“Great value”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
swindon
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for one night in September on the Autumn break deal ( dinner,bed and breakfast with Prosecco and canopes before dinner ) The room was a good size and nicely decorated with a garden view, the canopes were tasty, as was the Prosecco and the three course meal was very good, both in menu choice and quality. The staff both in the main hotel and the restaurant were very polite, friendly and efficient. No complaints. The Autumn break deal was excellent value - I was waiting for the catch and there simply wasn't one! I would definitely recommend this place and would be very happy to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and I do hope that we see you again in the near future.
kindest regards
Emma Beddall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 for my birthday weekend and had a very comfortable room, good size and an enjoyable breakfast in the morning.

The location was ideal and the car park was a good size.

It's ideal for a wedding or party.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ibodge
Thank you for taking the time to write and I am delighted that you have a good time and we hope to see you in the future.
regards
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had my 80th birthday celebration with family and friends - I had so many comments from them
praising the whole package - everything was perfect and the staff on duty that evening went out of their way to help make it a wonderful happy memory.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlenebirthday
Thank you for your lovely comments and I am delighted you all enjoyed yourselves.
kindest rgards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

two mature couples spent last Saturday night on the Romantics deal - £165 per couple de luxe room with table de hote dinner, breakfast, champagne and chocolates (4 pieces) in room, free Sunday paper, use of bath robes and complimentary hotel slippers (you know the sort)

the hotel is nicely positioned with good parking = we had rooms 112 and 106: 112 was twice the size of 106 and had a bathroom big enough to hold a cocktail party

there was a wedding in the hotel which caused us no inconvenience other than a few noisy guests sometime after midnight both in the corridors and outside in the grounds

dining room was around 50% full for dinner - the menu choices (though not necessarily to my personal taste (would have loved some pate and some lamb and a chocolate fondant as the sample menu send to us) were good and changes to one of the desserts for two of our party were done with no issue and with the addition of ice cream;: a cheese selection with fruit and biscuits was also offered as an alternative to dessert. The young (22 year old) male staff member who dealt with our wine (bottles from £19.50) and food orders told us there were no jugs for tap water due to the wedding but then only charged us for one of the three bottles of mineral water we had - nice touch along with the glass of champagne for each of the party when we were asked the reason for our stay.
Ok some of the paintwork is a bit chipped and needs attention as does some of the carpets but you would be very picky to complain about this when the rooms were clean and warm - didnt check the tv for satellite channels as we only had BBC1 on Sunday morning.
Bathrooms perfectly adequate though a bit diffiicult to get a not too hot not too cold temp in the shower - as this was a special night for us something a bit more luxurious would have been nice but now Im getting very picky (arent I!)
Breakfast was excellent with many varities of fresh fruit and hot items cooked to order - good quality bacon and my friend enjoyed her haddock: no idea if the kippers were whole or frozen.pre packed fillets: good coffee
we booked this deal direct with the hotel - not a voucher system : sure the hotel is full many weekends due to the wedding trade
we made our choice based on price and location (only 32 miles from London) and were overall pleased with our choice

Room Tip: 112 was twice the size of 106 - didnt see inside any other rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send such detailed feedback and all of the comments we receive are taken very seriously and I am especially very happy to read that you enjoyed yourselves and will be comming back to us.
Kindest regards

Solihull
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I booked for myself and 7 girl friends to celebrate my 60th Birthday. Two nights bed, breakfast and evening meal it was just wonderful, the welcome, the food, the service and the rooms. The beds are very comfortable the best I've slept in for a long time in hotels. The hotel is so close to Windsor which is a lovely town with everything so compact, the Castle, the Shops and the Theatre all within easy reach of each other. Excellent value, would highly recommend it and hopefully will return myself.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing the gardens have French windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your really wonderful feedback and we certainly hope to see you all again in the near future.
Happy Birthday
Emma Beddall and the Grovefield Team
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here attending a family golden wedding celebration. The meal was very good and well above average for the usual catering for over 70 people. Only disappointment for me was the lack of real ale. Room was adequate but a bit on the small side. Breakfast the following day was the usual buffet with the hot cooked to order, black pudding was cut in a small piece. My wife and I decided to go for a walk the following morning and were forced to cut it short due to lack of pavements and motorists who passed far too close at high speed. Overall, a pleasant weekend and we would return

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write with regards to your recent experience here at Grovefield and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time and will pass on your comments to the team. I will also look into the possibility of real ale for us.
Many thanks
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good location with Huntswood Golf course opposite and fishing facility near hotel as they can park in hotel car park in the front and walk through. Seems very popular.
Rooms are nice and spacous, comfortable.
Hotel in large ground but except in front garden that was done very pretty (for weddings),the rest is just a vast piece of ground with trees bordering the perimeter, could have been amazing with such a lot of ground to work with.
Nice cosy lounge and bar to have drinks before dinner. Except the beverage/restaurant manager who was professional, the other staff seemed to be happy to stand around and not been trained up properly.
However, the food standard was high and very reasonablely priced which made up for the service.
On the whole, very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie F
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and the hotel itself and I will certainly meet with our F & B team to discuss some additional training to the team.
Thank you again and I hope we will see you in the future.

Regards

Emma Beddall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!