All reviewsfront deskhot breakfast buffetthe ritz carltonnice hotelquiet streetsiesta keywould definitely stay here againhotel is locatedguest roomsfirst floornight stayeasy accesscoffee makeryogurtlobbypublixcarpet
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I selected this facility based on price and the location along a drive down I-75. I was very disappointed with the property, the condition of the rooms, and the desk staff. First of all, it's a very dated property. It is also in a commercial area off of a major road and quite frankly the area felt a little sketchy. There were only a few cars in the parking lot when we arrived and the lobby was empty. Yet the guy working behind the desk, who appeared extremely disheveled and not professionally dressed, managed to ignore me for several minutes. I was never greeted as a Marriott rewards member, and felt as though the guy couldn't care less whether I was there or not.

The room was very small and the bathroom featured several broken, loose tiles that crunched and moved every time you stepped on them. I was also annoyed that there were only 3 towels for two adults and two kids to share. And as has been noted by several reviewers, the air conditioner in the room was VERY noisy.

The hallways were very hot (literally 87 degrees as I looked at a thermostat). It wasn't just my floor. All of the floors were the same.

Breakfast was a chaotic mess. There were unattended children roaming everywhere (not the hotel's fault) and the staff did not seem to be able to keep up with demand for food or the overflowing trash cans.

I chose this hotel because it was $15 dollars cheaper than the next Marriott property just 10 or 15 miles further south. I assumed Marriott properties maintained a minimum level of quality. I was wrong. This hotel had the look, feel, and staff of a budget hotel at a price point half of what I paid.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel allow you to hear your car alarm going off.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank gwmullis
Rob F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are just days away from a full hotel renovation, including a major change to the bathrooms. We appreciate you pointing out that we have some training issues as well and they will certainly be addressed asap.

We should complete the renovation this fall and hope you will try us again.
Rob

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Had a 2-night stay planned here but cut it short. I had a day of business to conduct and a day I needed to work in my room. The place has good ratings, so I’ll be the first to admit that maybe it was just not to my liking. When entering my room I was surprised with the tiny size. I do think this may be the smallest room I’ve encountered in a Fairfield. Granted, it’s an older property, but it’s very small. The desk is tiny with hardly a work area. There are NO electrical outlets near the desk except 1 on the lamp. There is no place to open a suitcase. All the counters are full so I am using the small chair for the night to hold a few things. I returned to the front desk and I asked about any other rooms available. I received a lecture about the property and that all Fairfield rooms are identical. The only problem with that is I am a Lifetime Platinum Marriott Member and I stay at a lot of Fairfield’s and that is just not true. I was told I couldn’t move. I expressed my frustration that spending the day working in that room would be uncomfortable and was told to speak to the manager in the morning. I choose instead to make a new reservation at the elsewhere instead. The room has a tiny frig siting on the floor, a very small microwave and an old coffee maker. It seems clean enough although I found several long hairs throughout the bathroom and room that were not mine. I rely on my Marriott Properties to cater to the business side I need and this one fails. My computer is plugged into the bathroom counter plug. My cell phone is plugged into the nightstand and my iPad on the desk. I have a package here somewhere that was signed for and delivered, but they haven’t found yet – I suspect they have it somewhere and I’ll find it in the morning before I check out. The front desk does not need to have attitude. He was not rude, but he was not helpful. Breakfast in the morning was the usual Fairfield with nothing special added. The air conditioner in my room woke me up several times when it decided to howl in the middle of the night. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ALEX P
Rob F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Alex P,
We are so sorry we did not exceed your expectations and our staff did not eliminate your concerns. I am guessing we were sold out or close to it and did not have a bigger room for you.
We will be renovating the hotel in late summer and will be adding more technology to the rooms.
On behalf of our staff and management I sincerely apologize for issues you had and hope you will return soon. Our suites are typically $20 more and may make for a more comfortable work environment.
Rob Ferguson

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel is clean and comfortable. Elevator a bit creaky and it was hard to figure out how to get in and out of pool area since some doors were either broken or didn't open. BUT the hotel was kind enough to start breakfast an hour early to accommodate people attending the state rowing regatta attendees. Breakfast was really good with lots of choices. Hotel personnel patient and helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I usually stay at the Courtyard on the other side of the highway but because of the price differential I decided to try Fairfield. I usually find Fairfield's hit or miss (the better ones tend to be newer and this Fairfield seem to have been around) This one slightly missed the mark. The beds were not all that comfortable, pillows lumpy and walls were fairly thin. Staff was ok but wouldn't say they were overly friendly-just did their job efficiently. Breakfast was typical Fairfield with eggs and some breakfast meat along with various types of breads.

Not much around the Fairfield to do except a Chili's. The location of Courtyard is much better as you can walk to more places. Most likely will head back there on my next visit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Rob F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

cseanmc,
Thanks so much for you review and constructive criticism.We are renovating to hotel this Summer and will have new mattresses. I am sorry you missed the additional restaurants within walking distance including the Broken Egg, Publix, Quiznos, Pizza Hut, Walgreens and several others. We are less than a mile from the shoppes and restaurants of Lakewood Ranch Main Street, and the UTC Mall.
Being on the other side of the highway helps our guests with the noise and traffic associated with the shopping plaza but some like being in the middle of it.

I hope you will try us again soon and we apologize for now exceeding your expectations.

Rob

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Nothing really special, but everything you expect from Fairfield is delivered at a high level.
Friendly staff.
Quiet, clean (mostly) room.
Solid, strong fixtures and construction.
Breakfast is very good with more selection and quality than most.
The hotel is tucked back in a quiet street, but there a couple of breakfast restaurants, a Chili's, and a Publix grocery store all real close.
Only negative - and I find this at most hotels - is the filthy AC filters. These PTAC units have "permanent" washable filters. It takes about 5 minutes to wash the dust off, but it was so thick, they couldn't have been touched in months!

Room Tip: Pool side is opposite the freeway, may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family