“not impressed at all”

Burnham Beeches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for my Nieces Wedding in August 2013, found the room was not worth the money and electric fan caked with an inch of dust and dirt, also kitchen staff very rude really not impressed at all. And some of our party staying in other rooms were woken the next morning by cleaning staff saying they should be out by now, when everyone were staying for the wedding breakfast :(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I am concerned that perhaps this review has been posted to the wrong hotel.
Burnham Beeches Hotel does not feature electric fans in any of the bedrooms, and our housekeeping team do not start cleaning bedrooms until after breakfast time. They certainly would never disturb an occupied room. Similarly, our guests do not have access to the kitchens and would therefore not have any interaction with our kitchen staff.
I would be very concerned should this review be for Burnham Beeches, as we always receive exceptional feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and our fantastic team, particularly from our wedding parties.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We attended a wedding reception at the Burnham Beeches Hotel on the 5th April. We stayed for two nights and I have to say it was one of the best weekends I have ever stayed in a hotel. Everything was perfect, the room we stayed in and all the staff were excellent, nothing was to much trouble.

The reception meal was excellent, the next morning breakfast the same. We also had an excellent meal on the Sunday evening.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell all the rooms were excellent. We were on the third floor where it was very qu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sue S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, and so pleased that we could make your weekend so perfect.
We are a popular Buckinghamshire Wedding Venue and I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your room, the team, and the food during the wedding and throughout your stay.
Thank you for your recommendation, we hope to welcome you back to Burnham Beeches Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the burnham beeches over Easter and had a great time and would definitely return. The pool area was spotlessly clean and most of the time we had it to ourselves. The food was absolutely fabulous and I even got my 12 year old to eat the spinach soup which she loved - a miracle!!! Rooms were very clean and comfortable and bath robes and slippers great for popping to pool. Overall an excellent relaxing stay. Just what we were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Holiday13swest

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review.
I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Easter break, and how relaxing you found the hotel, particularly our leisure facilities.
We are very proud of our food here at Burnham Beeches and it is great to hear that our menus feature something for everybody!
Your lovely comments have been passed on to all departments and we hope you will visit the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family stayed for two nights if you have the possibility to stay you must the grounds are beautiful the staff are so helpful and children are welcomed. The food is good and the hotel has plenty of space to relax. Yes I agree the hotel does need updating and unfortunately we were only able to use the swimming pool once as the other time it had been closed. My suggestion would be better signpost is needed when travelling by car and more facilities for kids. I enjoyed my stay with my family and again the staff are extremely accommodating. We used a groupon voucher.
Yolanda

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Iolanda V
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and had such a relaxing break.
We have taken on your feedback and hope you will visit again soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Let me start by saying the staff here are fantastic, everyone we met over a period of 4 days were polite, friendly and extremely attentive!

The whole place looks spectacular from the outside but the rooms could do with some modernisation, I was in a Superior Double (I think) but I failed to find the superiority with the room... Shower was a disappointment too, fixed to the wall :(

Breakfast was nice with a wide choice and great sausages, lunch and dinner was another let down, the silver service simply felt tacky especially when the food was revealed, dry and tasteless.

The hotel does offer free wifi throughout however you will be lucky to get connected as the quality is shocking.

We will not be returning to this place again and for the price there are much better hotels in the Bucks area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The service in this hotel is second to none. I am now a regular guest and really enjoy staying here. It's a beautiful building with great facilities not the most modern hotel in the world but for comfort whilst away on business it is perfect.

I normally don't eat dinner in hotels but the food here is brilliant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fraser C

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review!
We are always so pleased to welcome back our regular guests and it is lovely to hear how much you have been enjoying your stays at the hotel. We aim to be a home from home for our business travelers and it’s great that this is the case.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Finding the hotel no problem. First impressions..... Fantastic. Check-in was easy. Room very average and quite small certainly not 4 star and the bathroom could of been cleaner. The sink was indeed quite dirty. The Restaurant was expensive, although the food I ordered was very nice and the staff were very professional and polite.

The problems started when I returned to my room just after 9pm having had a day consisting of a 4 hour journey by car to an important business meeting which lasted 6 hours (now looking forward to an early night) only to find there is some kind of party going on right outside my window with loud guests laughing away and talking very loudly. These guests obviously greasing their voices with more and more alcohol ensuring that they got louder and louder and of course running up large bills that the hotel will only be too glad to see paid.

I had tried reading but the noise was so bad I was struggling to even concentrate on the book. At 10:45pm I telephoned reception to complain about the noise, but the receptionist was very dismissive and was not interested at all. It was quite clear to me I was a problem that she did not want to deal with. The silly thing is that the noise was being made right next to reception area so it should of been of no surprise. At no point did anyone from the hotel explain there might be some noise later or offer to move me to another room.

I expected to have a peaceful stay at the hotel but instead did not finally get to sleep until after midnight. It would seem to me that the functions this hotel holds need to be away from other paying guests who would just like to get a good nights sleep. It is unacceptable and I'd of received better treatment with a good night guarantee at Premier Inn.

Unfortunately I have now noticed on my bill that I have been double charged for drinks as well. Overall I don't think I'll be making a recommendation to colleagues.

It's probably ok some of the time but you might want to check what events and functions are being held before booking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham

Been to Burnham Beeches Hotel? Share your experiences!