“Bar dining”

The Ranch Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Bar dining”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Good food that was marred by somewhat slow service because they were very busy! I had a nice drink at the bar and finished reading the weekend paper.

This is NOT a fast food place... You have enjoy it all.
I saw one customer so irate because of the slow service he was shouting at the bar tender and waiving his hands and walking out with the manager. Life IS too short because it took all of 10 minutes longer than he expected! Ha Ha
The food was good and they adapted to my dietary restrictions.

It is a good local hangout.. Nicely decorated with live music on he weekends! I'll be back! Try the sliced prime rib sandwich!!

I

Sarasota, Florida
“Horrible!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I will never be back at this NASTY restaurant!! Our server and our food was so disgusting!! Our food was cold and our server, I believe her name was Shauna, was tasteless and looked hungover. We live in LWR and will never suggest to anyone in the area to ever go to this nasty place!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Eva M
Sarasota, Florida
“Very disgusted”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

First of all it was not busy during lunch which should have been our first clue, especially during season. The server was friendly, the outside tables were dirty and not set for expecting guests.
The chicken quesadillas had hardly any chicken and the salsa and guacamole were not fresh.
The tip of the iceberg was the servers cleaning the tables with their fingers in the glasses, really how unsanitary. I work in the restaurant industry at a fine dining restaurant and expect some type protocol in safe serve. Never to visit again.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dee R
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I have been in a couple times now to sit at the bar. The food wasn't too bad. but the bartender on shift was AWEFUL. She did't look well at all. I, myself, felt very uncomfortable with the way she was talking with the male guests at the bar. I felt as though I was in a strip club. My husband admitted that he did not feel comfortable either. We have not returned in fear that she is the bartender. Our first experience was just as undesirable. We sat at a table for dinner, had a young girl as our server. She was kind, talked a lot about her ice skating, but she was very unattentive. We had our empty glasses on the table (after she had brought us new beverages) even after the bill was delivered, as well as our plates. We saw her often sitting in another room chatting with coworkers more than attending to her guests. Very unimpressed with the unprofessionalism. We will not be back and have already passed the word on to our neighbors in Lakewood Ranch.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Amanda D
Springfield
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Wife and I have come here for dinner twice during the past two weeks. Our selections included Ranch Hand baby back ribs, Ranch Reuben sandwich, sausage and mushroom flatbread, and potato skins. Both times the food was excellent, nicely presented, promptly served, and reasonably priced.

• Visited January 2014