“Fab 40th Birthday Party - Great all round Hotel”
Review of The Pines Hotel

The Pines Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Burnham, United Kingdom
“Fab 40th Birthday Party - Great all round Hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Party Feb 2014:
After visiting a couple of venues, once I stepped inside The Pines I knew this was where I wanted my party. We live very local and had never actually been to the hotel.
I wanted somewhere my guests & I would remember, and this is what I got.
From initial contact with Simon to saying thanks and bye the next morning I cannot fault their service. Before the party, I put gifts in the rooms, so I got to have a look round most, and they were all of a lovely standard and all slightly different.
The Hotel only opens at weekends for exclusive use as long as you book a minimum number of bedrooms, this for me was a key point. With lots of friends and family coming some distance it was lovely to have us all stay overnight and enjoy breakfast the next day. We had lots of children in the evening and again it was wonderful that they could enjoy the space of the hotel, not get bored sat in the same room as everyone else and be safe and not disturb any other residents.
The food was great both the evening buffet and breakfast the next morning. Simon was a great host on the night taking my gifts and putting them away safely and the bar staff were lovely about staying up till 2:45am to serve us a last tipple.
I loved the open plan of the hotel so we could spread out and for those not wanting to dance to the DJ, they are able to sit somewhere slightly quieter and chat.
My kids loved the resident cat & dog too.
I got so many wonderful comments about the choice of venue, many saying it was like having a great party in a lovely, cosy house, this again helped by the fact we had sole use of the whole hotel.
I would recommend this venue to anyone, and in fact my husband & I would love to go back for our special wedding anniversary in a few years time, but this time it will be in the summer where we can make use of the lovely garden and maybe the outdoor pool !
We will be going back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Seahorse001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We held the WMx group annual dinner and awards evening at The Pines Hotel. The food was excellent and the service faultless. We were made welcome from the moment we arrived till the moment we left. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hugh J
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My dad celebrated his 90th birthday at The Pines in January 2014 along with 70 other guests. The attention to detail, food and overall service was superb. Everyone had a wonderful time - I can't recommend the hotel enough - a hidden gem.

Room Tip: This was an afternoon celebration so no-one stayed
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosemary L
Poynton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Excellent Country House Hotel, close to M4/M40/A4 and Slough Industrial estate. Home from Home;
Great Food : Dinner & Bfast. Refurbished rooms; free WiFi; free car park; real ale.
I would recommend this hotel for Business and pleasure; even a romantic weekend away!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lawrence B
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at the Pines on business several times and can highly recommend it. As a lone female traveller I was warmly welcomed and enjoyed my stay. Bed Room 5 is beautiful, food excellent, hotel staff very friendly, very reasonable B&B rate, very relaxed and stylish hotel and felt comfortable eating alone in the bar which I would never do in large impersonal hotels. Lovely gardens aswell to sit outside and have dinner in summer which I have done. Would stay again.!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MBH40
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed in The Pines on the recommendation of a Client and found the rooms very comfortable and the hotel in general was spotlessly clean.

The only downside was slow dinner service, but this was made up for by the food. The breakfast the following morning was speedy and excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BRDave
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A lovely setting, tastefully furnished with a relaxing atmosphere.The staff and Simon were extremely obliging and ensured all ages and requirements were completely satisfied. The food served was freshly prepared and well presented. A very professional and caring team helped to ensure this occasion was a success.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tim H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
The Thames Riviera Hotel
The Thames Riviera Hotel
#8 of 11 in Maidenhead

Been to The Pines Hotel? Share your experiences!