“Lovely staff”

Burnham Beeches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for one night when going to a wedding at a nearby hotel. Friends and I had some drinks on the really nice lawn whilst waiting for another friend to arrive and then after the wedding we sat in the bar for a while to have some nightcaps. The staff members we encountered were noticeably helpful and friendly, particularly the guy who served us late in the bar.

I had an executive room in the new part and was very glad of the air conditioning because it was as hot as the other reviews suggest. The room was lovely though and I found the bed very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the very civilised midday check out time.

I probably won't have many reasons to need a hotel in this area in the future but if I did then I would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Jon P, General Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are a popular Buckinghamshire wedding venue, but also ideally located to provide bedrooms for other nearby venues. We are pleased you chose to stay at Burnham Beeches hotel, and that you had the chance to make the most of our beautiful grounds in the lovely weather.
It is also great to hear that you found our team to be helpful and friendly, and that you enjoyed your Executive bedroom.
Many thanks once again, we hope to welcome you back to the hotel should you ever be in the area again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We got married at Burnham Beeches Hotel in July this year. What can I say, the staff at the hotel were incredible. They assisted us wherever needed, from allowing us to use a conference room to prepare the night before to bringing water up to our room, and Rebecca especially has been so incredibly helpful with planning the day. She was there for every single question I thought of. She responded quickly and professionally to every email. The venue itself was perfect. Such a lovely lawn where myself and my bridesmaids enjoyed afternoon tea the evening before, the rooms were beautiful and the Windsor suite, where we were married and also had our reception was perfect. We also saw Emma for manicures and pedicures
The day before and she was so friendly and professional. I could not be happier with our decision to get married at this wonderful hotel. I hope to go back again soon and I will reminisce about the most perfect day of my life.
- Ellie Foster

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review, and congratulations on your recent wedding!
I am so delighted to hear how perfect your wedding day was, and it certainly sounds like you made the most of our facilities during your stay! Rebecca and the whole team agree it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed with two children (5&7) and other family for a wedding nearby. The atmosphere was relaxed and service was excellent - we stayed in the newer annex close to the nice leisure facilities and the family room was superb with A/C (hot weather so really appreciated). Food beautiful. Usual hotel prices - but to be expected and level of service would suggest a higher total bill than we received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ClickClick555

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family so enjoyed your recent stay at Burnham Beeches Hotel. I am always thrilled to hear such fantastic feedback about the food and service provided, and very pleased that you had the chance to enjoy the leisure facilities.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel mid week for one night as an Anniversary celebration. In the past we have stayed in other hotels which cater for weddings, and experienced problems with noise. This was not a problem mid week, it was a very relaxing environment, but think inevitable noise may be a problem with a wedding/ celebration taking place. The staff were professional, polite and welcoming. We were offered an upgrade to honeymoon suite but decided to opt for a room with air conditioning. The room was clean and comfortable although we did expect a King size bed, as is usual in most superior rooms, it was a little smaller, not a problem but think it could well be for larger couples. Evening meal good. Breakfast excellent. Would recommend the hotel which is in a lovely location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jane W

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, and Happy Anniversary! I am so pleased you chose to stay at Burnham Beeches for such a special occasion.food during your stay.
We are a popular Buckinghamshire wedding venue, but very rarely experience noise issues with our guests, and are pleased to hear that your stay was not affected. As always, I am thrilled to hear such wonderful feedback about the service provided by our team, and that you enjoyed your
We hope to welcome you back to Burnham Beeches Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent service and the upkeep of the grounds is top quality. The room was amazing but lacked air conditioning which meant it was too hot to sleep comfortably. A fan was provided but was noisy so not ideal.

The chicken Caesar salad nice and used good quality ingredients but was expensive for what it was. The breakfast however was amazing and could not be faulted!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iwantdecentfood

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you so enjoyed the hotel’s grounds and your room. Our executive bedrooms are fully air conditioned – I am sorry to hear that the fan in your Classic Room was a little too noisy. It is always great to hear such wonderful feedback about the food, and we hope you will visit again soon to sample more of what we have to offer!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had are wedding @ Burnham beeches and couldn't of been happier with the hotel and the staff. Rebecca the hotel wedding planner was professional and very helpful any questions or problems were sorted in a timely manner. The whole day was amazing and the wedding package was good value for money. My wife and I would recommend burnham beeches for weddings or a night away and we will for sure defiantly make a return visit. Mr and Mrs Ravenscroft

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Marc R

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and congratulations on your recent wedding!
On behalf of Rebecca and the team, we would like to say what a pleasure it was working on your special day, and we are truly delighted that it was everything you hoped it would be.
We very much look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Last minute booking for nearby work related visit.

Pulling up to the hotel exterior and grounds look quite nice. Enter the shabby lobby - inattentive, amateur receptionist, no offer of help to carry bags. Walk through some doors up two flights of stairs which have old, much in need of changing carpet. Standard room quite small, outdated furniture and very stuffy - don't expect water or a minibar! Bathroom - horrid shower curtain, broken elements, probably the fastest shower I've had. Air conditioning is only available in executive rooms - had a look at this room after being very disappointed in the standard room and although it was larger and with air con it still left a lot to be desired.

Swimming pool equally shabby and small - makes a school swimming pool look like luxury in comparison. Gym is actually a tiny room with all round mirrors to make it look larger, a couple of treadmills and a multi gym. Needless to say after a glance in this "leisure area" I did not return.

After returning from business in the evening after a quick change - my aim was to spend minimum time inside this establishment, so we did not dine here.

The only good thing were the housekeeping staff who were professional and pleasant plus the free wifi

Nonetheless at 120pounds per night, you'd probably pay half and have a better stay in the nearby Ibis hotel, or a quaint country inn.

Avoid

Room Tip: none - although executive rooms are larger and have air con
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jon P, General Manager at Burnham Beeches Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay at the Burnham Beeches Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

As a result of your feedback we have implemented extra training to ensure a smooth quick check in but also to ensure you receive the relevant information regarding the hotel and its facilities. I am sorry that you felt the bedroom was outdated and can assure you these will be given a makeover in the near future. We have recently invested heavily in new cooling systems for our standard bedrooms.

Following your review a full investigation has been carried out to address the points you have raised and will be used to continue our process of improving the standard of our product and service we offer to our guests.

I am delighted that you were impressed with our housekeeping team and I have passed on your kind comments.

I take your feedback extremely seriously and would welcome further information regarding your stay. Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me a call to discuss further the issues raised. If you would like to do so then please contact me on 02628 600151.

Once again thank you for taking time out to write a review and I do hope I can discuss the issues raised in finer detail.

Kindest regards

Jon Potts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Grovefield House
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
Crowne Plaza Marlow
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Burnham Beeches Hotel? Share your experiences!