We stayed at Queens Arms for one night on our way to Wales and I have to say I really loved it!
Our room (I think the name was Hardy) was very clean, luxurious and with a large dark purple and wonderfully decorated bathroom. The shower was one of these showers that invite you to stay under the water all day. The pub is a traditional English pub, inviting and warm with delicious and elegant food. We truly enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. There is also a nice terrace and garden. The staff is very kind and helpful. They whole atmosphere is relaxed. Our dog was more than welcomed both in the room and the pub. I found the prices of the food and dinner very fair and honestly I expected to pay a bit more for the quality of accommodation that I received, so that was a pleasant surprise!
TIP: the little village within walking distance to the hotel is very cute, with lovely thatched houses and it worths a short visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Queens Arms is ideally located just 3 miles from J14 of the M4, the corridor between London and the South West within close proximity of Hungerford (12mins), Newbury (20 mins), Marlborough & Swindon (30 mins). Heathrow is just 50 mins away. The village of East Garston is in the heart of the Valley of the Racehorse and the North Wessex Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Queens Arms has 12 ensuite rooms, with super comfy beds, fine linen, TV and super fast broad band. Features also include a friendly bar with fireplace, excellent restaurant and a covered outdoor area. The large garden is enclosed, perfect for children and dogs, all of whom are welcome. For private parties, weddings, business meetings and conventions there is The Queens Lodge, a private & exclusive venue with its own south facing enclosed terrace & garden. The Queens Arms has won Best Hotel Award for the past two years and is recommended by Sawdays and The AA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Queens Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Arms Hotel East Garston
- The Queens Arms East Garston, Berkshire