“Fantastic Stay!!!”
Review of White House B&B

White House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saltford
White House B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Saltford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Me and my husband decided to visit Bath as a small holiday, being away of London busy roads and we was looking for a room to stay over the weekend in Bath which is not very expensive, as I consider after a long day of driving and visiting arround we will need a room for shower and to sleep. We found this fantastic B&B between Bristol and Bath, about 10 minutes driving distance from Bath, really nice location, really quiet, really big spacious room (me and my husband had a last twin room booked-but is enough space there, with your own shower room and toilet and you can easily put the beds next to each other if you wish). for the price we paid- it totally worth it! Had a full english breakfast, the space we need and the relaxation we wanted. the owners are really friendly! We will definetely come back! book well in advance if you wish a good room and call the owners before your arrival to let them know if you are not there at 14:00 for check in. They will either arrange with you to have the key or they will wait for you! Breakfast in the morning is fantastic too!! We have been impressed really. We stayed at other 4* hotels which was not as good and breakfast wan not nice.
I recommend " The White House" to everyone!!!

Room Tip: Book your room in advance !!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Situated just off the main A4 between Bath and Bristol which ideal for visiting either city . Use either park and ride or bus service. Good hosts and well prepared breakfast. Perhaps a beneficial addition would be some outside seating if only a bench.

Room Tip: Front twin bedroom you can hear traffic early morning from A4
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the White House B&B for a long weekend at the start of July. The staff were extremely welcoming even when we arrived late due to traffic on the M4.

The rooms were spacious and well maintained, twinned with the breakfast extremely good. The location is great, with Bath just a 15 minute bus ride or 10 minute drive. The White House was extremely well priced and extremely attractive for those on a tighter budget.

I would definitely recommend.

Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I can only agree with all previous reviews (which I don't always do!) exceptional service from Roger & Trish, house lovely, room lovely - nice little touches such as fresh bottled water every day, bathroom very modern and spacious. Breakfast very plentiful with lots of choice and very good! set us up for the day! Great parking and with the bus stop a stones throw away we abandoned the car on the drive & visited Bath & Bristol using the bus service - one every 12 minutes. Roger was very helpful with lots of good information if you need it like giving us a discount booklet which we used twice in Bath for 10% off including the Roman Baths! Saltford village is beautiful! Bird in Hand pub became our local serving great food and real ales, lovely walks down to the river, we even stayed for a couple of hours after we had checked out as the weather was glorious and Roger let us leave our car on the drive until we were ready to go home. I would highly recommend The White House and hope to return one day, thank you for a lovely 3 days!

Torbay, Devon
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at The White House for a couple of nights recently as we were attending a wedding in Bath. It was really great - lovely room, bathroom, parking and the breakfast was excellent. It was ideal for getting in to the centre of Bath as only about 10 minutes away. We used the Park and Ride at Newbridge which was ideal. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was one of the best hotel or B&B experiences I have ever had. Roger greeted us at the door and was friendly and helpful when we arrived a little late about 7 PM and he understood we wanted eat and get to bed after all day sightseeing in Salisbury. He showed us to our room recommended a local pub a short walk down the hill and left us alone. The Pub had great food and good beer. In the morning we discussed our days plans with him and he suggested a few changes which were a tremendous help probably the difference in a great day of sightseeing and a bad day. All of his suggestions were very accurate. We were worried about the distance from Bath. If you have a car this is not an issue as it is a very short drive to Bath (less than 5 minutes) with a simple way in and out of town from the B&B. Bath Parking was about 6 pounds downtown and convenient to the sights. You can use http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/bath/ or other sights to help with finding parking lots.

The White House location is a bit difficult to find unless you know what to look for A TESCO Express and a Vauxhall car dealership on the right hand side heading to Bristol from Bath on A4 (might also be A36) with a Dav & Way Estate Agents on the opposite corner. Google Street view is accurate. Think Vauxhall car dealership turn right at corner. The White House is the first white house on the right with free parking in front of the house. Very nice set up with car out front and easy load and unload. The added benefit for American visitors is you can say you stayed at “The White House” on your vacation. The breakfasts choices are excellent and much more than just cereal and yogurt, but they have this as well if that is what you want. They offer a Full English breakfast along with other fresh cooked choices.

I wish all B&Bs and Hotels were this good or even half this good. We stayed at a Holday In the next night in Oxford and were so disappointed in the service and comfort compared to The White House.

My Brother and I (2 men) stayed 2 days in 2 twin beds in the front room left side with the ensuite shower and toilet above the front door. We really loved the corner shower. One of the best shower designs we have ever seen, all glass. We booked this B&B through laterooms.com which after staying here I have new respect for this website. I had not used it until this booking. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and 255 pounds and the bed was long enough.

I think this B&B would appeal to single females and families with small children due to the safety of location and the building itself. I don’t often add this to my reviews.

Room Tip: I think every room is excellent, but I only stayed in the front left one when facing the front door.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

price excellent for the quality and service provided. Breakfast was first class, parking easy simple to find, room very comfortable. The bathroom felt top quality. Overall just much more than I expected from a local, low priced bed and breakfast. I stay in hotels and bed and breakfast of different price, quality and location for 4 nights a week and this is by far the best b&b I have found!

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltford
Bailbrook House Hotel
#10 of 10 in Keynsham
Grasmere Court
Grasmere Court
#5 of 10 in Keynsham

Been to White House B&B? Share your experiences!