Me and my partner have stayed at The Crab at Chieveley hotel every year since we have been together. We go back every year because not only are the rooms beautiful but the staff are so helpful and polite. We have stayed in the famous rooms with an outdoor hot tub and also the spa suite with the indoor spa bath. I really like the outdoor hot tubs, although outdoor they are private hidden under a little roof the hot tub is spacious for a couple but so romantic, perfect for summer but we did stay in October one year and the outdoor hot tub was still lovely as it kept us really warm. The rooms are so special as they are all different. Personally my favourite room is the bayan tree room with the indoor spa bath, the spa bath is so relaxing and the whole room was beautifully laid out and very modern it also has a very big screen tv. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is lovely and it is situated close to the centre of Newbury so there is so much to do before check in. I didnt eat in the restaurant as me and my partner both dont like seafood but i have heard positive things about the food. I have booked to go back for 2014 the rooms can be pricey but defiantly worth the investment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Berkshire countryside, The Crab & Boar is a stunning country pub with rooms offering award-winning British cuisine and 14 country-style bedrooms. Sink into one of our 14 stylish rooms and unwind in your own private corner of the Berkshire countryside. All bedrooms feature antique furnishing, luxury throws, Egyptian cotton linen, flat screen TVs, natural Bramley bath and body products and Tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have their own private hot tub. Dogs are more than welcome. The two AA Rosettes restaurant serves beautiful seafood and seasonal game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our Head Chef Tom uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients so you can expect that every plate on the Crab & Boar menu is as fresh as it can be and is expertly crafted with a passion for the local countryside. With an easy access to the M4 motoway, The Crab & Boar is located 25 minute drive away from historic Oxford, 16 minutes from Newbury Racecourse and 19 minutes from Highclere castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crab & Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crab At Chieveley Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Chieveley
- Crab & Boar Chieveley, Berkshire