“Not bad. Not bad at all.”
Review of Highlander Hotel

Highlander Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckie
Highlander Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Buckie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

There are really not a lot of places to eat in Buckie, and I was recommended this as an alternative. I actually grew up in Buckie, and the Highlander was always a bit of a dive - a howf for serious drinkers.

No more. The hotel itself is an absolute credit to the owners, who have spent several years upgrading and updating the facilities. The restaurant is open to non residents Tues - Sat, and the food is well prepared and presented. The back bar is full of pictures of local fishing boats, but welcoming, and the outside beer garden is the only one I know of in the area.

It may not look like a lot from the outside, but give it a chance and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edbit

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Highlander hotel from 24th to 26th May. We were celebrating Mum's 80th Birthday and the meal was amazing. Everyone complemented on it. It was our anniversary next day so more celebrations. Breakfast was cooked to order and piping hot same next day. Hazel and Michael were perfect hosts and everything we asked for was done with a smile. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean and beds so comfortable we didn't want to get up for breakfast but was really glad we did. All in all would definitely stay again and would recommend to everyone. Thanks Hazel & Michael xx

Room Tip: We loved room 6
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nanasimpson
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I often come here for meals with my family, the food is excellent value for money & very tasty. I usually have the macaroni as I'm vegetarian & it is delicious! I came here for my graduation family meal & everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff are very friendly & attentive. Always come back!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RGFx
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Approximately 25 colleagues and I visited the Highlander last night for our Christmas meal. The menu was varied and I think that the food was tasty, hot and perfectly cooked. This applied to the turkey, beef, salmon and the vegetarian option as all of my colleagues enjoyed their meals. My prawn starter was one if the best I've ever had. The food came out smoothly and the staff made sure we all had what we wanted.

Well done to the Highlander.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ltwinterz
Reviewed 6 October 2013

An excellent family run hotel. Great value for money. Staff are friendly and helpful. THe food here is excellent. So much so that I ate there everynight of my one week stay. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for accomodation in Buckie.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've been to Buckie a few times with work and always stayed in a different hotel (Old Coach House), which was to be honest very poor. On this occasion the Old Coach house was full so I looked for a different hotel and found the Highlander, I'm so glad I did!

I only had a very brief stay (10 at night till seven in the morning) but I was very impressed, the room I was in was a twin, the beds were very close togther making it a little cramped but not a major issue. The room was lovely and clean with all the decor seeming very fresh and new, the en suite was also lovely, clearly done quite recently. The bed was nice and comfortable and this is the only hotel I've ever been in with a feather duvet!

I had to leave early so I didn't have breakfast, but the dining room looked very nice, and if I'm back in Buckie I'd be keen to try their food.

The manager was also really friendly.

A great place to stay, very reasonable price too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank beacon_bonanza
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Popped in here for a meal with my husband whilst staying in Buckie, excellent food, fantastic service from very efficient friendly staff.................................................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple