“Amazing Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had our wedding here on the 16th of November and I don't even know where to begin I can not begin to explain how happy we were with The service we recieved at Grovefield House on the best day of our lives.
The food was lovely, the meal was lovely and everyone enjoyed it, the hog roast was also cooked to perfection, The rooms are nice and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful but what stood out most of all were the staff. They were absolutely fantastic, so warm and welcoming and done everything they could do to make our day so so special. With the wedding planning Stacey and Kelly were very helpful and answered any questions we had. I also stayed the night before the wedding and was surprised to see when I came down at 7am the huntswood room was already set up for the meal and looking brilliant. Every single member of staff was so friendly and helpful and Lindsay in particular was a huge help - I can't thank her enough! Thank you so much to everyone who helped make our day so special!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Congratulations ! I am so pleased for you that everything was just how you wanted it to be and that we looked after you all so well. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you all again in the not too distant future.

Emma Beddall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently used the Grovefield House Hotel for my company event 'The Great Gatsby', the event was for approximately 60 people and the hotel provided the venue, decorations, food and drink. I have to say their help and organisation for such an event was fantastic! Emma Bedall the GM understood exactly what I required and the event ran smoothly throughout. The staff at the hotel are extremely helpful, professional and were a great support that evening.

The event raised a large amount of money for charity and this would not have been possible without the hotel's help.

I would have no hesitation in using the venue again.

Lorraine Sellwood

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for such lovely feedback. It is easy for us to get everything right when it is organised so brilliantly by yourself. These events are always such good fun and full of surprises, and of coursr raise lots of money for the foundation, so lets do lots more.

Kindest regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We attended a close friends wedding here and it was lovely. The staff were warm and welcoming and the food for en mass catering was excellent, piping hot and well cooked. The selection of rooms was great and whole property's décor is very nice. The rooms were well equipped and the setting just lovely. A perfect place for a wedding!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted to read that you found everything comfortable and had a great stay, especially for such an ocassion as a wedding. I hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you all again soon.
Burghfield Common, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

From the moment we stepped foot into the gated car park at the Grovefield we knew we were going to marry there and I am so glad we did. The staff are simply nothing short of amazing, all throughout the planning they were on hand with advice and support and I was singing their praises to everyone I spoke to about it, however, on the day itself, they really pulled out all the stops. I have to give special thanks to Lindsey and Stacey. Lindsey was with me all day, she ensured I had nothing to worry about other than making it down the aisle (which I did). I dont' recall the exact time that Lindsey left but I know it was fairly late in the evening so it was a long day for her and my god did she earn her crust that day - Grovefield, give that woman a substantial payrise!! My husband thanked all the staff in his speech which was a late addition to the speech itself but we both felt it neccessary to express our thanks and many of our guests have commented how fabulous they all were. We couldn't have asked for anything more from them and I cannot recommend them highly enough, if I could give them more stars I would as 5 is simply not enough. Our wedding day was the most amazing day of our lives and a huge part of that is because of the staff at the Grovefield so if you're reading this - thank you once again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were lovely, good sizes, family rooms are also a great option, Bridal suite was qui...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Congratulations ! I am so pleased that you had the day you dreamed of and that everything was just how you wanted it to be. I sincerely hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.
Burnham
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My mother was made to feel very special, the staff and food was excellent. Everything i asked for from food to set-up was done to a very high stranded.
Family and friends are still talking about the afternoon which is all good.
I would use the hotel again for any family event.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We are all really pleased that your mum and guests had a lovely time. We certainly like to make a fuss of special celebrations and I hope that it will not be too long before we see you all again.
regards
London
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been to many weddings in various Hotel style venues, some even abroad and I have just attended my youngest Daughters wedding here at the Grovefield. The friendly welcome from the moment we entered the Hotel which is a splendid country house formerly owned by the Fullers Brewery family on the Friday afternoon to leaving on Sunday we were looked after like Royalty, especially the Bride. the family and also the friends were all attended to in a polite and friendly manner, no matter what the request it was sorted easily and without fuss. Throughout the weekend and the BIG day itself we could not have been made more comfortable and if you looked around there was always someone in attendance. I should mention Lindsey (hope I spelt it right) who should receive not only a special mention but be awarded a medal for her patience and dedication to the weekend, she was so integral to making the day so special and she earned her pay, it should be doubled! Their wedding packages are varied to suit all budgets and the attention to the detail, the colours, the music and of course the food was top class, the room which was ours all day was laid out perfectly, the photo location on our own the patio was beautiful and I felt relaxed and comfortable that all was going well and the Bride and Groom were made to feel so very special on the day.
Now to the Hotel itself, the rooms are spacious with good size comfortable beds and bathrooms, the outlook onto the grounds from the many, rooms I visited throughout the weekend was of peace and tranquillity and quietness. I would not hesitate in recommending the Grovefield to anyone, in fact I have just done so to some of my colleagues who asked how the weekend went, I can only give it full marks.
This place has got all the parts of the jigsaw in position, even a chat with the Chef on the evening before was relaxed and comforting, the Hotel is kept very clean, the front desk is polite and patient and all of my friends and family who stayed have been very complimentary about the quality, price and the excellent service. I forgot to mention the Breakfasts (WOW best sausage ever fact!).
If you are ever looking for a quiet getaway at a brilliant price with excellent service close to so many iconic places then give this one a try, you will not be disappointed. John and Jenny 50 somethings on a wedding weekend with friends and family.

Room Tip: Good views all round, some have large wet rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for some of the nicest comments we have ever had. I am honestly so pleased that you all had such a wonderful day. We do hope that we will see at least some of you in the very near future, but in the mean time I wish you all, all the very best.

swindon
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for one night in September on the Autumn break deal ( dinner,bed and breakfast with Prosecco and canopes before dinner ) The room was a good size and nicely decorated with a garden view, the canopes were tasty, as was the Prosecco and the three course meal was very good, both in menu choice and quality. The staff both in the main hotel and the restaurant were very polite, friendly and efficient. No complaints. The Autumn break deal was excellent value - I was waiting for the catch and there simply wasn't one! I would definitely recommend this place and would be very happy to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and I do hope that we see you again in the near future.
Emma Beddall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 18 in Windsor
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!