My husband and I took my parents to The Crab for a night away to celebrate their anniversary. We booked my parents into (I think it is) The Plantation Room which was fab, a four poster and a gorgeous huge japanese spa bath. My husband and I stayed in Treetops which was also great. There were a couple of very small problems when we checked in - namely that the champagne, choccies and flowers that I ordered were not in my parents room when we arrived, however that was soon rectified and also two glasses of champagne were sent to hubby and I as an apology.
We have stayed at The Crab before and had a great time (a friends 40th Birthday celebration), and this time was as good if not better. The food was fantastic, the front of house manager is wonderful and the evening was super.
The next morning I realised that I no longer could find my diamond Bulgari bracelet! We turned the room upside down. I called reception to see if by any chance someone had handed it in. I didn't think that it would be found as it is and looks very expensive, however, housekeeping had found it either the night before or early that morning and it was sitting safely in their lost property! Thank you to everyone at The Crab, how honest your staff are, and how grateful I am.
Just to comment on some other reviews...... the rooms are not perfect, but they are funky, fun and full of character - but you are paying from £100 to £150 per night including breakfast, and I believe that you get way more than you pay for. Everything in the rooms is very clean, and they are all styled beautifully. If you want somewhere with no character go to The Holiday Inn, if you want a charming place to stay, somewhere fun with great food, and wonderful staff - go to The Crab!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Berkshire countryside, The Crab & Boar is a stunning country pub with rooms offering award-winning British cuisine and 14 country-style bedrooms. Sink into one of our 14 stylish rooms and unwind in your own private corner of the Berkshire countryside. All bedrooms feature antique furnishing, luxury throws, Egyptian cotton linen, flat screen TVs, natural Bramley bath and body products and Tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have their own private hot tub. Dogs are more than welcome. The two AA Rosettes restaurant serves beautiful seafood and seasonal game in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our Head Chef Tom uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients so you can expect that every plate on the Crab & Boar menu is as fresh as it can be and is expertly crafted with a passion for the local countryside. With an easy access to the M4 motoway, The Crab & Boar is located 25 minute drive away from historic Oxford, 16 minutes from Newbury Racecourse and 19 minutes from Highclere castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crab & Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crab At Chieveley Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Hotel Chieveley
- The Crab Chieveley
- Crab & Boar Chieveley, Berkshire