our stay nothing seemed too much trouble for the helpful, smiling staff. Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful; the atmosphere was relaxed, the service warm and friendly, the food first class and the wine perfect. Breakfast the next morning was excellent too.
Our bedroom was comfortable with lovely furnishings and a spacious shower room which was modern and very clean. My only complaint (and it is a very minor one) is that the room was uncomfortably warm during the night, even with the window open...a fan would have been useful!
Overall, a great place to stay and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Queens Arms is ideally located just 3 miles from J14 of the M4, the corridor between London and the South West within close proximity of Hungerford (12mins), Newbury (20 mins), Marlborough & Swindon (30 mins). Heathrow is just 50 mins away. The village of East Garston is in the heart of the Valley of the Racehorse and the North Wessex Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Queens Arms has 12 ensuite rooms, with super comfy beds, fine linen, TV and super fast broad band. Features also include a friendly bar with fireplace, excellent restaurant and a covered outdoor area. The large garden is enclosed, perfect for children and dogs, all of whom are welcome. For private parties, weddings, business meetings and conventions there is The Queens Lodge, a private & exclusive venue with its own south facing enclosed terrace & garden. The Queens Arms has won Best Hotel Award for the past two years and is recommended by Sawdays and The AA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Queens Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Arms Hotel East Garston
- The Queens Arms East Garston, Berkshire