“2nd visit didn't disappoint”
Review of Grovefield House

Grovefield House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burnham
Greenford, United Kingdom
“2nd visit didn't disappoint”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Lovely hotel, friendly, helpful staff, beautiful grounds but the best thing about this hotel is the exquisite food served in the restaurant. We have stayed here twice now and had 2 different deals; the first was afternoon tea, 3 course dinner, bed and full English breakfast and this past weekend was canapés, glass of rose and the dinner, bed and breakfast. Both deals cost just over £100 each and were very good value for money. I suppose this is a good base for visiting the area, but we just go there to chill out. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that this time around our room was just too warm. I think we were above the boiler room and even with the windows open all night, it was still too warm (room 102 if you want to avoid it). Can't wait for our next visit

Room Tip: Lovely rooms overlooking the gardens. Very large beds. Avoid Room 102 if you don't like too mu...
1 Thank Caroline W
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback, and I am delighted that you yet again enjoyed yourselves. I will look into the heat in the bedroom but do hope we see you again for the next Classic Lodge offers.
With kindest regards

Emma Beddall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My daughter held her wedding reception at this hotel & I have to say it was perfect. It was a lovely day, which helped, and when we got there the drinks were laid out as requested & the guests milled around in the lovely grounds taking photos etc. The wedding breakfast, for 80 guests, was bang on time & the food was superb - piping hot & on hot plates (which makes a change). After the speeches it was time for the cutting of the cake which was 3 tiers & looked & tasted delicious. The disco started with the traditional dance by the bride & groom (to the strains of Fleetwood Mac) & kept guests on the dance floor until 12.30am. There was a delightful hog-roast at 9pm (mainly aimed at the 50 extra guests who came in the evening - the venue was big enough to absorb the extra numbers effortlessly) which, again, was high quality. Those of us wishing to protect our ears made good use of the lovely terrace & gardens to the rear which was perfect.

Most of the guests stayed at the hotel overnight & the rooms were really nice - as was the cooked breakfast in the morning!

All in all the reception went without a hitch & everyone had a great day - so well done Grovefield.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 112 is spacious & overlooks the grounds.
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Congratulations first of all. I am so pleased that everything was just as you had all wanted, and I know that we had such lovely feedback from your party and hope that you will all be back to see us in the future.

My Best wishes to you all
England
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just got back from a weekend at the Grovefield and it was superb, friendly staff immaculate rooms and gorgeous food, the hotel is set in beautiful grounds and is beautiful inside too, the staff were very polite and helpful and made a real fuss of my 10 year old niece, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for such lovely feedback and we hope to see you all again soon
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a wonderful afternoon in delightful surroundings overlooking the garden. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we couldn't fault the service. The food was great with a lovely selection of cakes. A good selection of sandwiches to choose from and also a variety of different teas too. Couldn't fault it at all and would highly recommend.

1 Thank EnaViv
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to wrtite. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our afternoon tea experience so much and hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My daughter has just held her wedding reception at The Grovefield House Hotel and we have nothing but positive things to say, in fact the day could not have been any better!
It is a beautiful venue with super, spacious grounds in which to enjoy any event. At our wedding, there was fantastic food served throughout the day by smiley, professional, courteous staff.
Everything had been set up exactly as we had requested, including bunting all around the grounds, a fete and the tables for the wedding breakfast looked wonderful. Nothing seemed too much for the staff . It was a day to treasure and remember as truely, amazingly special in every way.
Stacey, as our wedding co-ordinator,was exceptional in organising and double checking every detail and request, making all our daughter's ideas come together and 'happen' !
Our wedding was sandwiched between two wet days , and was really hot and sunny. The air conditioning in the function room was so efficient and effective that even with the party still rocking after 1am we felt comfortable all day . A real plus !
I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for a wedding . We have had lunch ( fantastic value and super food ) on a number of occasions, and afternoon tea, since booking for the wedding and the food has always been excellent, as has the service and indeed every aspect of this hotel. We look forward to taking our daughter and new son-in-law for a meal on their first anniversary !

Room Tip: All the rooms we looked at while planning the wedding were lovely
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucullus23
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Congratulations to all of you. I am so very pleased you had such a wonderful day, I know that the hotel looked stunning with everything that you had all decided to have in the grounds, but of course more than anything I am delighted that everything went according to plan and I will of course pass on your wonderful feedback to everyone here and we truly hope to see you again soon.
With best wishes
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A perfect wedding venue which provided everything we could have wished for. Helpful and efficient staff, delicious food, delightful grounds, spacious and comfortable rooms and overall, a friendly ambience which all our guests remarked upon. Thanks to Stacey and her team, it was a truly memorable experience for which we shall always be grateful.
Anne & Brian

Room Tip: Get married!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Good afternoon
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I will ensure that this is given to my team. I am very pleased that you had such a lovely time and we hope to see you again soon.
With kindest regards
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am completely taken aback that there are any positive reviews on here! I have just got back from a two day stay for my best friends wedding at nearby Hedsor House. She had block booked pretty much the entire hotel for all her guests back at the beginning of the year. I was really excited about the stay and the event and left feeling quite shocked that they can maintain a business with the attitude of the staff.

I probably can't recall all of the problems we had in our, actually very limited time IN the hotel, but will try and give a general idea.

Day 1

The bride and brides mother themselves were told that there was no room for them in the hotel, that they hadn't booked a suite by the jobsworth on the reception desk. Obviously feeling a bit frantic, they asked to speak to the manager who assured them the bridal suite was free and they could sleep there. Perhaps the woman at reception got some sick pleasure from panicking a customer whose guest list must have provided them with circa 10k worth of business.

As I arrived with the bride into the dinner area on our first evening, we were literally chased by another woman about 'settling up the bill for afternoon tea.' It was completely inappropriate, awkward and mistimed.

The main bridal party were sat in the restaurant for a set dinner and myself and two other bridesmaids and boyfriends (6 of us in total' were told there was no room for us to eat in the restaurant so we had to eat in the bar. There was plenty of space at the table set for the bridal party but we didn't want to kick up a fuss so agreed to sit in the bar for bar food.

Everything was made the biggest meal of, except for the quality of the food! We were told we couldn't order or have food whilst the bridal party were eating, that we couldn't set up a tab to our rooms because we didn't have a credit card set onto our room .. Then found out we could just have a normal tab, as in, paying normally as you would if you go out for food? They had run out of a variety of foods on the bar menu, took ages with both food and drink orders and acting like we were an annoyance if we pestered. The food was not cheaply priced considering that, between us, we had a pizza you'd buy from a supermarket, a horrible McDonald's type burger, a shop bought 'Asian fusion platter' (Probably the LIDL party food range) with the most horrendous greasy poppadoms which also bizarrely were fashioned on a separate plate as nachos. Apparently people had 'complained' about cheese being put on their nachos and so there was 'melted cheese' in a ramekin - it was milk. They had forgotten one of our plates of nachos which we cancelled having tried to eat the first one and were told 'yeah but he's making it now, he's hand making the nachos.' We said the food was disgusting, definitely not handmade and that we didn't want it.

Day 2

Spent most of the day at the wedding obviously, but came back to the hotel around 12.30am with a happy group of wedding revellers looking to head to the hotel bar. No lie, we were told 'if anyone crosses this line (as in got behind the bar) then the police will be involved' by the aggressive bar tender. Completely and utterly ridiculous and dramatic, we were a happy group celebrating and in no way indicated we were messing around the bar. Again they wouldn't let us have a tab, this time because they didn't know how to do it. We sat outside with our drinks being merry, baring in mind, the ENTIRE hotel was booked out for the wedding party and is in the middle of nowhere, repeatedly being told off by the aggressive bar man for being loud.

The rooms themselves are clean and the hotels location is great but the attitude of the staff - rude and unwilling to help easily solved problems and the quality of the dismal food just means I left with a very sour taste in my mouth. The wedding was great and massively overshadowed the hotel experience but if you are looking to have a relaxing wedding where your guests will be well looked after, I would advise you to steer well clear of this place.

The staff need a lesson in customer service.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank eburt91
, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
I am very sorry to read that you felt you did not have any customer care while you were with us, which is a surprise and dissappointment to me as you would be able to read from many other reviews our customer care and hospitality have been our priority just as they and should be.with very favourable comments. I take all of the feedback we receive very seriously and I will be looking into each and every point you have rasied. I know that we had spoken to the bride and her mother yesturday who told us they had, had a very pleasant stay.
Emma Beddall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 18 in Windsor
Stoke Place
Stoke Place
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges

Been to Grovefield House? Share your experiences!