“Love the place”

CuriosiTEA Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Ivinghoe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Beautifully restored old Victorian School building. Recently renovated whilst keeping the character. Offering All Day Breakfasts, Toasties, Jacket Potatoes, Paninis, Salads, Cakes, Ice Cream, Chilli & Rice, Lasagne, Tuna Pasta Bake, Macaroni Cheese, Shepherds Pie, Soups, childrens menu and much more as well as offering catering.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great food and very friendly staff. I live in the next village so it's all in walking distance which is really nice. Has a fantastic community atmosphere and you can meet up with people for a cuppa and a chat and not have to do the washing up yourself.
Watch out for the very popular themed pop up resturant nights which are getting booked up very quickly.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I came in off the Ridgeway Footpath - it finishes at Ivinghoe Beacon - and what a lovely welcome! Tired as you can imagine after walking the distance, I needed a space to have a good cup of tea, and good, uncomplicated food - exactly what is on offer; really warm welcome from the staff, excellent fare in a well-restored Victorian Village School - which I understand has been taken on and administered by a local Community Group - CuriosiTEA Rooms are a wonderful addition to the lovely village of Ivinghoe.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have visited this quaint and charming tea room several times now and will continue to do so. The staff are very welcoming and their baked in house goods are delicious! It's top quality. These ladies should be very proud of their achievement not only in the service they provide to the local community but in the restoration of such a beautiful building!!!

1  Thank Loobylou23
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Have been in twice, the first time I shared a cream tea for two with a friend, It had 5 sandwiches! 5 between two people?!?
They were dry sandwiches,
The cakes and scones were shop bought and still poor quality.
Staff were miserable and the outside table area was over grown with moss and mud, nothing an afternoon with a pressure washer couldn't clean up.

The second time I went was about the same, tasted like shop bought, the cakes all looked shop bought too.
Staff were again miserable and it smelt like a deep fat fryer.
WISH is was better, but it's not.

10  Thank theAlleys
CuriosiTEARooms, Owner at CuriosiTEA Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I am a little confused as what is being described here doesn't represent our cafe at all? Our outside seating area is on a Tarmac surface as it swept and kept to a good standard. Our cakes are homemade and customers often watch us taken them from the oven and purchase them whilst still warm. Our afternoon tea certainly doesn't consist of 5 sandwiches and our customers tend to take some home as there's too much. All sandwiches are freshly made and certainly not dry. As for our staff, we pride ourselves in being welcoming and friendly and being nominated for 'chilterns tea shop award' reflects this.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I visit curiosiTEA every week... its the cake that keeps me going in... the best so far has to be the crème egg brownie... - they make all the cakes themselves .. its a really community place... everyone is really friendly too.. if I am every near ivinghoe I try to make an effort to pop in for at least a piece of cake...