“A Place to lay Your Head”

The Old Coach House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckie
The Old Coach House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Buckie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This Hotel is nothing glamorous. If that is what you are after, why are you going to Buckie?
The rooms are adequate, mine was quite small. The carpet on the bathroom floor was amusing to say the least! The floor was very creaky, luckily there were no rooms underneath me.
The breakfast was nice and the service was fine. You might get a surprise when you head to breakfast through a darkened room to see a giant teddy bear who looks like he had too much wine the night before!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Old Coach House Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I feel like have been robbed! Sixty quid for a room that resembled a homeless hostel.

After a mix up at check in and being told that i hadnt booked I was eventually given a key to my room. To my complete shock when I walked into my allocated room it was already in use by someone else. luckily the person was not in the room at the time which could have been very embarrassing!

After the mix up I was given a room that can only be described as disgusting and stuck in a time warp. It smelled of stale smoke and was a general eyesore owing to the heavily stained carpet and disgusting curtains. The carpet was in an even worse state in the bathroom, yes I did say carpet in the bathroom! Not only was the carpet in the bathroom disgusting but the shower was covered in rust, mould and limescale. One saving grace was the towels and bed linen seemed clean or so we thought. I made a school boy error by not pulling the duvet back for a look until we came back very late after the family party we were in Buckie for. The bed sheet had a very horrible brown stain in the middle of it!! Due to this we chose to sleep on top of the duvet to avoid having to sleep on the sheet.

Trying to have a shower in the morning was a joke. The water trickles out and was scalding hot even when turned to cold.

On check out I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay to which I replied no and told the girl why. The girl did not seem suprised by my complaint and I can only assume complaints are the norm from guests staying at this hotel.

One good point for the hotel is the food. Both dinner and breakfast were nice and very reasonably priced.

Will I go back? Not a chance.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank JaggyGman
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had dinner with friends and it was better than I expected (based on some of the recent reviews ), the food is best described as decent pub grub, the chips were really good. The waiting staff were good, but we did wait quite a while for our food. I did think it was a little expensive however but overall I would eat here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a full day on Sunday - having spent a stunning afternoon on the Gemini Explorer.
On the way back to our holiday home - we passed the Old Coach House Hotel.
The menu looked as if there was something for everyone.
So, later that evening - we trooped back.

We were shown into the bar beside the dining room and offered drinks and menus.
So far so good.
The young waitress mixed up the diet and non-diet drinks. Not a great problem but not a great start.

Then the boss came along to take our orders.
He didn't like being asked if his burgers are bought in. He liked even less when on finding out they are not made in the kitchen - I changed my order to fish.

My sister in law asked for some salad dressing - to be told they couldn't do it for her. ?? A kitchen without olive oil and a decent vinegar? (There were sachets of mayo on the table).

My brother's sticky chicken was so hot that 'asbestos mouth' - my husband - was surprised.
My fish was 50% fish and 50% batter.

Asbestos Mouth had persevered with his order of a burger (I think I embarrassed him when I asked for mine to be changed).
How was it?
Cremated!
For reasons of Health and Safety, if burgers are not made in the kitchens but are bought in - we can't choose to have them any other way. So forget your medium, medium/rare or well done. Cremated - or not at all!

The flavours were ok.
The service was ok.

Would we go back?
What do YOU think ......

OK !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Frannie B
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Me and my family went to the coach house not long ago as we where told on the phone they served sunday lunches which we then asked specifically for lamb in which they replied to having lamb for that day so we booked a table, our visit didn't start well as our waiter was extremely rude and unwelcoming, we then ordered from the sunday lunch menu to be told there was no lamb after only 1 hour of serving however we let it go and ordered regardless, my mother had a prawn cocktail starter which after eating the majority of it found the bottom of the bread had green mould on it, we instantly were put off our meal and told a staff member who took the plate away without an apology, despite the fact we weren't charged i would never be revisiting the coach house

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jacyyates
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went for a meal and the carpet in dining room not been hoovered, smell from toilets unbearable, staff need training on how to clean tables and using same cloth to wipe tables and seats, one member of staff dropped cloth on ground then picked it up and 2 minutes later came through holding my plate with same cloth, staff need to be trained, upon seeing this I didn't eat my main course and went to bar and asked for bill, the manager asked if everything was ok to which I answered NO he carried on and charged me for full meal which I couldn't eat for the mess on floor and tables not being satisfactory, he never asked why I answered NO and took full payment from me and let me walk out, this is not how a manager should react to an unhappy customer , so now £20 out of pocket as had to then go somewhere else for my main course :(

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My wife and I were starting a ten-day Speyside Whiskey Walk in Buckie. A local we met on the bus from Elgin recommended this place for dinner, so we tried it out. The food was adequate and the portions were good, but the place was a little run-down and the server seemed distracted. We enjoyed the meal but we didn't exactly feel entirely welcome, though I can't say the service was bad. A lot of locals were dining there, so it must have something going for it. If you want a decent Scottish meal, it's a decent place. If you are looking for something fancy, or for a lovely experience, go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcumby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckie
Cullen Bay Hotel
#5 of 8 in Buckie
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portknockie

Been to The Old Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!