“Better to be a groom or a bride, rather then a mainland tourist” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burnham Beeches Hotel

Burnham Beeches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Genoa, Italy
“Better to be a groom or a bride, rather then a mainland tourist”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Executive rooms, booked on Hotel.com, reveiled to be not as nice as were shown in the pictures. Tapestries, furnishing and fabrics were infact going old and the space was not as large as we expected. The bathroom had room enough but the basin size was ridicolous. Fortunately the room was in a separate modern building and we were only partially bothered by the three loudy wedding parties and a business event, hosted at the hotel during the stay.
Lobby, bar, parking, gardens, all ok (certainly over the average, but not during the four different events, when they often appeared to be crowded and noisy).
The boiling room was off sefveral times (no showers in the morining and the swimming pool water freezing), the lift wasn't working, nearly no soap or shampoo and conditioner changes during the week.
We just had two chances to eat dinner at the local restaurant since we were told not to be "full board guests" (quite impossible finding another place around), but once we finally had the chance to try, we found that food was good and the staff lovely. Breakfast was ok too.
The main disappoint was for the staff working at the reception, who did not make us feeling welcome in hotel and disillusioned all our expectations.
Eventually we sadly left, sometimes in advance, heading to heathrow and eaging to be back home and rest.

Room Tip: Choose a room or a suite in the back side of the old part of the hotel Be a "full board guest...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Bucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here recently for a wedding, and whilst the wedding itself was lovely and the venue as a whole was beautiful, I was very grateful of the discounted rate we received.

We were booked into one of the Executive Rooms, which includes air conditioning (not something that comes as standard with this hotel due to it's status as a listed building), but that does come at a price. We were told that the room would usually cost in excess of £250 for the night. If that had been the case, I would have wanted a refund as the standard of the room didn't demand that sort of price. That's not to say that there was anything wrong with the room, but I would say the £99 rate (including breakfast) was more than adequate. And, the fact that they can offer that rate suggests that you'd be a fool to pay full price at all!

Prices for drinks were equally shocking - I walked away from the bar after buying 4 diets cokes and felt as though I'd been robbed - I handed over a ten pound note and got pennies as change!

The breakfast the following morning was another disappointment. This was included in our rate, but would usually cost £17.95. For that price, I was disappointed to find that it was buffet style, and even more frustrated to discover that very little of the "hot" food was actually hot. In the end, I resorted to asking for a poached egg so that I could be sure I ate something that was hot!

This isn't the first time we've stayed at this hotel - the first time being 8 years ago. I had hoped that there would've been some improvements, but sadly not.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsBernie
York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Room was lovely, but we were placed in the middle of a wedding party and above their drinks terrace. Incredibly disturbing and so easily avoided. Food was beautiful, service in restaurant great. Overall disappointed though, did not feel welcome or valued in hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MonkeyMumfords
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed one night (Secret Escapes deal) en route to LGW. Dinner included in the deal, but horrified next morning by price of drinks etc. Rooms in extension not as nice as old part where I used to stay in the 70s, but would go there again at the right price!

Room Tip: Try and get into one of the larger rooms in the old part of the hotel
1 Thank Paul-Gwyn
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I spent one night here the grounds were pleasant we sat out on a sunny afternoon on the lovely lawn at front of hotel the room exceeded our expectations and was good value for money the location is tucked away in a lane but close to burnham and slough staff were pleasant a very nice experience

Room Tip: I would say front overlooking lawn
1 Thank nomorespain
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review.
I am thrilled to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay here, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the great weather in our beautiful grounds. I am also pleased to hear that you felt it was good value for money.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Kindest Regards,
Ealing, London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Attended Saturday 14th June for a friends wedding - the hotel is set in a beautiful spot and has fantastic surroundings. I booked a single room which was extremely comfortable, but, hot - yes, it was a warm day, but I think perhaps more should be done to get a handle on this as reading prior reviews, I'm not the first to comment on this.

But, do not let this distract on the quality of the hotel. Room was lovely and had everything I wanted (including a table top fan). Room was very well presented and I had no complaints. It was front facing with lovely views over the main lawn. Food was very good and I was very impressed with the service given by the staff. The wedding went off without a hitch and the attentiveness and professionalism of the team working there is impressive. Would I go back ? Definitely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guy E
Kate G, Sales & Marketing Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely review.
We are a very popular Buckinghamshire wedding venue and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the occasion.
I have taken on board your comments regarding the temperature in the room, thank you for your feedback.
I am so pleased to hear that our fantastic team and food have impressed, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!
Kind Regards,
Leven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for one night and wish it could have been more. Excellent service especially from the bar and restaurant staff, they couldn't be more attentive but I think my excellent comes from my evening meal - each of the courses was like "art on a plate" - delicious!

2 Thank Marlynn H
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much- what a fantastic review!
I am extremely happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were so well looked after by our wonderful team. Your feedback will certainly be passed on; particularly to the kitchen team who I’m sure will be delighted! We are very proud of the menus on offer here at Burnham Beeches and hope you will visit again soon to sample more of what we have to offer.
Kind Regards,
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
#2 of 2 in Taplow
Hartwell House
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell

Been to Burnham Beeches Hotel? Share your experiences!