Have to say,finally,as its been approx two months since my bride and i wedded that our reception and all inclusive package to take the hotel and its rooms for the night had been a fine choice.Anyone looking for a venuse accomodating 70 odd people (sit down,120 in the evening) should seriously consider the crab for the following reasons.
Management of our arrangements by Denise the events manager before the wedding coordinating sequences and timings,management of the service for the arrival canapes ,wedding breakfast and evening buffet had also been expertly carried out without fuss and attention to detail (kids table decoration we loved).Our overall criteria had been to deliver high end memorable food and wines at a fair cost this the crab delivered on leaving all our guests with a memorable dining experience (their words) for a weddding , which i believe is rare.The quality of service had been measured discreet and smart superbly managed by Chris the reastaurant manager.The evening buffet selected by us delivered on all levels and wasn't what you would normally consider ''buffet food'' at a wedding reception.Grilled sardines,squid salads, Fatoush salad,enormous cheese selection with home made breads, etc .My Italian relatives were all seriously impressed with the high level of cooking.
I had been informed that our wedding was the first exclusive booking for the hotel which i find hard to believe considering the expert services and goods the crab has to offer.So thank you Denise,Chris and the staff at the crab for making our country themed wedding day a unforgettable one.P.S the photos of the children in the spa baths are great.
Best Paul and Sabrina.xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Berkshire countryside, The Crab & Boar is a stunning country pub with rooms offering award-winning British cuisine and 14 country-style bedrooms. Sink into one of our 14 stylish rooms and unwind in your own private corner of the Berkshire countryside. All bedrooms feature antique furnishing, luxury throws, Egyptian cotton linen, flat screen TVs, natural Bramley bath and body products and Tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have their own private hot tub. Dogs are more than welcome. The two AA Rosettes restaurant serves beautiful seafood and seasonal game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our Head Chef Tom uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients so you can expect that every plate on the Crab & Boar menu is as fresh as it can be and is expertly crafted with a passion for the local countryside. With an easy access to the M4 motoway, The Crab & Boar is located 25 minute drive away from historic Oxford, 16 minutes from Newbury Racecourse and 19 minutes from Highclere castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crab & Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crab At Chieveley Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Chieveley
- Crab & Boar Chieveley, Berkshire