“Great place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Kidlington B&B and Inns
Oxford
“Great place”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is my 3rd visit to this restaurant and on each occasion I have had a fabulous meal. The atmosphere is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There will definitely be a 4th visit soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
belleoxford, Manager at The Bell at Hampton Poyle, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Tracey,
we look forward to your next visit and thank you very much for your lovely review. We will keep up with a good work.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Personal Stay or Company Stay it is surely one of the best places I have stayed so far and I am comparing it to three or four star hotels I stayed in the UK and in various other countries.

Why?
- Great Service
- Awesome Food
Note: I had some of the best meals there, either fish, meat or dessert
Breakfast: Take the Salmon with Scrambled Eggs - What a taste!
Dinner: Everything can be recommended
Highly recommend the Sticky Toffee Pudding as a dessert
- Cozy Feeling during the night
- Clean: Didnt find a single dirty spot

Overall it is one of the best places I stayed and I am going to continue to go there on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Any type of room is great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brilliant! We are very pleased that you have enjoyed all of the aspects of the Bell. If you would like to stay with us on regular basis, please do let us know as we do offer a cooperate rate for our regular business customers. We look forward to having you with us again soon!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just love this restaurant.

My son and I wanted a quick, early evening meal - we weren't here for any of the yummy fancy foods - tonight simplicity was on our agenda.

Our food was fab - juicy, piled high burger and an elegant pizza.

Always love the decor and the very pleasant staff : Gabi and Lubos are great ambassadors for The Bell.

Not our last visit - it seems The Bell is my first option every time as it is close to home, offers good food and service.

PS: we asked to see the rooms above as we often have visitors. We were shown a nice double. Really well laid out, spacious, with a great shower. I imagine for a weekend visit to Oxford, this would be a really super place to stay, or for the business traveller, very convenient as easy to get onto the motorway - Bicester/Oxford.

All round winner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
What a great review, thank you very much! I am so pleased to hear that my staff impressed you and are doing a great job. Your comment is highly appreciated and we look forward to your 5th visit!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went along the other night on a friends recommendation just for a drink but the food looked so good I stayed and ate, what a fantastic experience: unbelievable food really good service and atmosphere.
I wish we had a place like this in Kent even the prices were very reasonable for the quality you receive.
I had a pint of their real ales before I sat down and that was kept perfectly as well !
I will be going back with my wife very soon and stay in one of their rooms for the weekend I cannot wait!
Phil

Room Tip: Don't tell anybody or you wont get in!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip A
Dear Phil,
thank you very much for your great review. We very much appreciate your comment and we look forward to having you with us soon. Do make yourself known when you check in, it is always a pleasure to greet returning guests. All the best!
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Bell provided the perfect location for a 50th Birthday family meal. Excellent food, great atmosphere and friendly, attentive and efficient service. We couldn't fault anything and 3 generations agreed it was the perfect way to celebrate. We would not hesitate to recommend the Bell - and will definitely be paying a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, we are very happy that the whole family enjoyed the birthday celebration. We look forward to having you here again!
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night at The Bell for my birthday treat and I must say if you want a chill out night away then this is a must. The food is excellent as was the breakfast and the interior is very stylish. The only niggle I would have is that when we came down for pre dinner drinks and sat in the bar area we were completely ignored. The waiter was going up to everyone else giving out menus to choose their evening meals but didn't come to us even though we were staying there so I got up and got them myself from reception - we chose what we would like to eat and was once again ignored until I asked if we could order - it was like we were invisible. Once at the table the service was excellent. It is a very popular place and the restaurant was full. We would definitely go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comment. I have spoken to my assistant manager about the issue and I appreciate your honest review. We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed the rest of your experience and we hope to see you soon.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Tired and hungry, it took time to find this place.
Am not used to isolated place so for me it was isolated but wow, this is such a lovely place.
We've been welcomed by a nice team who gave us a charming seat with a chimney...
There we enjoyed ales and yummy yummy food (burger and vegetarian Tatin) and the pizza looked just amasing!!!
Service was great but the bill was pricy...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
We very much appreciate your review and we are very pleased you have enjoyed your meal with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidlington
Macdonald Bear Hotel
Holiday Inn Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
#13 of 44 in Oxford
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel

Been to The Bell at Hampton Poyle? Share your experiences!