Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
memorable visit

Despite difficulties to find the location - it's in the middle of old part of Tangerang with narrow... read more

Reviewed 22 September 2018
Budi R
Serpong, Indonesia
Got Style!

Even we only on the main enterance since it was closed but the ambience and scenery was very... read more

Reviewed 28 June 2017
boyen83
Jakarta, Indonesia
via mobile

All reviews old market traditional market chinese culture interesting history century knowledge peranakan cina menteng founded appreciation ornaments guide indonesia visitors shop
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The rich history of Indonesian Chinese immigrants from the early 17th century is told at this quaint little private run museum. The guide was friendly and made an effort to help me understand the stories better by telling them half in English and half in Bahasa Indonesia.

As it's privately funded, there are still many things that could be improved. I do hope this place gets better recognition.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Irisd1144
Reviewed 25 July 2016

By visiting Museum Benteng Heritage we will know better about Chinese culture and history more details.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

When I read reviews about how difficult to find this place, it really is difficult. Located inside traditional market Pasar Lama, behind Kelenteng Boen Tek Bio. I had to circled the street twice to finally found it. If you bring car, park in front of Bank CIMB Niaga on the right side of the Kisamaun street and the museum is about 500 m behind by foot.

It was raining during my visit, so its even harder to reach since the path is full of traditional market dirts (if you know what I mean). Anyway, when we finally reached the place, all the difficults are paid. The place is beautiful with its details china ornaments.

We are always accompanied by guide during the trip, so dont worry you'll get more knowledge inside. Our guide, Dani, is very informative and friendly.

Note: wear as comfy as possible clothes and foot wear since its located inside traditional market, the road can be very dirty especially when its raining.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank destiprizki
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

As I am a local Tangerang people, I am so proud about this museum. It reminds me about my anchestor and some collections I ever saw in my grandparent's house loong time ago.
Wishing this museum always have good maintenance and fund to preserve all the collections inside.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Located in the middle of Pasar Dalam, Tanggerang old market, is the first Chinese Herritage museum in founded by Udaya Halim
Its recommended that you make an appointment prior to the visit as it may have group visit.
Entrance fee is Rp25,000 / person (Cad 2.50) or Rp100,000 ( Cad 10) including lunch.
The museum is located inside the old market, so after visiting the museum you can buy some local food which are sold along the street

Date of experience: April 2016