Stayed midweek recently for surprise present for my husbands 65th birthday. Stayed a few years ago here but have eaten quite often. On arrival were welcomed pleasantly and taken to room it was Gleneagles. It was ok. No milk for tea someone brought up a jug when I called downstairs ok for then but not next day as no fridge drank it black. Sat in garden as very warm obviously no bar service there as no one came to offer us refreshments. Went down to dinner sat
in bar three people chatting behind bar waited no one came so I asked if the protocol was to come to them, someone appeared immediately. Food and service at dinner was very good we had seafood platter. When we went to bed we were unable to sleep as a couple were in hot tub below until 12.30. In morning I attempted to shower but only had hairspray attachment over bath.
My husband decided after watching me struggle to shower at home. No plug near mirror to dry my hair, very annoying. for the price they are charging I think it needs to improve has deteriorated since we last stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Berkshire countryside, The Crab & Boar is a stunning country pub with rooms offering award-winning British cuisine and 14 country-style bedrooms. Sink into one of our 14 stylish rooms and unwind in your own private corner of the Berkshire countryside. All bedrooms feature antique furnishing, luxury throws, Egyptian cotton linen, flat screen TVs, natural Bramley bath and body products and Tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have their own private hot tub. Dogs are more than welcome. The two AA Rosettes restaurant serves beautiful seafood and seasonal game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our Head Chef Tom uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients so you can expect that every plate on the Crab & Boar menu is as fresh as it can be and is expertly crafted with a passion for the local countryside. With an easy access to the M4 motoway, The Crab & Boar is located 25 minute drive away from historic Oxford, 16 minutes from Newbury Racecourse and 19 minutes from Highclere castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Crab & Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crab At Chieveley Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Chieveley
- Crab & Boar Chieveley, Berkshire