EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
US$159
US$127
US$123
HIExpress.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch(Lakewood Ranch)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$180
Homewood
US$106
US$103
Country Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$129
La Quinta
US$104
US$95
US$67
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday innalamo steakhouserocking chairsexercise equipmentshopping and restaurantsvery nice hotelfloor roomwalk in showerlucky pelicanroom servicewater pressurethree nightsbeds were very comfortablebusiness centernice stayconvenient locationwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2013

After staying here every year since it was opened, we stayed twice within a fortnight. My wife requested an unscheduled return before we checked out. Soothing, calm and displaying quality in every way, the hotel also offers good access to the sea (45 minutes away) and is close to I 75. The only snag is the pillows which are small and fat. The staff are very helpful and the Alamo restaurant provides big meals of good food on a admittedly limited menu. This year, we experienced a weekend restaurant manager who explained that wedid not have to have a big meal but they would either allow us to share or would cut down the amounts so we did not feel overwhelmed. This has transformed my wife's attitude towards eating in the restaurant towards being more positive!

Room Tip: Be specific if you'd like a tub/bath.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thanks so much for your positive response. The Holiday Inn standard for the full service hotels had been the labeled soft and firm pillow. I am in agreement that you either love them or dislike them. That being said, the standard has changed and we ordered the new full size pillow, that should be in any day.
I hope you will come back just to see them!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Holiday Inns usually fall into one of two categories. Old and dingy or updated and nice. This was closer to the latter. Very nice looking lobby with an attached restaurant. Waterfall display in the lobby with plenty of comfy seating. The room was generally nice and roomy. The bed I was in was not very comfy and the pillows left a lot to be desired. Free wifi was nice. Very nice bathroom, very roomy and upscale. Free coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The restaurant was good but nothing special.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thanks so much for evaluating our hotel. I am sorry you were not overjoyed by the restaurant as we usually see rave reviews, especially from our locals. I hope you will come back and try something new. Please stop by and say hello the next time you are in the area

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The hotel is in a good location and looks clean - The rooms are smaller than a nearby holiday inn - The pillows are like the sie of my head - the bathroom tub has mold - I am in room 510 corner unit if management replies - I also have 2 double beds for 2 adults -

Bottom line - not feeling the love and this is my 200th hotel in 1 year

Room Tip: There is another holiday Inn close by near the airport - choose that one
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

I am so sorry you had issues with the room and that we could not move you to a similar room type. The Holiday Inn standards for pillow has changed and the new, much larger pillows are ordered and should be in soon.
Please try us out again if you are coming to Sarasota soon

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my overnight stay here. Nor do I have anything extraordinarily fantastic to report. The place was clean, wi-fi was free, and the front desk gave me a free toothbrush when I told them I had left mine at home. I guess this is the minimum I expect to receive when staying at a place like this for the price I paid. I didn't consider it to be a bargain, but then it may be hard to compare as there are few, if any, other similar places to stay in Lakewood Ranch proper.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Con1951

I am so sorry we did not WOW you during your stay. As a Torchbearer hotel, we always try offer a great guest experience. Please let me know when you are coming in the next time so we can make it up to you

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed here for a week. The on site breakfast was well prepared each day, with loads of fresh fruit and oatmeal, as well as the usual breads, pastries, eggs and bacon. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When my GPS wouldn't locate the Total Wines store, the desk clerk printed a Mapquest for me, without being asked. The grounds were well kept and clean. The location is very close to some nice restaurants and shopping.
My only complaint was the lack of soundproofing in the room. Fortunately, our neighbors were not loud people, but when they came into their room, we could hear their conversation and they were speaking in normal tone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate your feedback and the review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your business