EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
US$217
US$188
US$177
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch(Lakewood Ranch)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$180
Homewood
US$110
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$105
US$95
BestWestern.com
US$67
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday innalamo steakhouserocking chairsexercise equipmentshopping and restaurantsvery nice hotelfloor roomwalk in showerlucky pelicanroom servicewater pressurethree nightsbeds were very comfortablebusiness centernice stayconvenient locationwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here on business Aug 21 and 22, and check in was fast and smooth.
Close to the airport, and local shopping.
The Alamo staeakhouse on site is fantastic, and the rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable.
The real gem though is the 'Lucky Pelican' restaurant next door - probably some of the best seafood i have ever had.
If I am in Sarasota again, I will go back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KT5150
Reviewed 28 August 2012

When we checked into our room we noticed how hot and humid it was despite the fact that it was very cloudy and rainy outside. So we turned the air on and up to its highest level and left for dinner. When we arrived back after a few hours the room was just as hot. We called down and two men came up and supposedly adjusted the thermostat. We went back out for a while and still our room was like a sauna. We were tired and not in the mood to move to another room which was probably the same.

As I tossed and turned all night I was also plagued by some kind of flying bug in the bed. Needless to say we were quite anxious to leave when morning came. My friend did not even bother to attempt to take a shower and dry her hair. I unfortunately tried to shower and dress all the while sweating. Could not wait to get into my car to get cool. We were also told that there was a free hot breakfast which was not true. Although they have the holiday inn logo behind the desk, I do not think this is anything but a cheap privately owned very old and unkept hotel.

Room Tip: go to the comfort suites or hampton inn on University
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank debra m
rferguson, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We are truly sorry you had a problem with your AC as it is quite hot outside! it sounds like the staff could notfix teh problem and offered you another room. I am unsure why you would assume it would have the same problem, it could have solved the problem.

We realize many hotels advertise a free breakfast. The reality is it is not free, but included in teh rate. We offer several rate plans so we can be flexible with rates. We can offer you tthecheapest rate or a rate including breakfast. Its your choice. I am sorry we did not explain this better when you made your reservation and hope you will try us again

Rob

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I normally only write reviews to warn others to stay away. However, my family LOVED our experience at this hotel! I was so HAPPY that I had to share!!! We visited for three days. The staff at this hotel was so kind! The employees at the front desk were very informative. They did not hestitate to give directions or recommend resturants. Several employees asked about our stay from someone on the elevator to the housekeeper on our floor. I am a germ phobe, and I was so comfortable during my stay. The hotel was very clean and our room was perfect. The pool was also very relaxing and very clean. The hotel is in a wonderful location. Many resturants, stores, the beach, movies, etc. are close by. Terrific hotel for the price! I would stay at this hotel again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Me and my boyfreind only got one night here, becuase of our hectac work schedules we dont get much time together. we absolutley loved it. Check- in was fast , hotel and room were very clean. Room was beautiful , bed was so comfy we had to force ourselves to wak up in the morning so we didnt miss the awsome breakfast in the resturaunt.The view from our room was amazing , looking over lake osprey, and the pool and jacuzzi were romantic. I highly recomend this hotel to everyone. Its also really close to the interstate so its easy and fast to get to downtown sarasota .

Room Tip: a room over looking lake osprey
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashley p
rferguson, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Ashley,
Thanks so much for positve comments and am sorry to hear about your difficult work load. I hope you will return one day so you can experience the great area attractions such as the Lakewood Ranch Restaurants and cinemas, golf at area courses and of course, the award winning beaches of Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.

Rob Ferguson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My new husband and I are currently on our honeymoon, and exploring Florida by car. After two nights in Marriott brand hotels, (Fairfield Suites Orlando and Courtyard Marriott Tampa) paid for by his loyalty club points, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch in Sarasota, using my Priority Club points.
As a Platinum member and a seasoned Holiday Inn guest in Europe, I was expecting a good stay here.
When we arrived at 9 PM last night, the reception staff were pretentious, rude, and very abrupt with us. This was at complete odds with the warm and generous welcome we had received from the Marriott hotel staff, on the two previous nights.
This was redeemed by the elegant decor of our room, the delicious breakfast this morning, and the delightful restaurant staff who went out of their way to accommodate us.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Kel_WestWilts
rferguson, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Hello,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are very dissappointed that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in our award winning service ratings but we realize they mean nothing if you are the exception to the rule.
On behalf of the entire staff, please accept our apology for our shortcomings during you visit and we can only hope you will try us again in the near future.

Rob Ferguson