Grovefield House
US$137
US$133
Travelocity
Norfolk House Hotel(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$321
US$311
US$166
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsafternoon teasandwicheswedding receptionoverlooking the gardencourse dinnerwedding venuefamily partydietary requirementswedding breakfastbridal suitelovely hotelrelaxing staythe ground floorfunction roomweekend breakbed and breakfastgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I can't fault this classic lodge hotel the second we have stayed in and are booked to stay in another this month . I think that says how much we would recomend to others. The hotel was set in its own well kept grounds. Very relaxing atmosphere. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms very clean and well maintained. The only downside was buffet breakfast and the same menu every night. We do like freshly cooked breakfast and choice from a menu, not too much to ask for the price of our stay. The highlight of the stay was the red kites soaring above the hotel and watching them from our room.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you had a great stay. I will certainly discuss with chef our buffet breakfast as we do vary between plated and buffet, but I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I only had thee pleasure of staying overnight. Lovely gardens, great beer and great service and very good food. My room was very comfortable (second floor). I had to leave early in the morning before breakfast was being served and the night clerk offered to make me toast and find me some coffee and juice as well. Excellent service and a convenient location to Heathrow Airport

Room Tip: Pick rooms on second floor as some of the first floor rooms have windows looking directly into the courtyard and gardens but that is where people are congregating. Second floor rooms offer you the same view but without people peaking in your window. :-)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team helpful and our hotel comfortable. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future.
With kindest regards

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in a family room, which was very spacious and had everything we needed. As it was a nice evening, we sat out on the patio area and had dinner. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, including Jonathan on the front desk and a waiter and waitress ( I didn't get their names ) at breakfast. Stacey was especially helpful and very professional. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your very kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the team and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights for some relaxation. From check in to check out everything was great. We had a lovely large room facing the fields. The room had all the usual tea and coffee facilities including very tasty biscuits. The cleaning of the room was very thorough. Breakfasts were plentiful and the waiter who served us was very attentive. The dinners were delicious, served extremely well by a lovely waitress called Rebecca who was quite happy to have a chat with us each evening. We also had drinks in the bar and was served by Jake who also had time to talk with us. Both Rebecca and Jake should get a "golden star" for interacting with guests.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the function rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sticklegs
Management response:Responded 31 July 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and I will of course pass on your lovely comments to Rebecca and Jake.
I do hope we will see again soon

Reviewed 14 July 2014

we have stayed at the grovefield and attended functions a few times over the years, little did we realise when we booked some months ago the ordeal we were to suffer on the Friday night. it was apparent a wedding was taking place when we arrived in the afternoon. we had also booked an afternoon tea with friends, but the restaurant was closed because of the nuptials. however as the weather was now fine, the hotel
very kindly reopened it and we enjoyed a superb tea.Our bedroom overlooked the patio area .the music had started at 9.00pm.by 10.30pm
the noise was dreadful. I called reception to ascertain the time the music would stop. 12.30am I was told. needless to say 2.00am they had congregated beneath our window eventually they went home. the following morning the staff approached us asking about our night ?
they could not have been more apologetic and offered to move us to a
deluxe room overlooking the garden away from the patio area, as there was another function that night.on returning they had moved all our belongings and also left a complimentary bottle with a note of apology.
each day the breakfasts were superb, with a very attentive staff on hand.
we would have no hesitation in staying again, but would ask for a room
overlooking the garden.

Room Tip: ask if any noisy functions / parties will be taking place and book a room where its quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jmcwwta
Management response:Responded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for your very understanding and lovely feedback. I am sorry that this was initially noisy for you but pleased that the team moved the rooms and hopefully rectified as much as we could at the time. I certianly hope this would not deter you from visitng us again.