“Not a 2 stars comfort”

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Tangerang
Australia
“Not a 2 stars comfort”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed in Famehotel not as planned. I like staying in 3 and 4 star hotels, which were fully booked in the area. I never believed in staying with 2 star because I'm afraid of the sucks service and unavailable facilities as per my expectations.

Famehotel has changed my point of view of a 2 star, Check in was so fast, they even have this smart check in booth which I did not have the opportunity to try. Buffet breakfast was good and I love the WiFi, which was Great in speed. The room although it is not a spacious as a 4 star hotel, it has comfort bed. Service is typical Indonesian service which was very friendly with a smile.

I'd like to express my special thanks to all staff for their genuine welcome. I'm now thinking of staying in Famehotel again for my next visit to tangerang.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Faby-Secret
Rachmatullah H, General Manager at Fame Hotel Gading Serpong, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Cantik

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with the location and facilities of our hotel.

It is our goal to constantly work on improving our levels of service so that we can exceed our guests expectation and also provide memorable experiences. Meanwhile, thank you for your good note of our restaurants. We take your comment as a compliment.

Again, thank you for choosing Fame Hotel Gaidng Serpong and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Magelang, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

coming to the hotel, I was surprised with a 2 star hotel can do.

The bed excellent with a bit lavender aroma and color. This was refreshing and also some belief it will make your sleep even better and yes, it's indeed.
Cleanliness in all aspect you can count on and the most helping features are: the speedy check-in soft touch screen in the lobby to avoid hassle line up in the front desk and the groceries shop that open 24hrs adjacent to the hotel.

The buffet breakfast was what you could expect more in 2 star hotel and I think this is the best compare to other 2star local chain hotel
it has a smooking floor and a non smoking floor, to me, it's a bless.

Meeting rooms are excellent, with Musholla next door plus the aircond really spoiled you during the meeting.
I will recommend my friends to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Ask for higher room for the city view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chandra I
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I was stayed at fame on 31st of december 2013 to welcoming a new years 2014 with my family. The first impression when I arrived was the staff very warm and helpull and when I had a dinner at the restaurant I was accompanied with hk manager and sales manager there were so kind. I was very happy, my family happy and welcome a new year 2014. Keep a good works guys....

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sam

Thank you for your comment . We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our services and facilities were excellent. We take your comment as a compliment and strive to provide better and better services for our guests.

Again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Arriving the hotel in the very late night after a very rush trip, can't see the details of the hotel. Internet access was good, the room was clean and nice, located in the middle of hospital and hyper mart (very strategic), there is a mini mart at hotel, hot water temperature and pressure are good. The best things I can find in this hotel is just I can sleep very well, but a lot of surprise in the morning that ruin my mood to start my day.

The terrible things coming in the morning when I am asking for a ironer to the operator, after several minutes waiting there was an attendant coming without bring anything. The weird things was, the attendant didn't say anything and just quiet when I open the door. Doing and saying nothing until I ask the attendant about my request, and the answer was not polite like talking with a friends telling me that the pressing will be processed downstairs. I think there was a miss-communication between the operator and the attendant, I have to tell again that I need an ironer not the pressing service. The attendant said that will check the stock first and contact me back. Ok, I'll wait.

Then I have wait several minutes before I call by myself to the Housekeeping asking about my request and surprised that the iron stock are running out. Very bad service, bad communication and follow up that I ever meet. However, since I need to get my clothes neat and tidy finally I decide to take the pressing service and asking how long the service will be done. They inform around 10-15 minutes, then I ask to pick it up.

