“Poor rooms”

Description: moray
Tonsberg
“Poor rooms”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The room I stayed in was very small and was in dire need of redecorating. All the floor boards creeked and with the hotel being so busy I didn't get much sleep.

I did, however, really enjoy the food in the hotel. It tasted great and was good value for money.

Visited October 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good solid fayre”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was a good meal served promptly with friendly staff. The menu was fairly standard but the food was nicely cooked and presented. Recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“Average food.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Small portion of the starter, but massively too much main course. Not cheap either. The chips were brick hard, like they had been sitting under a grill heater for ages. Nearly broke a tooth on them.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank weescotsman17
York, United Kingdom
“Family Gathering”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had the use of a private room for a fairly large gathering of family. We ordered our menu choices prior to arriving - friendly reception and staff who looked after us well. Food was good, portions generous and it was delivered promptly. We have now eaten here several times when we visit Buckie and will return as it is consistantly good - nothing fancy but good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
“So....so”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have a hard time trying to decide how to rate this hotel. The food was good, nothing spectacular just good food. The service was terrible.
We arrived for dinner at around 7pm on a Monday night. Instead of putting us in the dining room we were put in the bar, which was fine by us. There were 2 other tables of people. We were given menus and a drink order was taken. The server came back with the drinks and to take our order. I ordered a main as did my son-in-law. My husband asked if they had a soup, they did so he ordered it to start. It sounded good, so I asked for a soup as well. Here is the part that just floored me: The server gave this huge sigh, ripped out the sheet with our order and said "Thanks a lot, now I have to start the order all over because you ordered your starter after your main". Sorry but to me that is just not acceptable for a server. About 20 minutes later, they told us our meal was ready and to follow them. We were then moved from the cozy bar with a fire place (remember only 2 tables out of about 6 in use) to this huge room with one other couple in it, and where did they sit us but right beside the other couple.
Like I said the food was good but the poor service and being moved to this huge empty room just left us with a poor feeling of the whole experience.

• Visited October 2012