“Great entertainment”

The Beachcomber Clubhouse & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Brean
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Description: The Beachcomber is Warren Farm's on-site clubhouse and is open to the public. Open all day, every day from 12 noon through the holiday season (April - October), with delicious food and fantastic live entertainment. There is a large beer garden, children's room, family restaurant and modern Cabaret Bar. There is free wifi available within the clubhouse. The Beachcomber menu ranges from light snacks to hearty home-cooked meals. Our legendary Sunday carvery is served all day 12 - 8pm during the main season (April - October). The Beachcomber regularly hosts top class entertainment including cabaret, comedy, tribute acts and great bands, with no admission cost. Cabaret is followed by a lively late night disco with our resident DJ. Our in-house children's entertainers host games and party dances in the Pirates Cove.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great shows live bands,only downside it gets very busy but the bar staff are very efficient,food in restaurant very good and fairly priced

WarrenFarm, Manager at The Beachcomber Clubhouse & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Darrell, many thanks for your wonderful review. We’re happy to hear you enjoy our entertainment and food offering. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Saturday evening the adults bar was full by 6.30pm. Bingo was over and then it was a mad dash for the seats as people were leaving. The entertainment was ok - the sound of the mike wasn’t great.
Sunday lunch was lovely. It was very busy. The price has gone up though.
The family bar was very busy! No seats left early evening!

Hi Roslyn, thanks for your review. We do get very busy and advise to arrive early for a seat as the venue can become full. This is an issue we are aware of and we have future plans to address this and expand at some stage. We're pleased you enjoyed your carvery and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have always visited here when we are in Brean and have found the beachcomber a good place to eat, however during our visit last week we were very disappointed. As two OAP`s we have always found their two for £8 lunchtime specials met our needs. My husband had the steak & kidney pudding with chips and peas and I had the breaded plaice, mash and chips. The staff were very friendly and we did not wait too long. When my husband cut into his pie it was nothing but gravy although he did find one small bit of meat. The chips were fine but the peas were hard and cold, again my fish was ok but the mash was only warm and the peas hard & cold. We did not complain as my husband had only just came out of hospital and did not want the stress. We feel that the food this year 2018 is no way as good as in the past.

Hi Jacky, we're very sorry to hear you were disappointed on your recent visit. We would much rather you say something at the time so that we have the opportunity to rectify the situation and replace the meal. Our team work really hard to ensure the food served is of a high standard, however we do apologize if our quality control slipped on this occasion. I assure you we will look into what measures we can take to rectify this, and what improvements can be made. With this in mind, we do hope you'll consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did try to eat my dinner, not to spoil the evening, but a friend insisted on taking it back and complaining : I ordered the steak and ale pie with new potatoes and vegetables! It had been a busy and long day and I was hungry and looking forward to a lovely dinner before the show : but no, I couldn't even cut the 'new' potatoes because they were so tough; no doubt warmed in a microwave! ? the carrots were small sliced and soggy, the peas were horrible, 'tinned'!. The steak pie - I wouldn't call it a pie - was a small oval dish containing very over-seasoned meat with a separate blob of pastry on top, which I also couldn't cut because it was too tough. I was given my money back but went home hungry. I would add that the entertainment was great and all the staff were very pleasant and friendly.

WarrenFarm, Manager at The Beachcomber Clubhouse & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Please accept our sincere apologies you were disappointed with your food. We strive to offer good quality meals at competitive prices and we're very concerned by your feedback. Our pies are homemade, and we use fresh vegetables and frozen peas (not tinned). Our team work really hard to ensure the food served is of a high standard, however we do apologize if our quality control slipped on this occasion. I assure you we will look into what measures we can take to rectify this, and what improvements can be made to the meal you ordered in particular. Thanks for your kind comments about our staff and entertainment. We wish you all the very best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When our food came to us we found multiple maggots in our burgers and our spicy relish sauce (both mine and my boyfriends) luckily we spot the one in the sauce otherwise we wouldn’t of checked the burgers. not acceptable!! Will not re-vist! It’s now made me check every food item I have! Also staff behind bar were doing nothing, all stood around with their arms crossed. Even if it’s not busy at least clean, no wonder there’s maggots!!!! Filthy.

Hi, I think you must have the wrong business as there have never been maggots in our food. We are proud of our cleanliness and five-star hygiene rating, and do not appreciate your untrue allegations.