After 20 minutes waiting, my clothes was not coming back yet to my room. When I call, again the attendant answer my phone call and question like talking with a friend, no apology about the delaying process, not polite and "NOT PROFFESIONAL" at all. The attendant inform me that need to check to the laundry first and will call me back to inform. Afterwhile, no information or phone call coming, suddenly somebody coming to my room delivering my clothes, thanks God the attendant say the apologise but it was so terrible. Seems that they are not trained well

Before check out, I decide to take a breakfast first due still a long time for the next meeting. Breakfast was good, taste ok, almost the standard of hotel in the same class. Just surprise that I have to pay additional money just to get an omelette or a portion of egg's dishes...For 3 stars hotel, come on...it was ridiculous...in another hotel with the same class and category, it served free both in the buffet or in their egg station (freshly cooked)....

If you are looking place for sleep, you can consider this hotel. but if you are looking for a good service, please forget it. The price are too high comparing the overall experience and service I got from this hotel...

Definitely will not coming back to this hotel...No thanks...Others was better with same or lower price nearby.

Room Tip: Take room facing the street, I think the view are better than the other side...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Rachmatullah, General Manager at Fame Hotel Gading Serpong, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Stanislaus14

We would like to start by expressing our appreciation to you for writing a review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities in your room during your recent visit. We take pride in our high standards of service and attention to details hence we are truly sorry to hear of the number of issues you encountered during your stay.

Your experience does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and customarily maintain hence we would be truly grateful if you could kindly contact us with your room number through hm@famehotel-serpong.com so that we can take the necessary action to rectify the issues you have mentioned. Meantime, we will have our Housekeeping team step-up on our daily room inspection to ensure such issues do not recur.

While you have mentioned otherwise, we do hope that you could give us another opportunity to restore you confidence in our hotel. We are certain that you will notice the improvement on your next visit

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely Yours

Rachmatullah

Travellers are raving about these Tangerang hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

a suitable price for a nice room. The room isn't too big, but enough. Clean room, nice staff. The breakfast was so so. But I won't complain about it since it's just a budget hotel. It's near Summarecon Mall Serpong. The hotel provide shuttle for it. Don't forget to ask for free parking tickets. It next to Giant supermarket and Bethsaida Hospital. Overall is ok.

Room Tip: choose the higher room, you'll get better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank intans2013
Agus S, General Manager at Fame Hotel Gading Serpong, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Ibu Intan,

A warmest greeting from Famehotel Paramount Serpong.

we thank you very much for your stay and your review, it was very value for us.

we looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Agus Setyawan
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Fame hotel located in the heart of Gading Serpong area, 20 km from Jakarta. The room was nice and clean, the view was gorgeous. The breakfast not so much. It is a great place if you bring your own car but rather difficult to reach if you use public transportation.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank runitap
Agus S, General Manager at Fame Hotel Gading Serpong, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Ibu Runita,

A Warmest greeting from Famehotel Paramount Serpong.

we thank you very much for your review about out hotel as it is very value for us to know where to improve and maintain on providing and delivering our services.

that would be great if we could welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regard,

Agus setyawan
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Good Point :
The insternet acces wast fast and stable, the room look lux, elegant, next to hypermart, food court, mini mart at hotel, the bathroom large, warm shower good
Bad Point
The room was small and the table small, so i cannot work on there, the breakfast just average, pay parking car each hours, we need to pay additional bathtools (shower cap, soap bar, dll)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Farisa R
Agus S, General Manager at Fame Hotel Gading Serpong, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Ibu Farisa,

A warmest greeting from Famehotel Paramount Serpong.

thank you very much for the value comment and we appreciated on that. we highlight Parking facilities should be free one car for each guest room and the bath amenities as we are designed for 2stars budget hotel we provide an easy and efficient pack in providing basic need of bathroom amenities.

again all those comment becoming our concern to improve our service and facilities at the hotel.

Ibu Farisa thank you very much and looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Warm regards,

Agus Setyawan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tangerang
Ibis Gading Serpong
Yellow Bee Hotel
Yellow Bee Hotel
#18 of 52 in Tangerang
POP! Hotel BSD City Tangerang

Been to Fame Hotel Gading Serpong? Share your experiences!