“Amazing ”

Grovefield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
“Amazing ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding day here on 30th May. Everything was perfect, staff are brilliant and food was just delicious. Rooms down stairs a quite hot but staff got extra fans without a problem for us. Stacey and the staff made our day just perfect an I would recommend this place to anyone for a wedding or even just for a dinner date.
I would definitely be returning for dinner and afternoon tea very soon. Thank u all so much best day of our life.
Looking forward to coming back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jade F
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Congratulations !! I am delighted that everything was just as you wished for and I know that Stacey and everyone in the team were also very pleased with the day. We do hope to see you again soon and thank you for such lovely feedback

Emma Beddall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

i havn't stayed at this hotel but attended my nephew and his new brides wedding their i just wanted to say how special the whole day was but i would like to say a big well done to imad for the wonderful delicious food we were served from the starter through the main course and to the yummy dessert to finish i know he worked hard at putting the menu together to suit every ones needs we came away with full bellies and most peoplefrom our table tried something new

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am very plesaed to see that everyone enjoyed themselves and I know Imad (head chef) was also very happy with the food that he served. The hotel looked lovely and I understand from several guests that everyone ahd enjoyed the event. I hope we will see you again in the near future.
Regards
Swadlincote, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have to say we had very high hopes for this Hotel but were let down mainly by the shower and quality of breakfast. If we had not been staying due to the convenient location of the wedding we were attending we would have left and gone elsewhere.

We stayed in room 105 and it was like a sauna, when we questioned the receptionist on the day of arrival about the room being too hot we had a very disinterested response. We had to have the windows open the whole time during our stay even though it was pouring with rain and chilly for May.
Our room was situated above the function suite so our first night was disturbed due to a noisy party which was worse as we had to have the windows open as the room was too hot.

Beware of hot water!!!!! The water in the shower is sooooo hot I scalded my arm, which is quite unbelievable considering the trickle of water that comes out the shower head.

Well the breakfast what can I say I have eaten better in a greasy spoon and a cheap B & B. The waiting staff need to acquire a personality and a system to serve people in the correct order on arrival to the dining room, others who arrived after us had been served their breakfast before our order was even taken. The quality of the breakfast is very poor the bacon was thin and overcooked and would be best used as shoe leather, the black pudding didn't appear to see a pan at all and was undercooked and not edible. If I knew that I was only going to receive half a tomato, mushroom, black pudding and a quarter slice of fried bread (which when you put your fork into flew across the table as it was too hard) I would have asked for two to make a whole mushroom, whole tomato etc...
On leaving the hotel I tried to mention to the receptionist some of our concerns especially regarding the scalding hot water to which I got a very feeble "sorry about that" with no real empathy or concern therefore I did not mention anything else as it was not going to change anything.
TWO VERY DISSATISFIED GUESTS.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105 classic room and it was like a sauna, shower scalding hot, and noisy due to lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I am so very sorry that you were dissappointed and I can understand from your feedback why, I have of course met with the team and discussed your feedback but I do hope that you received my e-mail and I look forward to speaking in the future .

Emm Beddall
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just want to say a huge thank you to Emma and her excellent team for their amazing work to help me make last weeks Fashion Show just a success. The feed back I have had has been fabulous. It was my 6th Show, all of which have been hosted at this great Hotel. There is a lot of work involved in putting on this event. What is great for me is that I can concentrate on my models and creating their outfits knowing that The Grovefield will deliver. Emma and her team understand exactly what is required for the night. It takes a lot of pressure off me knowing this. Not only is the venue a great setting for the show, but all the staff are so obliging. I have also had a lot of comments about the high standard of the food, especially when having to cater for such a large number.. A personal thank you to Stacey Walker for all her help over the past couple of months. Again you just 'get it'. Also to Lyndsey Field who was my 'right hand' lady on the night. The event ran so smoothly... Looking forward to the next one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely note. I am as always really pleased with theses evenings and your very sucsessful events which is most definitely partly due to the fact that you have everything under control making our job much easier ! I will of course pass on your feedback to the team and look foward to the next one !

Best wishes

UK
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We held our wedding reception here in May 2014 and have only good things to say. Stacey and the whole team were very organised and efficient and as a result the day went off without a hitch, despite some last minute changes due to rain! The team went above and beyond again and again - not least helping me (the bride) improvise repairs to my dress at midnight!

The food at Grovefield House was excellent and the chef went out of his way to accommodate various complicated dietary requirements. We may be biased, but it was definitely the best wedding breakfast we've eaten.

We also had a large number of family and friends staying at the Hotel all of whom commented on the friendliness of the staff and high standard of rooms.

We viewed a dozen venues in South Buckinghamshire and Grovefield House was by far the highest quality for price bracket and very good value for money.

We can't recommend it highly enough. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Congratulations.

I did hear about your dress and yes we can usually help fix whatever is thrown at us, but I am really pleased that your day (apart from the rain) was just how you wanted it to be. I have of course passed on your lovely feedback to the team, so we hope to see you again in teh near future.

Kindest regards and my best wishes

Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for our recent wedding anniversary and booked an afternoon tea, dinner bed and breakfast package.
We were given a lovely bedroom overlooking the grounds, comfy bed and spotless.
Afternoon tea was gorgeous lots of yummy cakes and sandwiches. The only thing I would say I would have preferred some back ground music as it was too quite .
Dinner was fabulous good quality food and delicious. The chef came out and ask us all if we had enjoyed our meal which was a nice touch.
Breakfast was chaotic they had a wedding happening later that day so I think they were stretched. I had eggs Benedict which was lovely!

We really enjoyed our stay and would defiantly like to return one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write.

I am delighted that you had such a lovely time with us and I will of course pass on your comments to the team and we will hope to see you again soon.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Grovefield House, the staff are more than friendly and very helpful. We dined at Hamiilton's a two rosette restaurant and the food was perfect, we could not fault it. The junior suite we stayed in was beautiful with lovely views out onto the gardens. The grandeur, professional service, and value for money is what makes the Grovefield House a perfect retreat. Thank you to all the staff who made our three day break an experience to remember.

• Stayed March 2014
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I am honestly delighted that you had such a great time with us and that everyone, as they should looked after you.
I hope we will see you again soon.
Emma Beddall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 17 in Windsor
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,193 reviews

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!