“Favorite Breakfast and Lunch”
Review of Sea Star Cafe

Sea Star Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Myakka City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The Sea Star is our favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. This restaurant serves great food at a great price in a friendly atmosphere. Delicious breakfasts and they don't mind if you ask for extra ingredients if you want to change things up a bit. Bring your dog and sit outside on the patio!

1 Thank MEG34251

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Just OK”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We had a good experience the first time we tried this little, owner run restaurant, remember I said good, NOT GREAT! Our second visit in Jan. 2013 on a Sunday after Church w/ friends was not good at all. Before I review the food, I must say the servers on our first visit were very friendly. On our second visit when we had to send back my food, they became a little sarcastic.
Ok, so here is my food review on our second visit. I ordered a blueberry pancake and bacon. The pancake was undercooked and tatsted very salty, so I told them I did not want it and just ate the bacon.. My husband had a big breakfast platter that he said it was OK, but nothing to bring him back to the restaurant. Our friends both had eggs benedict and it was terrible. The eggs were almost hard cooked and the sauce was a thick velveeta like cheese sauce, not Hollandaise sauce. We all left very dissappointed will not be returning. The other thing that bothered me is that the owner had her young child in a highchair behing the breakfast/lunch counter and she was feeding the child. Just really seemed inappropriate to have a child in the area where they are preparing and prepping food. We really like to support locally owned businesses and I feel badly that I cannot say anything better. Maybe they were just having a bad day.

1 Thank Linda W
Cornelius
“Great Lunch Choice”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We were in the area of SR 70 and I-75 after a tour Southern Sarasota County and were hungry for a non-chain type restaurant for lunch. We did an Internet Search and saw that the Sea Star was within a couple of miles from our location. We arrived after the rush hour and were not dissapointed. After downing a bowl of home made chips, I attacked a loaded philly steak with a side of onion rings. Service was fantastic and my glass of diet Coke was topped off ever few minutes. The quanity and quality of the food was very good. Sea Star is a must if you are in the area.

• Visited January 2013
“Great place to go for a meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

Owner operated, service is good and they do a great job with the food. A hidden gem, one of the better restaurants in the area. Always busy.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Awesome little Breakfast & Lunch cafe! Families are welcome, prices are right - it's a neighborhood gem!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Every town has one of those great little cafes or diners that all the locals go to. Well, in Lakewood Ranch...this is it. It's tucked away off State Road 70, but no impossible to find. The food is really good. Standard foods, like pancakes, eggs, biscuits & gravy and daily specials. Everything is made fresh to order, which is nice. The staff is friendly. I'm going with 4 stars simply because it's not a swanky establishment. If you try it out, you'll probably love it.

• Visited January 2012