“Our second stay at The Pines”
Review of The Pines Hotel

The Pines Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Four years ago my daughter held her Wedding Reception at The Pines and we have just returned from another four-day break there.

It was just as lovely as we remembered. Everything from the garden to the interior is very beautifully finished, but it still retains a cosy and welcoming feel.
Simon and the family are lovely, very friendly and do all they can to make your stay enjoyable.

This break brought back many memories of our daughter’s special day and also for me, how much we had enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was so kind, in particular Simon, who was kept very busy with all the organisation of the day, but found time to help us and keep us all calm!

It was lovely to return and see Simon and the family again and have a relaxing break, with good food in a place that we enjoy so much. We would not hesitate to recommend The Pines,
I am so glad my daughter found this lovely place, she couldn’t have done better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaisyJIpswich

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We booked this hotel at very short notice after deciding to split the travel to and from the Windsor Championship Dog Show over two days. Without doubt the best dog friendly hotel we have ever stayed at, immaculately turned out with incredibly friendly and helpful people. A few reasonably priced drinks on a nice patio off the bar followed by a comfortable and sound nights sleep and the bonus was that our dog was so relaxed he went on to win his class at the show!

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here for many years. Our salesmen found this years ago and it's proved to be excellent. Free parking and breakfast very good rooms and friendly. So close to slough trading estate it is fantastic. Recommended

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

First of all I must say that the hotel is lovely and if it wasn't for the owner I would be staying there on a weekly basis as well as holding business meetings there. I booked in very late one evening and arrived at 9.00pm due to the Ascot races being on and all hotels were very full. I was extremely great full and on arrival offered my credit card as is usual when booking in a hotel. The polite lady on reception declined an said we will sort that out in the morning. I changed quickly and was ageing delighted they were still serving food and I sat down to a meal and a few glasses of wine after a long day. I then stood at the bar talking with the owner for a good 30 minutes and then said I was going to go to bed as it was around 11.00pm. It was at this stage the owner said and I quote "could you pay for your room and drinks before you go to bed". I was surprised to say the least that and it was said in such away that I felt my financial credibility was in question. The owner had obviously seen I had spent more than just the room costs and started to get twitchy. I had no problem in the first place paying up front but to ask me to pay in full as I am going to bed felt like I could not be trusted. I felt so dissapointed and challenged that I felt compelled to write this comment which is the first I have ever done. I paid straight away and just politely said I feel as though you are challenging my credibility. He just smiled. In summary the hotel is fine, the staff are great but the owner gets a zero as this could have been handled in a much more polite way. I could have accepted it more if we had not had a 30 minute conversation on the importance of customer service whilst I was at the bar.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Steve G
Simon C, Owner at The Pines Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Reading a review of this nature is always a concern to myself and to the Hotel.

The Gentleman in question, booked on the evening during a very busy time. No payment details were taken on booking for the convenience of the customer.

Chance bookings usually pay either on arrival or after dinner. As the Gentleman was having dinner we decided it was better to do the bill later, rather than inconvenience the Gentleman. Due to the late check in, the customer was requested to settle the bill upon retiring.

Most of our bookings are regulars and confirmed in writing. Unfortunately this booking was not.

I regret the Gentleman felt aggrieved by how the issue of payment was handled. This was not our intention and we are reviewing our procedures accordingly.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Went to this hotel for a Ladies Night. Hadn't heard anything about this hotel so wasn't overly excited. What a surprise!! It's a little gem! Beautifully decorated, very welcoming atmosphere and then the food! Lovely meal, served on pretty matching crockery. Couldn't find fault with anything. Will certainly visit again

Room Tip: Didn't stay as we are local
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2013

What a superb, beautiful hotel. The rooms are gorgeous, the decor and attention to detail in the communal areas is so tasteful and elegant. A refreshing change from the usual chain hotels. Food, especially breakfast is excellent with the use of high quality ingredients served beautifully on Denby Imperial Blue earthenware. All in all a great location at a reasonable price. So pleased I found his place.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DomVictoria
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel is small, yet perfectly formed! Welcoming, beautiful entrance hall filled with comfy sofas. Nice dining room, country retreat feel. I could hear woodpeckers from the car park. Staff were professional, friendly and welcoming. Service was excellent. Spotlessly clean, everything sparkled.
A refreshing change from faceless hotel chains. Perfect for lone female travellers. I dined in, good menu choice. Other guests were regulars, I can see why people come back.
I stayed in room 23 ground floor, had everything I needed. Bathroom was a litte chilly but room was fab overall, bed was really comfortable. I would highly recommend and look forward to returning.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
Crowne Plaza Marlow
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to The Pines Hotel? Share your experiences!