This was our second time to Kahanda Kanda. Our first time was on our honeymoon and this time with our parents and sister/brother in law. We were blown away the first time and this visit was just as good.
Our arrival was in the early hours of the morning after a delayed flight and we were surprised to see a team of people to welcome us. It was a great sight after a long journey!
We stayed in the Araliya suite which was very spacious and had lovely views across the valley. Squirrels, monkeys, peacocks and various birds could all be viewed from the balcony. Our family were in the Mango and Tamarind suites which were beautiful. They also had a day bed area inside as well as larger more comfortable looking day beds outside so they would be my pick next time. The downside is that both of these rooms had barely any hot water/shower pressure whereas ours was fine.
The common areas are divine - you can really while away the days by the pool or in the lounge. The pool is a perfect temperature and all areas have views down across the tea estate to the lake. I don't understand the comments about the pool being murky - it is tiled in black slate so that is the colour of the tiles. It completely suits the surroundings as a bright blue sparkly pool would look out of place.
Food was good - not quite as memorable as our first visit (I didn't see the same chef so may have changed). The BBQ on Christmas day was fantastic.
The highlights of our stay were early morning walks in the area (locals are so friendly), a bike ride from KK down to Wijaya beach one afternoon and the celebrations on Christmas day (love the band!)
The service is lovely - everyone is so friendly. We had a lovely send off after 6 nights and I almost shed a tear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha