“Beautiful Location, Very Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ivinghoe
Town Farm Camping & Caravanning
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have just spent three lovely nights at Town Farm in our caravan. What a surprise to find such a peaceful oasis in a central position for so many places of interest. We used to live near Dunstable so wanted to spend a few days close to friends and familiar places and it was a sheer, but lucky fluke that we found Town Farm on the internet.
The staff and owners were very friendly and accommodating. We had mains hook-up which backed onto the farm building but the view from our caravan window was spectacular. (I will be uploading some photos). Surrounded by Ivinghoe Beacon, Dunstable Downs and the Ayelesbury Vale, the scenery was stunning. So many places to visit in the area including Tring, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Ashridge, Berkhamptead, Woburn and many more. We had limited time this visit but are definitely going back next year.
Showers and Toilets were kept very clean and I never had to queue but there were only three showers in the block I used so I was told it gets busy sometimes.
Our dogs loved the walks and my husband enjoyed a run up the hills. There are lots of public footpaths in the area and many people had also got their bicycles with them.
It was a quiet site with a 'no noise' policy after 11pm. If you like to watch the stars it is a perfect location.
My husband liked the free WiFi.
We will go mid-week again as weekends are apparently very busy. See you next year. Thanks for a very restful few days at Town Farm.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked two nights in a pre-erected tent. I also paid up front for firewood for the fire pit. Unfortunately we have had to cancel.....giving more than 3 weeks notice. The policy is to give no refunds under any circumstances regardless of the notice given. It is my fault for not reading the terms and conditions....how many of us do?
That said the owners will not even refund me for the two bags of firewood I ordered! They have given me a promissory note for the wood if we visit in the future.
I should not have cancelled....I should have given the two nights as a gift to any passing stranger.
I am sure this is a splendid place to stay......but beware you need to be 100% sure that you will not have to cancel.

2  Thank MestaChios
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights to be near to Harry Potter Studio Tour. As other reviewers have said, the washrooms, showers etc were very clean and no real problem except that when we stayed there in early August it was very very busy and the block near our tents had three showers and two toilets only. At some stage it would be good if the owners could build a few more :-) All staff were very friendly and helpful and everything was run very efficiently. Our only real criticism was that because all cars had to be parked in front of the tents, and the tents were really really packed in like sardines - the view of the lovely surrounding countryside was completely obliterated by all the cars. I don't blame the owners for wanting to make the most of the camping season but our nearest neighbours were inches from our tent. A bit too close really. If they could ask people to unload and then park their cars in a car park it would really enhance the whole campsite. My son said it was like camping in a car park! Other than this I would have given it five stars. Definitely a great location.

1  Thank geepee7
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Staying a few days to break up a journey south and to see some friends. A busy but relaxed site. When we arrived with our caravan late evening, it was lovely to see so many campers enjoying fires. Cute little play area for children. Some hard standing for caravans and lots of field space for tents. Maybe pitches a little close for my preferences but overall, a great place. Lots available locally so we may come for longer next time. Facilities are kept clean. All good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JoFSaxon
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Charles the manager is a great guy, always friendly with a smile even when he is mopping the toilets out at midnight! The facilities are really clean. Never had to queue for a shower and there was always plenty of hot water. There are huge washing up sinks and fridges to use too. Was very well run and organised site. Pitches are quiet closely spaced but didn;t bother us as we had pitched our tent facing outwards to the fields next door. Good kids play area. Really good site which you cannot fault.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have a campervan and this is the second time we have been to Town Farm and again was given a superb welcome by Charles and his team. We thought at first that we would not be able to camp here as they were fully booked when we first enquired but due to some last minute cancellations we discovered they had room for us.
We love the ambience of this site as it can be really busy with people coming and going and all the children playing yet it still seems quiet and relaxing.It was lovely to see children flying kites, playing cricket, football and using the playground.
The only problems we encountered was at certain times you have to queue for toilets and showers.Therefore more showers and toilets are needed. We love the place and intend to use it more often when we venture down South and we are planning on bringing more of the family next year. (unfortunately they have booked their holidays for this year otherwise we would bring them sooner) Look forward to returning as soon as possible

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Never been camping before so wasn't sure what to expect but my son and I had a great time. We booked well in advanced as there were 18 of us, 9 tents. The site were able to provide fire pits (which doubled up as a BBQ) and wood for a small cost and one of my lazy friends rented a pre pitched tent and blow up mattresses. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the site facilities were functional and clean. The facilities included communal fridges and freezers, playground, shower and toilet block and a large field to play sports in. Directly opposite are some great walks and we then headed into Ivinghoe had had lunch at the Rose & Crown which was also excellent, review written. My camping tip would be to ask for a pitch at the top of the field as we were on the other half and it was on a slight gradient and you could hear passing cars on the road. It was a great weekend and we will return.

Room Tip: My camping tip would be to ask for a pitch at the top of the field as we were on the other half and...