All reviews front desk hot breakfast buffet nice hotel the ritz carlton siesta key would definitely stay here again hotel is located guest rooms first floor night stay easy access coffee maker yogurt lobby publix carpet renovation
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Just want to give this hotel some love for putting up with a bunch of stressed out families during Hurricane Irma. The staff was attentive, friendly, responsive and courteous during a very difficult situation. Highly recommend these folks if you're a desperate traveler seeking shelter from the storm.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, well priced and maintained with friendly staff and well balanced breakfast. We enjoyed the fresh fruit, hot options, and coffee. My only concern is the use of non recyclable one time use plastics for plates, bowls, and flatware. There is no need for code "6" items for a quick meal. This waste lasts for thousands of years. Wouldn't it be more economical and environmentally friendly to use paper or like some Marriott affiliated properties actual dishes and flatware? I ended up using a napkin and paper coffee cup to eat my food. Please consider changing this practice. Thank you for the stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Rob F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review and please visit again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel. My parents live in the area, so it is convenient and priced right. The staff is very nice, and the hotel is clean. It needs up grades, and the carpet is old and out dated. The beds are comfortable, but small. Our room had two double beds instead of queen beds. The tile in the bathroom needed to re-grouted in spots, and this was the same thing that we found last year at this location. We had just stayed in a Best Western in Orlando a day before coming here, and it was better quality than this place. The breakfast was very good, but get there before they close it at 9am. The bottom line is that it is not the highest on the list of what most would expect from a Marriott brand hotel. Nice hotel, but needs to up graded.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights over 4th of July weekends as they allowed dogs for a $75 fee ($84 with tax & fees) for the whole stay for up to 2 dogs and I had Marriott Rewards free nights up to cat 5 to use. We stayed here because it seemed to be close to Anna Maria Island, Siesta Key, and some other places along the shore.

The hotel is next to a Publix super market and shopping center which was handy. Lakewood Ranch where the hotel is located is an upscale community with a downtown with bars and restaurants that is nice to walk around in. This is around 2 miles away.

I was a little concerned about some of the negative review of this hotel but all was generally ok for us. We had a pet room and the first room we went into smelled strongly of pet urine however we were placed in another room that was fine. Note that Marriott's policy is not to enter rooms with pets whether they are present or not so you have to explicitly request cleaning if desired.

The breakfast has some room for improvement. On Monday of 7/3 breakfast only ran until 9:00 and they were taking breakfast away while people were in line which is inexcusable. I would advise to come to breakfast well before it ends as there is a last minute flood of people and the staff seems to stop stocking the breakfast about 30 minutes before it is over from what I could tell. What remains near the end is minimal and not very appetizing. I noticed the coffee was not always refreshed in the urns as well. If you try to eat healthy good luck finding something. There is some fruit.

The pool and hot tub were nice however the jets did not seem to work on the hot tub even if the timer was turned on. They may have another time which disables the jets beyond a certain hour.

If you are traveling with pets note that there seems to be only one dog friendly beach nearby in Venice. It is called Browhard Paw Park. We enjoyed it. There are a lot of dogs running around off leash so you may want to keep your smaller dogs close to you as we did. We had no issues and enjoyed the beach until the thunder storms started rolling in. They is beach access from this park it might not be immediately obvious when you drive up.

We also enjoyed downtown Sarasota and recommend that area for dining and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2017

My wife and I are so pleasantly surprised at our three night stay at this property that we want to give it a five out of five. But, as soon as it gets its upcoming renovation, I am sure that they will be getting lots of five star reviews. The services and the people are top notch. Our room and bed was super comfortable and looked out over a bucolic scene of an adorable lake and small forest of lovely trees. I loved the bed and bedding.and the room that allowed both of us to spread out.

it is very well located to the fabulous shopping of this micro region as well as a quick hop to get on I-75. I never felt a crowd in any of the public spaces although the parking lot in the evening was quite full considering that this is low season. Breakfast was a real surprise. It was free and had a good variety of hot and cold dishes and breads.

Having read review here, I was not prepared for all the amenities and the care people took to be friendly and helpful.

Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I believe that the odd number rooms are facing to the rear that would be quieter and have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple