“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Grovefield House

Grovefield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our second stay at this beautiful country house hotel and again we were not disappointed! The building and grounds are beautiful and all the staff very friendly and helpful. It was my sister in laws 50th birthday and we booked it as a surprise for her - our rooms were amazing, very clean and spacious and well looked after with glorious views of the gardens. Dinner was delicious, very good value and a good choice of dishes, meat, fish and vegetarian options. The staff made, not just my sister in law, but us all feel very welcome and valued, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a wonderful weekend, we will definately return!

Room Tip: Rooms with the bay window are particularly spacious
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write.
I am really pleased to read that you all had such a lovely time with us and everything for the party went according to plan.
I hope we will see you all again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked this hotel for a quiet escape, the hotel is well situated for visiting Windsor and the surrounding area, we had a good sized clean room with a garden outlook. The garden is full of interesting birds to look at and as a keen nature watcher this was ideal. The hotel is ideal for couples and the restaurant nice and peaceful with a nice outlook to the garden. The food was good but the menus should have varied from one night to the next and a few more vegetables would not go a miss. But all in all a very nice place to stay if you are looking for a peaceful romantic weekend. We found the staff pleasant and helpful from booking a room with specific requests to finding out opening times of local attractions. We will be returning again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write.
I am pleasd to read that you had a lovely relaxing break and I will see chef with regards to your feedback on menu changes for the future as these are currently changed weekly.
Thank you again I look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Best wushes

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Grovefield was selected by our son and daughter in law as their wedding venue.
We had never experienced a civil ceremony in a hotel before, but needn't have worried - the whole weekend passed fantastically, and was really summed up by one guest's comments - 'I feel I have attended a genuine wedding'
Of course many of the details were planned by our son and D-I-L, but the whole was carried by a team of staff who were wonderful - organised, good humoured, efficient , a sense of humour - and with superb food and attention to detail. They were genuinely concerned that we were having a positive experience, from the concern of the receptionist when we arrived that she could find us other less flooded routes to navigate around the hotel over the weekend, to the accurately itemised account when we left - all contributed to a wedding that was a jewel in every way.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor with a room facing over the meadow - a good choice, though the words 'p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 March 2014

Firstly, congratulations and I hope you have now had time to relax after your son's wedding. I am very pleased to read your wonderful feedback and that everyone enjoyed themselves. I know that my reception team did spent a lot of time that weekend assisting in travel arrangements for guests visitng us with the horrid weather everyone has experienced.
I hope we will see you all again soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I really don't know what happened - we have stayed at Grovefield before, to confirm our decision to have it as the preferred hotel for our wedding guests, and we had a very nice stay. Unfortunately,we had so many complaints from various guests while we were there that in the end we regretted our choice.

The hotel itself is very nice, the rooms are comfortable and the food in the restaurant is really good and offers excellent value for money. The waiting staff are also pleasant and try their best although they are not the world's most efficient, and we found the housekeeping to be very good too. All of that unfortunately is let down by really poor service from the bar staff and the reception team. With the exception of one lovely young girl, they were just not up to standard. I had guests charged twice for their rooms, multiple complaints about attitude from the same member of staff, many complaints about ordered items never arriving, tables never being cleared etc. It was like we were a nuisance and in the end felt quite unwelcome. How embarrassing!
Needless to say we won't be returning. Hopefully something will be done about this problem and soon because it IS a nice property and the restaurant is promising.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank restaurantlover52
Management response:Responded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, but I am sorry that this was not a pleasant experience and I can assure you that I have investigated these situations and have addressed accordingly. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to re store your faith in Grovefield House.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel twice in January for two separate visits: first to attend a wedding, and then, because we enjoyed the first visit so much, we went back on a business trip. The hotel is quite small - about 40 rooms - and beautifully situated near a large park and on lovely gardens. In fact, it's easy to forget how well located this is to Slough and Heathrow. It took us about 15 minutes to drive from Heathrow T5 to the hotel. Burnham is 2 minutes drive away (difficult to walk due to a lack of pavement on the road to the hotel) and has pubs and restaurants. However, there is no need to leave the hotel for food - the food is great at the hotel, and the lounge bar menu is excellent value. The hotel reportedly had a complete renovation recently. The rooms are very nicely furnished with extraordinarily comfortable beds (slightly on the firm side, perfect for us). Only two small things with the rooms: (1) the showers are good and hot, but not the most powerful showers and (2) the doors to the rooms slam quite loudly, it would be great if they could do something about this in the future. Other reviewers have also commented on the windows in the rooms - I agree that a nice-to-have would be to have some type of window covering to offer privacy but light through the window. However, none of these were major issues as far as we were concerned. Overall, even though the property has been recently renovated, it is starting to show some very minor wear, and hopefully the management of the hotel will stay on top of maintaining this beautiful property to a high specification. Can't finish a review of this hotel, though, without mentioning the excellent service. This hotel won us over with the quality of their staff. From the time you arrive, the team treats you like one of the family. Highly recommended after two delightful stays, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel, the food and service and we very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
With kindest regards

Reviewed 23 January 2014

For the second year in a row, I am staying at this hotel for a business conference.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed, complete with free wifi.
We have had dinner, breakfast and a buffet lunch - all were excellent, with fine food served well. The waiting staff, headed up by Stuart are very attentive, and the staff at reception could not be more helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and especially that you found the team here willing and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you back in 2014.

Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I went to the Grovefield for the Christmas afternoon tea with my family and we all really enjoyed it. There was a large selection of tasty sandwiches and cakes, the Christmas cake was especially good! No shortage of tea, the teapots were replaced with fresh ones as soon as they ran out and the service was very good and attentive.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise C
Management response:Responded 20 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write.
I am delighted that you enjoyed Grovefield offerings and I hope we will see you again soon.
regards
Emma Beddall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!