Marine Hotel
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$121
US$145
US$141
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Visited this hotel for a quick meal on the way home from a trip up North. When we arrived the lounge was very quiet, only one other table in! The place is a little dated and could maybe do with a bit of modernisation, but to be honest, this doesn't really affect the quality of the food! So, the food. We all just had a main course. I had the chicken breast with skirlie with chips and vegetables and it was very good. It was a very big portion and the meat was well cooked. I really couldn't complain about my main course, a good homely meal. Others in our party had fish and chips, lasagne and macaroni cheese. Really, the main complaints were with the pasta dishes and the amount of cheese on the lasagne ( a huge amount!). Nice to start with but I think got a little difficult to eat. The macaroni was, on the other and, very dry and also quite difficult to eat. So, overall, two out of four meals very good, the other two not so good. Service a little slow but would certainly stop here again if passing through.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Had a meal here on Mon 30th April, myself and 3 of my friends there were also one other party in the lounge bar that whole evening.

Food was decent but service was terrible.

We had our starters then were left about half an hour after we'd finished before plates were cleared, main courses arrived no one checked on us after to see if our meals were ok (thought this was common practice in restaurants).

Waiting staff weren't too polite and seemed like they did not want to be there.

After our main meals we decided we would have some coffees/teas well we had to order these at the bar as no one made they're way through to check if we needed anything else.

Furthermore when our teas arrived when we ended up having the hot pot of scalding tea accidentally knocked over us. After this incident the service was even less.

It would have been so easy to walk out of there without paying as all the staff seemed to be elsewhere. When we did head up to the bar to pay waiting staff walking by us at least three times without acknowledging we were even stood there. We were eventually able to pay but were made to feel awkward when the head waitress/barmaid decided to snap nastily at the junior waitress about not adding teas to the bill, surely she could've checked this herself instead of embarrassing the poor girl.

We decided to approach the hotel manager as we knew her and knew what high standards she expects of her staff, we felt awful having to complain but it certainly wasn't up to standard it should be.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank arleney87
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I usually come here when I'm in the area for work, I enjoy this hotel as its vicinity to the town center means I can walk into town have a drink and walk home, the staff are really friendly and the food is decent enough, the rooms are a little dated and not too loud if you get the top floor, as the weekends can get a bit loud if they have something on, but I was talking the the owner and she's doing something about that? we'll have to see what she does.

Room Tip: Top floor always a good choice here, or if they are taken keep away from the bar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tanstair
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very good service but slightly let down by the food. The breaded mushrooms were fine but the accompanying garlic mayo looked very brown and didn't, to me, taste quite right. I have to say, though, that my friends having the same did not seem to have a problem with theirs......
I had the 4oz burger and found it to be rather overcooked and dry but the onion rings, on the other hand, were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaryCampbell1
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I also work with Mr C. I can confirm that all of the women at the Marine Hotel are bangtidy! Again the rooms are hit and miss however if you can get a top floor room there wont be any problems. 315 is my room so check your hands off it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business