“Decent meal”

The Old Coach House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckie
The Old Coach House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Buckie B&B and Inns
Asheville, North Carolina
“Decent meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My wife and I were starting a ten-day Speyside Whiskey Walk in Buckie. A local we met on the bus from Elgin recommended this place for dinner, so we tried it out. The food was adequate and the portions were good, but the place was a little run-down and the server seemed distracted. We enjoyed the meal but we didn't exactly feel entirely welcome, though I can't say the service was bad. A lot of locals were dining there, so it must have something going for it. If you want a decent Scottish meal, it's a decent place. If you are looking for something fancy, or for a lovely experience, go somewhere else.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcumby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West Lothian
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I booked in to this hotel for one night as I was on Business. I would not recomend needs a little TLC bit run down. No soap in the bathroom/cupboard bed was clean, I ate in the hotel that night. Food was good the service not to bad. In the morning I could not find anyone to tell me where to get breakfast rang the bell several times eventually someone came as she was outside having a smoke. Once I got breakfast it look like a dogs dinner no presentation.
I would not book this hotel again.

Carroy

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Buckie hotels

Stonehaven
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Fourth time in two weeks I have returned to this hotel for an evening meal. Food first three times, excellent. Last night, poor. Saddle of lamb with red currant "jus" and minted mash. Lamb overlooked, jus was as thick as treacle and very intense flavour and all vegetables coated in it. The minted mash was green and no flavour of potato left. I pointed out my disappointment to hotel owner, no apology, no reduction in bill. No hospitality skills shown, never a "nice to see you again" or "welcome back" on the upside, staff in public bar excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The carvery unfortunately was not working on the day I and a few of our car club visited the area.
The dining room was well laid out and clearly had a number of regular locals in for their lunch. Despite the carvery having blown a fuse the staff were all very attentive.
The meal I had was hot and served on even hotter plates! My only regret given what I consider to be excellent food and service is the location which is nearly 60 miles from my home. That said if I am inthe area again on a Sunday this will be my first choice. I would recommend that if you are going to have lunch you should book first and not rely on there being free tables as you could easily be turned away

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MauriceMinor
Agadir, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Excellent food at a great price,. We visited today not for the first time to have a carvery lunch. The starters were superb my wife had Cullen Skink and I had the Pate we only waited minutes for it to be served, for main course we had the carvery, we both went for the pork, it was cooked perfectly and accompanied with a good selection of veg which wasnt overcooked also roast potato, boiled potato, stuffing yorkshire puddings and gravy all of which we helped ourselves to except the pork, we were both served 3 generous slices,for sweet my wife asked for vanilla ice cream I had the pineapple pavalova which was massive the total bill including drinks was under £30 great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

We travelled for 2 weeks in Scotland. The Only night with no reservation, for adventure.. We found this one at 7h at night. We were à bit disapointed by the rooms. It looked like a cheep motel room, with left over used soap in the shower. We Also think We had à ghost expérience? But the food was good. And the young lady who serves us was Very Nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Four of us had a really nice evening meal here.
Home made soup for starters, they even gave two of us half portions of Cullen Skink.
Two of us had 12oz sirloin steaks, one lasagne and one steak and guinness pie.......no complaints ar all.
This is the third time we've eaten here and we'd certainly return again.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckie
Cullen Bay Hotel
The Mill House Hotel & Restaurant
Seashore Cottage
Seashore Cottage
#5 of 8 in Buckie

Been to The Old Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!