Jakarta Airport Hotel
US$64
US$57
Very Good 4/5
Ara Hotel Gading Serpong(Tangerang)(Great Value!)
US$39
  • Breakfast included
US$79
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewslate night arrivalsecond levelcan't beat the locationdomestic terminalbetween flightsnext morningearly departurethe check in deskovernight transithotel entrancenight's sleepinternational flightgaruda indonesiarooms are cleannearby hotelthe air conditioningwake up call
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2013

As per the reviews I decided to go with this hotel for convenience. The experience was worst than I thought.
First of all was finding the hotel. There are many departure areas and if your outside you won't find it. You have to be inside on the 1st floor where the hotel entrance is. This hotel has more steps and stairs than an Aztec temple. I can't imagine how they would get someone on a wheelchair in.
The room was ok and had only 2 English channels. Room service woke me up even though I had the do not disturb sign on my door. Breakfast was not tasty either. I would not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The hotel is very linear and if you get a room at the far end you will have a long walk. Try to get a room closer to the reception.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mish3al
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had booked a room in advance as we landed at 22.30 and had a connecting flight at 11am the next day. It's pretty basic but served its purpose. Rooms were clean and tidy, my back told me the next morning that the bed was uncomfortable. Bar staff not interested in serving you and the prices were high, breakfast was ok. Check in/out very quick and stress fee. The real plus was that staying in the hotel I did'nt have to cope with the terrible Jakarta traffic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AvidTraveler12
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had a good stay in this hotel and had to stay here because of early in the morning-connecting flight the day after my arrival to Jakarta. I must say that it had exceeded my expectation. It was not luxurious but it is convenient and it is located just above Terminal 2. The only thing that I regretted was that they didn't wake me up for my wake up call! Thankfully, my flight was delayed. Lesson learned: do not rely on their wake up call service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Totofore
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Circumstances forced me into what turned into a night and a half here. I would not ordinarily have paid US$150 for a twin room. Pricey, indeed, but matters worsened when, owing to the time of my next flight, I was faced with the choice of spending another day wandering Jakarta airport or watching HBO in relative comfort, I paid another US$95 for a half day. The rooms are very clean and it's quiet - except for the neighbours whom I could hear clearly. WiFi appears to be quite unstable and many times I got kicked off. The User ID was a little difficult to comprehend also. There's a free meal thrown in but the two times I used the restaurant, the staff were conspicuous by their absence or just plain unwilling to come back and see if I wanted anything, having given me the menu. Really. It is a transit hotel. Nothing more. By the way, turn down the a/c at night. You'll freeze if you don't.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Coalhill
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed in an Executive Room for one night on a transit visit. The only other choice for a convenient short stay is the Sheraton Hotel situated at 3 nm from the airport - cost for the Sheraton is approximately another USD 60 per night for a similar standard room.

The convenience of close walking access to international check-in at the airport hotel is worth many dollars, however there are a few limitations.

Access for guests with mobility problems is challenging. There are three flights of stairs to negotiate - however staff are available to help with baggage.

The rooms are clean and adequate for a short stay although noise from adjoining rooms can be annoying, My neighbor left the television on full volume at 1 am and went to sleep. I was woken up, however I was able to return the compliment on my departure at 4.30 am. Like many hotels, management should provide a sound limit on the televisions in the rooms - particularly as the TVs are mounted on adjacent walls.

Meals and drinks are available at all hours and the breakfast, included in the room cost, is of reasonable standard

I would stay here again on a transit trip.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business