Lowest prices for your stay
£85
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Hotels.com
All reviews wedding venue wedding breakfast wedding coordinator dietary requirements the ground floor this lovely hotel lovely grounds following morning full english burnham beeches windsor function teas heathrow wake
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2023

What a wonderful day and super venue for my daughter's wedding!
From the first viewing, the day itself to when we left on Sunday morning the team at the Grovefield couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. No requests were too much and they even adjusted arrangements for unexpected rain!
It was the most amazing day and the food, service and every member of the team especially Hannah and Paul were always happy to help. So many guests commented on how delicious the food was.
Highly recommend if you want a relaxing and fun location for your wedding or special event. Thank you all.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul Twomey, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2023

Dear randell97

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am very pleased to hear that my team were able to assist in ensuring that your daughter's wedding was a day to remember. I am very appreciative of the great team I have here at the hotel who are very passionate about ensuring our guests have a great experience and I know they will be delighted to hear your feedback. I wish you and your family all the best for the future and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2023

Check in was friendly and polite - we had phoned in the day prior to say we would be after 7pm - this wasn't a problem. The reception is clean and bright - in fact I found the whole building calm, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and eager to please. Room was overlooking the garden, bright and airy. Two chairs and a table, very nice to sit and relax. There was a party going on but this was not a disturbance at all. The drinks reasonably price, food good too. The lady on reception was more than helpful by printing off some history of the hotel, as I had asked if they had anything since I know the hotel and area quite well. Great to see staff having beaten expectations. The only downfall is the lack of wi-fi in the room. We were in 106 and it was non existent. Though connection was no problem in the area near the bar. However despite this, I would happily return! Thanks to all the lovely polite staff.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Twomey, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2023

Dear ETDC84

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise for the poor connection issues you encountered with our Wi-Fi which has now been investigated and resolved. I am pleased to hear you will be happy to return and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 1 August 2023

We had our wedding at Grovefield house hotel over the weekend of 29th July. We stayed at the hotel on the Friday night and had exclusive use of the hotel on the Saturday.
From the first contact to view the hotel to the completion of our wedding on the Sunday morning, all the staff at the hotel were excellent. The staff, venue, food, rooms and the grounds were all superb. All of the rooms were used by our guests and nobody had any cause for complaint.
The day of the wedding, the ceremony, champagne reception and wedding breakfast all went without a hitch and were well organised. Any requests that we made over the three days were carried out quickly and with a smile by the staff. We even had a cake disaster that was our own fault and the chef and the kitchen team done there best to rectify it for us.
We would not hesitate to recommend Grovefield House for a wedding or an event. Paul and his team gave us a professional and attentive service, many of our guests said that it was one of the best organised weddings that they have been to.
Breakfast on the Sunday that was served to circa 80 people over a 2 hour period was excellent.
We picked the Hotel as it was dog friendly and our dog was welcomed by the staff and was allowed to roam freely and particularly enjoyed the beautiful grounds.
Again, if you are looking for a wedding venue in the area, you will not regret choosing this venue.

Julia and Barry

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Julia and Barry

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure for my team and I to be able to assist you in making your special day a memorable one. I will ensure to share all your kind comments about my team to them personally with thanks. On behalf of all of us at Grovefield we wish you all the very best for the future and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2023 via mobile

I feel compelled to write this review to warn potential wedding planners. While the hotel's grounds may be appealing, it's worth knowing this is definitely more of a two-to-three star hotel, despite being marketed as a four-star hotel and wedding venue. Being cognisant of its true rating might offset any disappointment with the service, amenities, decor, room size, and decor. Yes I meant to put decor twice. The interior design is dated and somewhat scruffy in places, and there are issues like a non-functional lift (which I believe has been out of service for some time) and limited restaurant availability. For those seeking a basic place to stay, it could suffice, but if you're looking for an exciting four-star escape in Buckinghamshire or a top-notch wedding venue, I recommend continuing your search elsewhere.

The room service was prompt though. The late night desk attendant was also extremely unhelpful at best when attempting to book a later check out

Room tip: If the lift is broken I would recommend the 1st floor
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Twomey, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2023

Dear Q8268NUjonathanb

This post is disappointing on so many levels and especially when you say you are trying to warn other wedding planners. Considering you have not experienced a wedding at our hotel I find it astonishing that you can post such an unfair review, My hard working team take great pride in delivering a great customer experience to all our guests so it is not acceptable to see your negative comments which are totally unjustified.
We market our hotel as a Country House Hotel and as you would expect it has the look and feel of that style of hotel, some people like this style whilst others have a different more modern preference which is fine as ultimately people will decide for themselves what style of venue they would like to host there events at. We do have an ongoing pro-active maintenance programme in place and to clarify the lift was out of service for 2 weeks whilst we were upgrading the control panels which I am glad to say is now all complete.
I would urge any readers of these reviews to please look at all our other positive reviews in how we operate as a hotel, weddings & events venue and come see us for yourself, then make your own minds up as to whether our venue is suitable for your special occasions or not
Regards

Reviewed 15 July 2023 via mobile

A last minute booking with my wife and in-laws revealed this wonderful hidden gem.
We arrived soaked after a very wet morning at Kew Gardens ahead of check-in time and was shown to the lounge where a lovely team member provided us with two very welcome pots of tea and selection of biscuits.

Once our rooms were ready we were notified and checked in to two bright, perfectly cleaned rooms with lovely views of the grounds (if a little spoilt by the continuing rain). The rooms had all you’d expect ( TV, WiFi coverage, tea/coffee facilities extra pillows, clothes hangers, writing desk, hairdryer etc) along with welcome extras such as an iron and ironing board, bottled water, safe and fans.

Our opinion is, whilst I’m sure they would look after children and families fantastically, the majority of clients are middle aged plus so therefore, unlike other hotels we’d stayed in over the years the rooms were lovely and quiet.

You couldn’t hear noise from neighbouring rooms nor were you kept awake at night by doors slamming or residents having high pitch conversations in the corridors. Admittedly on another day different guests may not have been so considerate but our experience was lovely.

After a good nights sleep on a comfortable bed we found the shower to be warm (although not overly powerful) although a bath was available in the room if preferred. My only criticism was their was no miniature bottles of bubble bath that many other hotels do offer, which if provided I would definitely of used!

Once dressed we went down for a fantastic breakfast. A great selection of continental item you help yourself to whilst the team take your order for hot food items - backed up with them arranging tea/coffee and toast requirements (and top ups!) Breakfast was circa £15 per head. Well worth the value for the quality and quantity of items available.

All staff members we met were polite and welcoming from the initial lady on check in, though the girl in the lounge bringing our tea, the team working the resturant at breakfast and the chambermaid servicing the rooms.

For a last minute booking we couldn’t have had a better experience and will definitely be back. We also found through their in-house literature they are part of a chain and have other sites across the country. If they are half as good as this site then future stays in any of the sites will be pleasurable.

Room tip: Stay more than one night! We wished we’d booked for longer.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul Twomey, General Manager at Grovefield House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2023

Dear Mark S

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience whilst staying with us and will gladly share your kind comments with my team which I know will be greatly received. It is always rewarding to receive such positive comments and it definately gives the team an extra boost to know their hard work is recognised. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.