“Comfortable enough but let down by service”
Review of Laveinn Homestay

Laveinn Homestay
Ranked #4 of 8 Gua Musang B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable enough but let down by service”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at My Home for one night on our way through Gua Musang to catch the jungle train down to Singapore. The hotel is certainly an eye-catching place, with its bright red exterior it's hard to miss. Unfortunately the red theme is continued on into the bedrooms, where it doesn't contribute to the most relaxing of environments. Our bedroom was at the front, which faces the main road. If you're a light sleeper then you'll definitely need earplugs here.

The bathroom is a bit odd as the drain is located at the opposite end to the shower meaning that the whole of the floor around the toilet and the sink is wet most of the time. The shower itself is okay, with hot water. The room had a TV, but there was no remote so we were forced to use the frustratingly complicated button configurations on the front of the set. There was a lot of noise coming from the reception area as we tried to sleep as friends of the staff seem to pop round for impromptu parties. Again, earplugs are a must.

In the morning we needed to print out some tickets for our train but despite the hotel having two printers, we were told that neither of them were working. There was no remedy offered for our printing problem. We ordered a taxi to the station which arrived late. The price quoted was 12 ringgits for a two minute ride. We negotiated this down to 10 ringgits but still felt ripped off. The receptionist said that the price was higher as the taxi was ordered rather than hailed from the street, but we weren't told this beforehand. In fact, the 'taxi' wasn't really a taxi at all. It was a beat-up old car that was driven by the receptionist's mate we reckon.

Overall not a terrible stay - we actually had a good night's sleep - but there are quite a few areas where this hotel needs to improve its service

Room Tip: There's free wifi which looks like it should be available in most rooms. However go for a room a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BernardAlbrecht
Mevislai, Owner at Laveinn Homestay, responded to this review, 26 March 2017
Hi, please verify that hotel name was not Laveinn Homestay, the real name is myhome hotel. thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I reached the hotel at about 7pm after driving from KL. The hotel is located next to the main road and easily seen with its bright red signboard.
The staff is courteous and the check in was fast. They use proper digital key for safety. Unfortunately the twin sharing room provided is too small.
The bathroom is at the end of the bed and there is a convertible desk at the corner of the room.
I may not go to this hotel or may be will request different type of room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MHasni
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

When I planned to visit Kelantan by road on my own, I decided to stay a night in Gua Musang just to experience a stay in this town which is about half way between KL and Kota Bharu. This I did by going through the Cameron Highlands where I stayed for a night. I had no idea if there was any reasonably good hotel in Gua Musang(I ever spent a night in a hotel here several years ago) After finding that My Home Hotel has sister hotels in other towns, I decided to give it a try. At the rate I have to pay, I consider it is worth it. Room is small and compact but able to offer the basic things we need for a short stay. My wife was not so happy with the TV channels which were controlled by the hotel.. could not watch channels of own choice. I am writing this while in the hotel room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank James N
Mevislai, Owner at Laveinn Homestay, responded to this review, 26 March 2017

Been to Laveinn Homestay? Share your experiences!