“A carvery experience”

The Old Coach House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckie
The Old Coach House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Buckie B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A carvery experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The carvery unfortunately was not working on the day I and a few of our car club visited the area.
The dining room was well laid out and clearly had a number of regular locals in for their lunch. Despite the carvery having blown a fuse the staff were all very attentive.
The meal I had was hot and served on even hotter plates! My only regret given what I consider to be excellent food and service is the location which is nearly 60 miles from my home. That said if I am inthe area again on a Sunday this will be my first choice. I would recommend that if you are going to have lunch you should book first and not rely on there being free tables as you could easily be turned away

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MauriceMinor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Agadir, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Excellent food at a great price,. We visited today not for the first time to have a carvery lunch. The starters were superb my wife had Cullen Skink and I had the Pate we only waited minutes for it to be served, for main course we had the carvery, we both went for the pork, it was cooked perfectly and accompanied with a good selection of veg which wasnt overcooked also roast potato, boiled potato, stuffing yorkshire puddings and gravy all of which we helped ourselves to except the pork, we were both served 3 generous slices,for sweet my wife asked for vanilla ice cream I had the pineapple pavalova which was massive the total bill including drinks was under £30 great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

We travelled for 2 weeks in Scotland. The Only night with no reservation, for adventure.. We found this one at 7h at night. We were à bit disapointed by the rooms. It looked like a cheep motel room, with left over used soap in the shower. We Also think We had à ghost expérience? But the food was good. And the young lady who serves us was Very Nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Four of us had a really nice evening meal here.
Home made soup for starters, they even gave two of us half portions of Cullen Skink.
Two of us had 12oz sirloin steaks, one lasagne and one steak and guinness pie.......no complaints ar all.
This is the third time we've eaten here and we'd certainly return again.

• Stayed September 2012
Banff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My family and I had a Sunday meal here at lunch time.
Some of our party had the Sunday carvery and others opted to dine from the main menu.
The carvery had an excellent selection of roasts (5 in total) and plenty of trimming, vegetables, potatoes ect. Highly delighted.
The main menu (other than carvery) offers plenty of selection, and huge portions.
we will defiantly be back.
Highly recommended, excellent service also.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

stayed here for the weekend had 3 rooms between family. Rooms where spotless, only problem we had was the smell of the rooms, they where disgusting due to the fact it was smokers rooms and we never asked for these types of rooms . We did open windows, wide, to air the room and put the curtains outside window. Was very basic , but what did we expect for the money and also in a small village,coming from Glasgow We always expect more and shouldn't when visiting places like buckie The Breakfast was lovely, also had dinner which was delicious . Staff where helpful and polite.
Rating below. I gave cleanliness a 4 , it was spotless , only problem was the smell.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wonderwoman79
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here twice on business, in what I presume was the "budget room", which bore no resembelance to the rooms pictured on a booking website. The room was pretty small and had an aroma of cigarettes, but given there was an ashtray in the room and cigarette burns on the carpet and furniture, this wasn't much of a surprise. Apart from this, the place was reasonably clean, the bed was comfortable and the digital tv signal worked most of the time.

My main bugbear was on the first evening of my second stay. After having a shower, the towel in the room had a faint odour of sweat and felt like it was a towel that had been used and then hung up again. Luckily I always carry a towel regardless of where I stay, but I pity anyone who doesn't.

The breakfast was pretty ok.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Buckie hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckie
Cullen Bay Hotel
The Mill House Hotel & Restaurant
Seashore Cottage
Seashore Cottage
#5 of 8 in Buckie

Been to The Old Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!